Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2009, 08:26 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,902,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, sure... it's all part of the "globalization" - equally poor and equally repressed.
Ah yes! Globalization! Now there's an ugly word!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueprnova View Post
Maybe I should go live in a cave!!!
Well I'm not sure that would save you. You're bound to end up being subject to a hoard of protesters at some point that are worried about the impact you living in the cave is having on some rare underground fungus, or perhaps another group of well meaning sods that are worried your health would be severely affected by some rare underground beatle and the ramifications on the rest of the planet should you succumb.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2009, 08:28 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonshadow View Post
Ah yes! Globalization! Now there's an ugly word!

Well I'm not sure that would save you. You're bound to end up being subject to a hoard of protesters at some point that are worried about the impact you living in the cave is having on some rare underground fungus, or perhaps another group of well meaning sods that are worried your health would be severely affected by some rare underground beatle and the ramifications on the rest of the planet should you succumb.
All you smokers really give me a good chuckle. You try SO HARD to defend your weak-minded addiction, but it all falls flat.

No matter how you spin it, you were all very foolish to take up smoking, and now that you're addicted (duh), your only recourse is to vainly defend it with ridiculous arguments and pathetic sarcasm (such as the above), and to feverishly reject logical discussion by disparaging those who are brave enough to call you out.

Good try though.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:28 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,688,020 times
who's defending...it is what it is...
you're brave? to come to anonymous forum? And call who out? LOL! ok

Old 04-04-2009, 08:29 PM

87 posts, read 310,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
No, but it takes away from your's.
Psh. Dribble. Non-smokers push their "rights" on smokers while there are more pollutants in the air, chemicals in the ground, and waterborne infections that seriously affect or kill up to 40% of the world's population than smoke from a cigarette, cigar or pipe.

With the amount of toxins in the air, land, and water, you have as much chances of dying from lung cancer from second hand smoke as you do from ingesting airborne toxins. Ground ozone causes asthma attacks, coughing and wheezing, shortness of breath, chest pain when inhaling deeply, and even premature death. Particle pollution triggers heart attacks, strokes, irregular heartbeats, and causes lung cancer and premature births. This is not just from cigarette smoke.

Meanwhile, all the non-smokers are hooked on the fact that they "might" get cancer from inhaling someone's cigarette smoke.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sueprnova View Post
who's defending...it is what it is...
you're brave? to come to anonymous forum? And call who out? LOL! ok
Yep, I'm brave because of that, and I'm also brave because I face life without drugs. Can you say the same?

Old 04-04-2009, 08:30 PM

Well I'm not sure that would save you. You're bound to end up being subject to a hoard of protesters at some point that are worried about the impact you living in the cave is having on some rare underground fungus, or perhaps another group of well meaning sods that are worried your health would be severely affected by some rare underground beatle and the ramifications on the rest of the planet should you succumb. [/quote]

Oh gawd that is so true...!!!

Old 04-04-2009, 08:31 PM

620 posts, read 1,772,300 times
Quote:
All you smokers really give me a good chuckle. You try SO HARD to defend your weak-minded little addictions, but it all falls flat.
All of us? Really? I've never felt the need to defend myself to anyone here about anything that I choose to do. Do you care what my opinion is of you? Would you lose sleep over it? No? Well, I feel the same way.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaisleyChic View Post
Psh. Dribble. Non-smokers push their "rights" on smokers while there are more pollutants in the air, chemicals in the ground, and waterborne infections that seriously affect or kill up to 40% of the world's population than smoke from a cigarette, cigar or pipe.

With the amount of toxins in the air, land, and water, you have as much chances of dying from lung cancer from second hand smoke as you do from ingesting airborne toxins. Ground ozone causes asthma attacks, coughing and wheezing, shortness of breath, chest pain when inhaling deeply, and even premature death. Particle pollution triggers heart attacks, strokes, irregular heartbeats, and causes lung cancer and premature births. This is not just from cigarette smoke.
Oh, well...then I guess that makes smoking okay then. What hogwash.

This is getting tedious. I'm going to go give my hubby and big kiss and take a hot bubble bath (maybe with him).

Night all. It was (well, interesting).

Old 04-04-2009, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Yep, I'm brave because of that, and I'm also brave because I face life without drugs. Can you say the same?
Aside from the caffeine, nicotine and alcohol, you betchya!

Old 04-04-2009, 08:33 PM

87 posts, read 310,402 times
Quote:
No, but it takes away from your's.
Quote:
Would you please? That's one less smoker to deal with.

All you smokers really give me a good chuckle. You try SO HARD to defend your weak-minded addiction, but it all falls flat.

No matter how you spin it, you were all very foolish to take up smoking, and now that you're addicted (duh), your only recourse is to vainly defend it with ridiculous arguments, and to feverishly reject logical discussion by disparaging those who are brave enough to call you out.

Good try though.
Good God if that doesn't sound like an old mother hen. "Don't do that, Billy. You might get hurt."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships