Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2015, 07:47 PM

1 posts, read 1,088 times

Advertisements

My ex-boyfriend and I were quite serious, even thinking about our future with each other. We were together for about 7 months until we ended it. It led to me not trusting him because he was still in contact with his ex-gf as well going on dates with other girls. The problem is I thought during those times we were exclusive but I guess for him it never was. He made me think I was by saying he was falling for me, how I was the first to make him feel this way about a girl, how he saw me as his wife, etc.

About a month ago, I wrote him an email telling him how I was so hurt by him when he has no idea, about how he shouldn't have led me on thinking that I was the only one while going on dates with others etc. He replied to the email saying he wanted to respond in person, but I ended up not meeting up because I felt like I said what I need to say in the email and it was just painful. He never responded afterwards. One thing I know is that he went on dates with younger girls after I sent that email.

Then a few days ago, which was a month after I had emailed him, he replies back in a long email saying how he was sorry that he had hurt me and how he learned a lot from our experience.

If he truly felt bad and sorry, why did he wait ONE MONTH to reply? when he was going on dates with younger girls. Is it because I wasn't contacting him when I usually do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 07:55 PM

61,428 posts, read 86,506,480 times
Got bored with younger girls, and decided that you are the best?

Old 06-27-2015, 07:57 PM

3,218 posts, read 2,796,681 times
He waited a month because his dates kept him occupied, he's going through a lull now so he responded to your email. He's full of poop, don't respond to him.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:14 PM

44,256 posts, read 64,216,996 times
Booty call.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:19 PM

16,961 posts, read 17,288,409 times
Did you have a talk about being exclusive, or did you assume the title of gf/bf? It seems the latter.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:35 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,682,605 times
Same reason my ex wife emailed me last week and my ex mother in law sent me a friends request yesterday.

No idea why. But my answer remains the same with both. No effing way.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:43 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,766,074 times
Simple the other chick or dude didn't work out.

Dude I was dating in May contacted me tonight.

*shruggs* Men are weird.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:47 PM

227 posts, read 194,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Same reason my ex wife emailed me last week and my ex mother in law sent me a friends request yesterday.

No idea why. But my answer remains the same with both. No effing way.
Awwww, why you gotta be so mean? Maybe they want to make up for lost time, lol!

But yes, OP, everyone here is right. Just ignore it and move on because you're more than likely his back up. He didn't respect you during your relationship and he isn't going to respect you now.

Last edited by weeblywobbly; 06-27-2015 at 08:48 PM.. Reason: Answered OP

Old 06-27-2015, 09:04 PM

1,178 posts, read 1,356,403 times
OP, you said: "We were together for about 7 months until we ended it. It led to me not trusting him because he was still in contact with his ex-gf as well going on dates with other girls. The problem is I thought during those times we were exclusive but I guess for him it never was. He made me think I was by saying he was falling for me, how I was the first to make him feel this way about a girl, how he saw me as his wife, etc."

I am confused......If he was dating other girls after the both of you ended it, he did nothing wrong. It doesn't matter if he was still in contact with his ex-gf's. That was his choice as the two of you were no longer in a relationship with one another. You were free to date who you wanted to as well.

It doesn't mean that he was not trustworthy and was not sincere when he told you how much he cared about you.

If on the other hand, he was dating other women while he was in a serious relationship with you, then you absolutely have reason not to trust him. That is why you should count your blessings and be grateful that you found out about his cheating before you married him because he would not have been any more faithful to you once married and his "I do" would eventually mean "Adieu".

Old 06-27-2015, 09:23 PM

2,048 posts, read 2,145,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Did you have a talk about being exclusive, or did you assume the title of gf/bf? It seems the latter.
After 7 months? One can't have a reasonable expectation of exclusivity, whether or not a talk has been held, after 7 months?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships