U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2009, 11:39 AM

3,837 posts, read 3,506,988 times
My husband would not be okay with something like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 11:45 AM

1,776 posts, read 2,529,342 times
Nah- Any respectable man would rather work 2 gigs than have his woman shake her goodies for all his friends.

Old 03-23-2009, 01:32 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,824,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
i would work 80 hours a week before my wife would ever become a stripper. i'm not going to lie, i've dated one before but that was a long time ago. most strippers do "extras" and most do drugs. Plus, most are really messed up in the head because daddy didn't love them. i couldn't think of a worse environment for a wife to be in.
For sure. Can you imagine sitting at work. She works the day shift. So at your lunch time your thinking ouh yeah my honey is shaking her tail feather to pay for my lunch....

Old 03-23-2009, 01:36 PM

8,002 posts, read 13,052,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneheaded View Post
So I am listening to a local talk show, and the story is..

Couple married 7 years, both earning 70-80 a year, combined 140-160k. Not rich but doing good. Two cars, nice house, 2 kids in private school; wife gets laid off. She went to work as a stripper.

Could you handle this career choice?

Could you be married to a stripper?

To the fellas: You know how far the lap dances really go. Could you handle knowing this is happening everyday?
This is why people should live within their means. Buy a home and luxuries that you can afford based on one person's income. http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/d... (broken link)

Old 03-23-2009, 01:38 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,760,450 times
people need to stop living above their means

to answer your question- Hell no!

Old 03-23-2009, 03:11 PM

410 posts, read 734,020 times
Quote:

Couple married 7 years, both earning 70-80 a year, combined 140-160k. Not rich but doing good. Two cars, nice house, 2 kids in private school; wife gets laid off. She went to work as a stripper.

To the fellas: You know how far the lap dances really go. Could you handle knowing this is happening everyday?
Okay I want to know what the heck she is doing that I'm not! Having a "stripper body" after 2 kids & 7 yrs of marriage? Awesome!

I could never actually strip myself, b/c I am setting an example for my kids and it's not something I would want them to do. But I'd love to have a hot enough body to do it

Old 03-23-2009, 03:23 PM

1,226 posts, read 1,824,821 times
The story went on that she is averaging 8k a month dancing the lunch shift..... Hmmm me thinks something is a foot. She must be an amazingly hot woman.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:29 PM
Status: "Desperately searching for the grading fairy...." (set 11 days ago)

21,942 posts, read 16,298,004 times
Hmmm? Given I'd have to have the body of a stripper to be a stripper, I think my husband could handle it

You can make good money at it too. My mother in law has a neighhor who was a stripper for 10-12 years and then, literally, retired. She was able to save more money than most people made every year she worked as a stripper.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:32 PM

899 posts, read 637,575 times
My ego couldn't handle it. I'd feel like less of a man and I'd resent her for not being able to come up with something else to do. But that's just me.

Old 03-23-2009, 03:36 PM

44,413 posts, read 55,024,137 times
Quote:

Just a woman's point of view...it is not natural for a man to want HIS woman to be in that position. Any man who does, doesn't have his woman's best interest at heart and is to be avoided at all costs - because he really doesn't love her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships