Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 10:44 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,432 times

Advertisements

You won't see an American Chinese family with traditional values driving around in a black Escalade with chrome spinner hubcaps or in a Hummer.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:47 AM

1,226 posts, read 2,797,879 times
MIU Hun you really are wrong in your views of "MOST MEN" What you describe is a shallow man. I guess if you consider us all shallow then your right. Anyway if there is nothing inside a beautiful head, there is no point.

The original question is kind of "loaded" so to speak. With attraction being subjective and the woman's desire to accept a suitor or not; how can one begin to really say any sub category is ignored. There are individuals that may be trying to "catch" a certain type of guy; who is really not interested in her.

Everyone has some one out there that wants them. Likewise for every bimbo you find there is someone tired of sleeping with her. Keep living Opera enjoy life. Have fun. Be safe. If you open your dating possibilities, you will find someone.

Old 03-31-2009, 11:10 AM

2,702 posts, read 6,028,976 times
Hi everyone, not to get off topic but I really don't want this thread to end up being closed, so would y'all mind sending personal messages as PMs?

Old 03-31-2009, 11:13 AM

1,781 posts, read 2,681,432 times
Exclamation Okay...Waaaaiiiitaminnit

I had to come out of my 'cave' on this one...Miu, my reply to you got cut off because I hit reply before I was ready LOL...I took umbrage to the portion of your post which spoke on 'typical Chinese-American families not driving Escalades and Hummers with spinning chrome wheels'...

FYI, a lot of typical black families don't do that either...it seems to me (your class and intelligence aside for a moment) that you're painting a whole people with a broad negative brush, and perpetuating the spreading of ugly, unfounded stereotypes...

I'm not trying to A) hijack the thread, or B) say that I'm 'mad' at you, but if I see you (or anyone else here LOL) posting something that I perceive as being utterly dead-bang wrong, I'm gonna call you on it...trust me on that

Old 03-31-2009, 11:47 AM

378 posts, read 626,305 times
I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings, but I think it's because black women look too different from white women and other women. Even the black women on TV, who are called beautiful, have very white features, they're not full black at all.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:01 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by captaincatfish View Post
I had to come out of my 'cave' on this one...Miu, my reply to you got cut off because I hit reply before I was ready LOL...I took umbrage to the portion of your post which spoke on 'typical Chinese-American families not driving Escalades and Hummers with spinning chrome wheels'...

FYI, a lot of typical black families don't do that either...it seems to me (your class and intelligence aside for a moment) that you're painting a whole people with a broad negative brush, and perpetuating the spreading of ugly, unfounded stereotypes...

I'm not trying to A) hijack the thread, or B) say that I'm 'mad' at you, but if I see you (or anyone else here LOL) posting something that I perceive as being utterly dead-bang wrong, I'm gonna call you on it...trust me on that
Are you black? Regardless, I truly believe that each of us, no matter what are race is is entitled to speak of their own first hand observations. Not even a black person can consider themselves expert on their race.

From my own personal observations, and I consider myself very well traveled in the US (I don't fly into the different cities, but I am driving to them and around the area), there are more blacks that have blingy taste like owning Escalades and Hummers with custom wheels than Asians. From black athletes and rap musicians all the way down to the poorer blacks and urban blacks trying to impress those around them. Their role models are the successful black athletes and musicians, and they want to emulate them by leasing these expensive monstrosities. Then there is a segment of non-black young people that like to be edgy and hip, so they imitate the urban blacks with their hip hop culture.

The number of classy blacks is far fewer than the other kind. At least from what my own eyes have seen. And the hard facts and statistics does support my opinions. Consider the high percentage of black males incarcerated in prisons. And far more in prison than in college. Consider the high percentage of single black women with babies from different men. Consider the high obesity rates among the black population.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:06 PM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneheaded View Post
MIU Hun you really are wrong in your views of "MOST MEN" What you describe is a shallow man. I guess if you consider us all shallow then your right. Anyway if there is nothing inside a beautiful head, there is no point
Hey... scientific studies do show that men are more visually stimulated than women. Then read all the threads in here and the male comments about what they look for in a female companion and how they would never date a woman that was overweight or not a hottie. Or the recent threads asking other men how to turn down offered sexual favours from another woman when they are in a committed relationship. I believe even you have admitted that all men are horndogs.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:09 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,797,879 times
Oh for sure we are visual. But being visual does not mean I want a woman that can not speak or communicate. I would not be happy with a woman who could not discuss current events or politics. Beauty may catch the eye, intelligence, caring, maternal instincts, and compassion, just to name a few, are what catch the mind. IMHO

Old 03-31-2009, 12:13 PM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
see, it's all those things that you listed that make asians more intelligent.
But all the things I listed are due to the traditional Asian/Chinese cultural values. Raise a black person the same way and they will excel just like an Asian imo. And send an Asian baby to be raised by a urban ghetto black family and that child will fail just like any urban ghetto black kid.

My mom divorced my dad over his wanting to raise up in NYC and send us to the public schools there. While we lived in NYC with my stepdad, we went to a private school. Later on, we moved to a suburb of Boston where the public schools had a great reputation. All my close friends were planning to go to the top colleges. Geeky students weren't made fun of. I will say that we had a METCO program that bussed in a few black students from the poorer sections of Boston. They were scary kids and they weren't motivated to study. One black kid wasn't scary and he made it to our 31st high school renunion. He told the rest of us not to even think about those other METCO students, that they were just bad trash people.

Old 03-31-2009, 12:17 PM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneheaded View Post
Oh for sure we are visual. But being visual does not mean I want a woman that can not speak or communicate. I would not be happy with a woman who could not discuss current events or politics. Beauty may catch the eye, intelligence, caring, maternal instincts, and compassion, just to name a few, are what catch the mind. IMHO
It's not worth derailing this thread further, and I don't feel like taking the time to go back and quote all the posts by males that support my opinion. I do recall Sunil's Dad saying that if other men aren't looking at your woman admiringly, then something is terribly wrong. I do feel that many men are overly interested in only having a woman that is a trophy on the outside, as if that increases their status amongst other males. It's a very immature attitude, and common among teens and young men. Some men grow beyond these shallow standards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships