Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is the ideal weight for a woman?
95 - 115 pounds 4 10.00%
115 - 130 pounds 23 57.50%
130 - 140 pounds 5 12.50%
140 - 150 pounds 4 10.00%
150 pounds or more 4 10.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 07:20 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times

Advertisements

My breast size doesn't fluctuate with my weight, either. Everyone carries excess fat in different places. Mine mostly collects at my hips and thighs. My butt when I was younger, but now, not so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 07:48 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,141,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I've never lost weight in my breasts. Ever. It wasn't from lack of trying though! The problem was every time I put weight back on, it immediately went to my breasts and they ended up getting bigger.
If you were to continue to lose fat, eventually you'd lose more size. Losing fat doesn't mean losing weight. If you gained more muscle, you could stay the same weight & lose fat, which would decrease your breast size without dropping to an unhealthy weight. When most people lose weight, they lose some muscle too though, unless they are following some strict regimen.

If you are thin and have a low weight and have really large boobs, then your body fat percent is probably still on the high side. Women like that are just lucky in the sense that their body stores the fat in an "ideal" place. It doesn't make them healthier though. At a certain point, you also just have to accept how your body stores fat. It's a bummer we cannot pick & choose!

Anyway, bottom line is, boobs are mainly fat.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:10 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
If you were to continue to lose fat, eventually you'd lose more size. Losing fat doesn't mean losing weight. If you gained more muscle, you could stay the same weight & lose fat, which would decrease your breast size without dropping to an unhealthy weight. When most people lose weight, they lose some muscle too though, unless they are following some strict regimen.

If you are thin and have a low weight and have really large boobs, then your body fat percent is probably still on the high side. Women like that are just lucky in the sense that their body stores the fat in an "ideal" place. It doesn't make them healthier though. At a certain point, you also just have to accept how your body stores fat. It's a bummer we cannot pick & choose!

I already had a very low BMI (weight training and running twice day). It was just the way I was built. No denying boobs are fat, but I don't think they always correlate to BMI.

Old 04-04-2009, 12:00 AM

3,467 posts, read 8,141,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheImportersWife View Post
I already had a very low BMI (weight training and running twice day). It was just the way I was built. No denying boobs are fat, but I don't think they always correlate to BMI.
Well BMI has little to do with body fat percent, but that's another topic.

Old 04-04-2009, 07:28 AM

37,591 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:

Isn't THAT the truth! And good post in general.

Quote:
Man you are on a roll! Tried to rep ya, but I gotta spread it around!

Old 05-02-2009, 10:45 AM

10 posts, read 166,808 times
Quote:
If you ask me, BMI is redundant. It doesn't accurately reflect your ideal weight vs height ratio. Seriously, I think the poll should be asking what's the ideal weight of a woman of a specific height because your weight obviously depends heavily on your height.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:22 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,999,259 times
Haven't read all responses but you can't know someone's ideal weight without knowing their height and frame size. Plus, it depends on how much muscle mass they have because muscle weighs more than fat.

Old 05-03-2009, 02:01 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,353,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Noticed a lot of "Ideal Height" threads here but no one seems to be interested in a more important factor when it comes to health and one that the person can change themselves - "Weight".

Sure there are physicians and other health professionals who've created charts and studies on ideal health and weight, but I wanted to get everyone's input from a purely relationship/attractiveness viewpoint. Everyone seems to have an opinion on height (based on the answers in the other thread) so you must surely have an opinion on this as well.

What is your ideal weight for a woman?
it has a lot to do with both height & bone structure... those old "ideal weight" charts rarely take the latter into consideration

Old 05-03-2009, 02:04 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,733,397 times
I can't answer the poll because everyone's body type/ideal weight is different according to height, and big bone-ness...some people are just meant to weigh more, no matter how much weight they lose kwim?
I know my ideal weight isn't a number. I work out and like being tone so I don't care what the scale says as much as how I feel. Although I would like to drop 10 lbs lol (doesn't everyone?!)

Old 05-03-2009, 02:04 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,855,208 times
I think that when a woman reaches 200 lbs or more it become very unattractive and harm full to their health. Men also see a woman which is very over weight as being unhappy, depressed and not very health conscience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships