Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 10:21 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,344,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venusian_Artist View Post
A few things come to mind when reading this thread:

4. You can pretty much ignore what most women on City Data say in regards to relationships, if what you're after are hot, young, twenty-somethings. Reason? Most of the women here are middle-aged and quite beyond their expiration date. Based on profile pics, I see very few attractive women here. I wouldn't let anything they say bother you.

well, that's certainly an ignorant remark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 10:32 AM

1,226 posts, read 2,794,860 times
Wow I totally disagree with this guy. There are a number of really attractive women on C-D. I have also found ages to be really varied.

Besides there are some beautiful women here regardless of how they look on the outside!

Old 03-20-2009, 11:43 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,454,646 times
There are MANY beautiful, intelligent and conversant ladies on CD. Sounds like someone feels threatened.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:37 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,878,280 times
I suggest he turn gay upon the snap of my fingers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Don't cry, little Artsy. I'm empathetic and compassionate up the yin-yang. Yes, it's clear that the OP has had some rough experiences, no "maybe" about it. He was set up on blind dates with pregnant women and pining welfare moms. I agree with whomever said that maybe he needs new friends. My point stands that being an angry misogynist is not going to win the hearts of fair maidens.

Old 03-20-2009, 12:38 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,878,280 times
Some posters can be very abrasive though, let's be for real.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
There are MANY beautiful, intelligent and conversant ladies on CD. Sounds like someone feels threatened.

Old 03-21-2009, 12:37 AM

1,629 posts, read 3,474,072 times
Thank you, gentlemen of C-D
(NOT V_A or the OP)

Old 03-21-2009, 12:39 AM

1,629 posts, read 3,474,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
To be honest outside im a much more positive person and dont take my self esteem issues or bitterness towards nto getting women into the public,most women think im quiet but pretty sweet so that isnt my problem
Again, I don't buy that. You can't hide the way you feel.

This sounds like the racist teacher who felt he could hide his attitudes from the diverse students in his class, then complained that the minorities acted up the most. Self-fulfilling prophesies.

Old 03-21-2009, 01:12 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,684,380 times
I'm glad I'm not single

Good thing too... since I am older and beyond my expiration date

And if we are to be ignored...perhaps you should find someplace else to spread your love, V_A. Cause it's doubtful we are going anywhere.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:38 AM

2,638 posts, read 6,009,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearth View Post
Thank you, gentlemen of C-D
(NOT V_A or the OP)
That's another thing. Why is it that when a male is honest and upfront, regardless of whether you agree with what he's saying, that he gets branded as not a gentleman?

A gentleman is someone who is polite, respectful, and carries themselves with a modicum of 'personal professionalism', for lack of a better term. Not to toot my own horn, but I've been and done all of the above. Now you may not like what I've shared, or the additional comments I've made on the topic, but that doesn't make me any less of a gentleman just because you don't like any of it. Just means you're (A) on the defensive, because what was said describes you, or (B) attempting to, as someone mentioned, defend your "fellow women".

Old 03-21-2009, 11:48 AM

22,011 posts, read 19,117,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mearth View Post
Just because your loathsome attitude drives women away, doesn't mean there is something wrong with THEM. YOU are the only common denominator here.

very, very, very well-said

the common denominator in all your problems, crises, upsets, bitterness, and complaints....is you

nothing personal, the same is true for every person on this planet

if you don't like what you see in your life, then start taking some responsibility for it. any time you blame any one, or any thing, or any institution, or any gender, "out there" for your own personal unhappiness, you are not taking responsibility for your own self and your own life. You have victim and drama written all over you and who wants to sign up for that?

it is a very simple equation....what you sow is what you reap. What you put out there, is what you get back. If your life is bitter, it's because your thoughts are bitter.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 03-21-2009 at 11:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships