Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 08:50 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,043,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
Wanna play, artsyguy?
Whoa, it looks like she used to have breasts...about 100,000 pec repetitions ago .

Old 04-01-2009, 08:52 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,003,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Whoa, it looks like she used to have breasts...about 100,000 pec repetitions ago .
That's a she?

Old 04-01-2009, 08:54 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,007,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
That is just the average, there have been studies done on it. It's kind of an accepted scientific phenomenon, apparently it's designed to prompt a last ditch effort to conceive before menopause.
On the flip side, women who have gone through menopause no longer have to worry about becoming pregnant and that can be sexually liberating.

Old 04-01-2009, 08:57 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,043,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
On the flip side, women who have gone through menopause no longer have to worry about becoming pregnant and that can be sexually liberating.
True, proves sex drive isn't totally linked to reproduction. But it does drop quite fast after menopause for a lot of women.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:02 PM

37,604 posts, read 45,978,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shania View Post
Okay, I have had a strong sex drive since I was eleven (not saying I acted on it)and it hasn't ebbed since then, so I don't get this whole "peaking" thing. Do some people just never change? Or am I still "peaking" over the last 35 years and haven't yet hit my "peak"? That's why I can't see sex drive as the cause of an affair for women. I think it's more an emotional need, which is sad.
Thank you!! That whole thing is total BS. I've had a very strong sex drive since I was in my twenties...and it's only gotten stronger the older I get.
Guys....don't talk about what you don't know about!

Old 04-01-2009, 09:16 PM

728 posts, read 1,676,402 times
Coincidental or not, I've noticed this trend too. Could be a culmination of things. Couples grow apart, maybe because of careers,education, family stress. Women *do* seem to hit another peak around their late 30's. Not to be outdone, there's an equal share of men hitting the road around that age as well.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:23 PM

670 posts, read 2,114,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
Thank you!! That whole thing is total BS. I've had a very strong sex drive since I was in my twenties...and it's only gotten stronger the older I get.
Guys....don't talk about what you don't know about!

WELL SAID!!!!

Old 04-01-2009, 09:49 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,673,901 times
Quote:
Well, if you believe any of the studies about why people cheat, they all say basically the same thing (I don't know why they keep doing them, for that very reason). Women always seem to say that they felt shut out, neglected, abandoned, lonely. Men have their own reasons, all of which seem to support what other men say which says loud and clear, men and women do think differently.

It's funny, men and women both say communication is essential, yet, when one or the other tells the truth, they get put on the defensive for it. I think that would be a more interesting study than Why do people cheat?
What is interesting to me is people are always rationalizing and blaming other people for their own actions. "Oh I was forced to have an affair because I was neglected". Yeah right. People need to own up to what they do and not blame others. Usually going out and having an affair to force someone to give you attention does quite the opposite.

Old 04-01-2009, 09:59 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,003,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
What is interesting to me is people are always rationalizing and blaming other people for their own actions. "Oh I was forced to have an affair because I was neglected". Yeah right. People need to own up to what they do and not blame others. Usually going out and having an affair to force someone to give you attention does quite the opposite.
True but that doesn't change the fact that that's what they attribute them to.

Being a Christian, I also believe that the bible warns us against doing certain things b'c it leads others astray. If it weren't possible, God wouldn't warn us against doing it. Whether or not one believes in God isn't the issue, just that it could be written and warned against is something. For instance, it warns fathers not to provoke their children to wrath. What are fathers often real good at? Just that.

Old 04-01-2009, 10:11 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times
That is true, not to mention, people in general are very good at provoking people to wrath.

Quote:
True but that doesn't change the fact that that's what they attribute them to.

Being a Christian, I also believe that the bible warns us against doing certain things b'c it leads others astray. If it weren't possible, God wouldn't warn us against doing it. Whether or not one believes in God isn't the issue, just that it could be written and warned against is something. For instance, it warns fathers not to provoke their children to wrath. What are fathers often real good at? Just that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships