Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 12:30 PM

1,152 posts, read 3,200,927 times

Advertisements

I've seen a few episodes of Sex and the City. My impression is that its amusing at times, but I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to watch it. I have no problem admitting I've seen a few episodes of it though. I've seen a few episodes of the Golden Girls too. I don't see how admitting I've seen some girly shows effects my masculinity in any way though... maybe I'm just more secure than a lot of guys?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2009, 12:34 PM

960 posts, read 1,163,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
as for other "girl" shows. i used to love watching the golden girls! sofia was the funniest. and charlies angels. was 3's comapny a girl show? it had two of them. maybe i do watch more girl shows than normal?
Just because a show has women doesn't make it a womens' show! Charlie's Angels was not for women. They were running in tight shirts, not buying shoes!

Old 03-17-2009, 12:36 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
Chuck is funny

Private Practice is good up until the guy got parasites in his brain .... ugh

Old 03-17-2009, 12:40 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jahutch View Post
I've seen a few episodes of Sex and the City. My impression is that its amusing at times, but I certainly wouldn't go out of my way to watch it. I have no problem admitting I've seen a few episodes of it though. I've seen a few episodes of the Golden Girls too. I don't see how admitting I've seen some girly shows effects my masculinity in any way though... maybe I'm just more secure than a lot of guys?
Well thats what I am getting at. I would rather be with a guy who was secure enough that he can sit down and watch a TV show with me that might otherwise be thought of as girls show. AND not just to make an impression on me.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:45 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
i was bieng silly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiwos View Post
Just because a show has women doesn't make it a womens' show! Charlie's Angels was not for women. They were running in tight shirts, not buying shoes!

Old 03-17-2009, 12:52 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,142,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
It seems like there are so many differences between men and women. Do real man watch the same shows as women do? I for one LOVE Sex and the City, do guys watch that kind of show.

Have any of you guys here watched something that is thought of as a show for the girls?

Are there TV shows that you guys out there watch that you might not admit to watching in the locker room with the guys but NOW behind the safety of your computer you might admit to watching and WHY??

Do you ever watch a program simply for the supposed insite you might get into the female mind or in the case of a show like Sex and the City is it just for the sexual innuendo and the hot bodies??
I loved watching Sex in the City. My wife and I got a big kick out of the show. And I thought Samantha was a hot little minks.

Old 03-17-2009, 02:29 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,437,415 times
I knew an older man (my sister in laws Father) who watched Desperate Housewives faithfully. Even his wife didn't watch but he did. When I was in Texas we talked back and forth alot about it.

Well I'm glad that shows like this don't make some men feel emasculated. That kind of thing annoys me in a man.

Does that mean you guys that are not threatened are just domesticated?? Do you really like these programs, your not just doing it to please your wife.

Old 03-17-2009, 02:52 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,171,028 times
The men in my life don't watch Sex and the City. My man has no love or desire to live in NYC. However I do know some young straight men in their late 20's that do watch the show. They are men that like to dress sharp and they love the urban high life. Their wives and girlfriends love to dress up in designer ware.

Personally, I don't care that much for Sex and the City. Even though I love my high fashion magazines, I can't relate to the women in that show. I wouldn't want to live their lifestyles, I wouldn't date the men they date. I wouldn't even want to date as many men as they dated. Not that I think them sluts, but it was just too many different guys passing through their lives. And I don't understand what was going on with Carrie and Mr. Big.

Shows that I watch with my boyfriend are NCIS, Criminal Minds, House, MD, ER, Mythbusters, the CSI series and Law and Order. But I'm on my own with Ugly Betty and The Celebrity Apprentice.

Old 03-17-2009, 02:59 PM

727 posts, read 1,891,342 times
Nah.....I never have and never will. I used to watch soaps though years ago(Y&R and Passions)but that was becausse my gf watched them!!

Old 03-17-2009, 03:02 PM

1,492 posts, read 3,233,932 times
No

It does nothing for me. My wife does not watch it. If she watched it, then I would watch it occasionally. If it turned her on then I would definately watch it. In a way, I dont like it because it takes a fair bit of effort to get my wife turned on and that show makes me feel cheated because they seem to be on heat the whole time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships