U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 08:12 AM

1,220 posts, read 3,147,642 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all the advice. I just need to "get real" as Dr. Phil would say! I probably will not even see him and won't have the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 11:31 AM

12,727 posts, read 9,784,409 times
Well Artsy, moving on is not as hard as it seems. Just like horses, there are to many GOOD men out there to waste your time with a bad one that might kill you if you keep trying to make the ride. My wife was in a bad relationship before we got together. The guy was a real peach. She kept trying for 8 long years. I still don't understand the reasons why but it seems to be a common thing. She did have two kids with him (whom I adopted and raised as my own after a breif battle with the idiot). It was a long road getting her past all the felgercarb he put her through.(the kids to) Don't let this clown ruin your life. And try and dump the baggage he left you. Find a REAL man and live your life. It's not a hopeless search, really.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:36 PM

1,220 posts, read 3,147,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Well Artsy, moving on is not as hard as it seems. Just like horses, there are to many GOOD men out there to waste your time with a bad one that might kill you if you keep trying to make the ride. My wife was in a bad relationship before we got together. The guy was a real peach. She kept trying for 8 long years. I still don't understand the reasons why but it seems to be a common thing. She did have two kids with him (whom I adopted and raised as my own after a breif battle with the idiot). It was a long road getting her past all the felgercarb he put her through.(the kids to) Don't let this clown ruin your life. And try and dump the baggage he left you. Find a REAL man and live your life. It's not a hopeless search, really.
Thank you. It is nice to know there are still good men out there! From what I have experienced and read about DV, it is very complex and the reason you go back again and again is because you are already emotionally attached and care for the person. These people do not come right out at first. Then you want to believe they will change and also there is a lot of fear about leaving. It takes a lot of planning and courage. I went back and forth ten or so times. It is called a cycle of abuse and it is what it is. Alot of people do not understand all the dynamics in these relationships. It does not matter how smart you are once you are in an abusive relationship. It is easy for people to say just leave, but what looks like common sense is not so easy. It is complex. I am glad your wife got away and there is hope.

Last edited by Artsywoman; 03-20-2009 at 07:37 PM.. Reason: additions
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships