Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 06:54 AM

1,570 posts, read 2,061,229 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
I'm pretty sure that is what scares guys away from me. When I am attracted to a guy and really like him I get so nervous I clam up and come off as cold. Then of course, I never get a 2nd date.
However, when I am not into a guy, then I am much more at ease, and then of course they fall for me
I feel sorry for the guys who have fallen for you, your highness
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2009, 07:16 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,496,123 times
young girls are way too dating obsessed it's like they have no other interests besides getting into relationship, being in relationship,complaining over a relationship, and getting over a relationship.

If a girl talks to me and if at any point something about dating pops up my brain shuts down and I ignore them.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:21 AM

525 posts, read 946,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
young girls are way too dating obsessed it's like they have no other interests besides getting into relationship, being in relationship,complaining over a relationship, and getting over a relationship.

If a girl talks to me and if at any point something about dating pops up my brain shuts down and I ignore them.
good for you..

Old 03-22-2009, 11:13 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,496,123 times
thanks

Old 03-22-2009, 02:34 PM

2 posts, read 5,503 times
Sness,
I'm new to this forum but I'm going to throw my 2 cents in. Look where you are. Auniversity town. How old are these huys? How old are you? Too young to worry about 3 of the thousands of people your going to meet. You look yooung but I don't get the 9 yr old thing. But everyone sees things differently.
Don't get hung up on these yahoos. When your not looking thats when it will come to you. Good luck

Old 03-22-2009, 04:21 PM

3,852 posts, read 12,842,174 times
You do know there is more than 3 guys out there right?

Just keep playing the field until you find one you like.

Old 03-22-2009, 09:47 PM

1,629 posts, read 3,472,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60-minutes-II View Post
I feel sorry for the guys who have fallen for you, your highness
There's no need to be mean.

Old 03-22-2009, 10:08 PM

4,103 posts, read 7,009,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sness88 View Post
A couple years ago I met 3 different guys. The first guy and I talked a lot on the phone and really got along. After we met in person the first time he kept canceling plans and we never talked to each other again.

The 2nd guy approached me while working (I worked at the university library) and we exchanged numbers. When we talked on the phone he would say how "sweet and cute" I was and how he wanted to go out sometime. Everytime I worked at the library I would tell him I'd say hi to him if he was studying but he would always turn me down. Eventually he seemed to always be busy so we stopped talking.

The 3rd guy I approached (we took a class together). We had the same sense of humor and always laughed. We never got a chance to go out either because he kept canceling the plans.

Why in the world could I not make it past date one or even a first date? Not even a date because the third guy I just wanted to be friends. I assumed I must have scared them off but I don't know how. We always had a good time talking and stuff and then as soon as they talked to me for a little bit in person they disappeared.

What could I be doing wrong to scare men away? If they think I'm so fun and what not then why would they keep canceling plans? Or did I just unfortunately get 3 guys in a row who seemed to never be able to do anything?
Maybe they are picking up a desperate or clingy vibe? Or maybe an anxious one?

Old 03-22-2009, 10:25 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,874,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sness88 View Post
What scares men away?
Here's what scares men away:

1. ANY talk about ANY of your ex boyfriends/husbands EVER.
2. ANY talk about you're "not getting any younger" crap.
3. Finding out you have kid(s).
4. Smelly feet.
5. Bad breath.
6. You talking to your cats like they are people or babies.
7. A constant hacking or wheezing cough.
8. ANY talk of your biological clock.
9. Seeing that your mother is a fat slob, odds are you'll turn out that way too.
10. You being clingy or self conscious.

A few other things as well.

Old 03-23-2009, 01:01 AM

22 posts, read 90,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Here's what scares men away:

6. You talking to your cats like they are people or babies.
YES !!!. I mean i love my dog but c'mon walking around cooing to a thing that looks like an over grown RAT is just damn freaky !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships