U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 11:11 AM

25,076 posts, read 26,865,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
^ The portrayal is so one-sided...it's always the dirty, rotten, cheating HUSBAND or male partner in the relationship. I'm kind of sick of all this male-bashing.
Are you referring to my post? You're kidding, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 11:38 AM

7,888 posts, read 4,935,855 times
CPG, I liked your story, and I think life often works that way -- we're social animals. If a group of friends I hung out with starting robbing banks, I'd think they were crazy at first, but you know .. hey, I might cover for them here and there. Stick it to the man, right? What have the bankers ever done for us anyway? And then, after a couple of heists went off well, and a couple more buddies joined .. I might think... wow, free money? Really? And they make it look so cool ... and down the rabbit hole we all go, until ... oops, everyone goes down in the end -- looking at 10 to 20.

I'm with Pam on this one ... there is no subsitute for a life well lived. I want to hold my head high and proud when its gray. What would suit me better? Memories of stolen moments with loose women? Or the memories of my children graduating from good schools, going on to have good careers and raising their own fine brood? Perhaps some can have both, but I think it's much harder than many short-sighted hedonists assume. If you're investing your time and energy into affairs, you're not investing it in other places. Play on players .. it's your life -- do what you will with it, but remember there is something to the whole delayed gratification thing.

Old 04-01-2009, 11:40 AM

49,725 posts, read 46,804,402 times
at all ages and much more frequently than you think.
female cheating is 25% in marriage.
50% of evil comes with male hardware the rest is pretty much dismissed.

Old 04-01-2009, 03:22 PM

9,713 posts, read 12,279,030 times
Quote:
^ The portrayal is so one-sided...it's always the dirty, rotten, cheating HUSBAND or male partner in the relationship. I'm kind of sick of all this male-bashing.
Yes women like to tar and feather men with that stereotype, yet the men are having sex with someone.

There are just as many skanky women out there as men.

Interestingly of the direct sexual propositions I have got from women I am not in a relationship with, most have been from married women. Mostly I think what it comes down to is that old childish thing of getting away with being naughty. Not to mention self esteem issues and a basic lack of morality.

Old 04-01-2009, 03:30 PM

25,076 posts, read 26,865,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
Yes women like to tar and feather men with that stereotype, yet the men are having sex with someone.

There are just as many skanky women out there as men.

Interestingly of the direct sexual propositions I have got from women I am not in a relationship with, most have been from married women. Mostly I think what it comes down to is that old childish thing of getting away with being naughty. Not to mention self esteem issues and a basic lack of morality.
Yep. Here's the double standard that you see often argued:

If a man cheats, it's because he's a selfish pig who is a slave to his own pecker. He is a pathetic betrayer of his family and scum of the earth.

If a woman cheats, it's because her husband didn't give her the love, support, time and appreciation she needed. She is sad but, in many ways, understandable.

Old 04-01-2009, 04:14 PM

10,136 posts, read 13,157,264 times
Quote:
Apparently women's sex drive peaks at just this time, well after their husbands have peaked in their late teens and 20s. And the fact that many men marry younger women means there is a discrepancy.

I think the tradition of the man being older does not make biological sense...They die earlier, their sex drive peaks earlier...

Anyway, one reason is some men in their 40s are less keen on sex, and also the woman might be bored of their husband or be unsatisfied by him. Relationship issues will also come into the picture...
At 42 I must be a oddity then because it is still on my mind and spirit as much as it was 20 years ago.

Old 04-01-2009, 05:21 PM

18,074 posts, read 17,307,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneheaded View Post
Yes. At this age women are peaking sexually.

Pardon me...but that actually happens much later!!!!

(Right around my age.)

Old 04-01-2009, 08:48 PM

24,693 posts, read 18,980,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Are you referring to my post? You're kidding, right?
No not your post, just what is portrayed in the media, magazines etc, especially by among the feminist camp .

Old 04-01-2009, 08:50 PM

24,693 posts, read 18,980,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
At 42 I must be a oddity then because it is still on my mind and spirit as much as it was 20 years ago.
I meant some...some men seem to keep on going until they shoot through...sometimes while they're shooting through! I won't be surprised if we hear that's the way Hugh Hefner goes .

Old 04-01-2009, 08:53 PM

25,170 posts, read 34,023,469 times
I'm not sure but it is usually when women get sick of their annoying uninvolved selfish husbands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships