U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 03:11 PM

102 posts, read 169,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Love finds those who aren't looking for it.
veryyy true!
gotta be happy being by yourself first
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 10:03 AM

1 posts, read 911 times
... don't give up having fun while you are thinking about giving up ...

Old 05-18-2009, 09:42 PM
'M'

1,454 posts, read 1,461,738 times
I've had my relationship for 7 years...it is not working out, won't bore with the details. Now I realize that I have more of my own work to do. Need to be alone again to get to know myself better. It is difficult to know myself when I am with someone who doesn't make that a priority for himself...which is ok that he doesn't...but it's just not right for me at this time in my life. Am glad that I understand and know what I need to do for myself...this doesn't put any of the blame on him. I am grateful to have come this far.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:45 PM

4,983 posts, read 5,249,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsand2boys View Post
I think a lot of people just have too high of standards. No one is perfectly perfect in every way! I think many people who have "given up on love" like you say are just too darn picky to see the decent, yet not perfect people in front of them.
That's absolutely not true. Some of us can't meet single guys, we keep getting married men from ads and responding to us. The last 6 men I have contacted or been contacted by turned out to be married. They lie about it. And very well I will add.

I am far from superficial. I wanted a real person.
Someone logical, comfortable to be with, who enjoys good things in life, and has a spine.
But I think I have given up. Like Huck said, it wears you down. But I still have a strong sex drive. Yet, I hear about married women who don't like sex. How come they get picked?

Old 05-18-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leslie_downs View Post
veryyy true!
gotta be happy being by yourself first
I am very happy being myself. I still don't meet anyone.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr bolo View Post
I dont even think of finding love anymore, the older you get the less chances on meeting another person, most women are married or divorced and have kids from previous relationship [damaged goods] Im staying single for life!

Actually, it is most men who are married. There are far more women who are single than men. The single ones don't even want to date.

That's why I gave up. I don't have the energy to try to get someone to think like I do. I thought I had a lot to share with someone.

But I can draw, play music, go places, and enjoy things. All of my friends are married now. But I can have fun by myself. That's the thing I won't spend the energy to convince a man about. I think men do better being alone than women, but we can do it too.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:51 PM

49,842 posts, read 46,924,638 times
got the dear john last night after 13 years.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:51 PM

25,170 posts, read 34,080,293 times
Love for others is really uncommon. So much for following Jesus's instructions to a T.

Aren't 75% of American's Christian.

Old 05-18-2009, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Wait until you are 40 or 50 and then let's hear your thoughts on that.

It is very hard to find someone who is even single over 50. I think the divorce statistics are skewed. Supposedly 50% of all marriages are divorces. If that was true, half of adults would be single, and that's just not the case. I rarely meet anyone single, and I am always the single person. Maybe I am ugly and I don't know it. Maybe people were lying to me all these years!

Old 05-18-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
got the dear john last night after 13 years.

Damn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships