Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 02:37 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post

Do you still exist ladies?

I'm a domesticated male but I'd like to have a lady that can actually do domestic work as well.
Do you want them to work outside the home as well? Because that's a full time job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 02:38 PM

1,532 posts, read 2,648,109 times
I do all that, plus work a 40 hour week away from the home! Ok, well, I rarely iron. The dryer takes care of that! I am a hyper kind of person, though. I am up at 4:30am, get the kids off to school, go to work, get my dd to gymnastics 12 hours a week, and son to guitar, cook meals, do laundry, whatever! My FIL would come stay with us and say "Does she ever stop?" Maybe I am afraid that if I stop, I may not get back up!?!

I probably do more than I should, but I know my husband doesn't do well if he feels like his plate is too full, and I have no problem with that, so I just do it! He doesn't just sit on his butt, either though, and he gets the idea when I am overworked (which is good, because I usually don't!) and will suggest we go out to eat, or whatever - which is great!

So, I don't know exactly how far you are going by saying "domesticated", but I think there are alot of them out there, because it takes a certain amount of that to keep it together and keep your family happy and healthy! I guess they are already married!

Times have changed from "the old days", though, so don't expect too much!

Old 04-03-2009, 02:38 PM

2,689 posts, read 6,934,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
Domesticated ladies???? Is that like a domesticated animal?
I guess it is...

If you're of the mindset of calling women who enjoy being stay-at-home wife/mother are animals.

Not the first defintion I'd choose, but to each their own.

I prefer to think of them as women who decided not to work outside the home and are happy with that decision... even though others try and make them feel less significant.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:42 PM

4,181 posts, read 5,061,593 times
what's ironic is that prior to living with a man, most women did their dishes, did their laundry, etc.

but once she moves in with a man, now all that has to be shared (at best) or done wholly by the man (at worst), or by a maid...?

Old 04-03-2009, 02:49 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
what's ironic is that prior to living with a man, most women did their dishes, did their laundry, etc.

but once she moves in with a man, now all that has to be shared (at best) or done wholly by the man (at worst), or by a maid...?
On the other hand, who did the man's laundry prior to her arrival? Who cleaned up his dishes? Did he clean up after himself, or was that Mom's job?

Old 04-03-2009, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post

Well, now hold on... prior to living with a man she lived single, meaning, more than likely she was alone. Cooking and cleaning for 1 is different than doing it for 2, especially when the other person has a different perspective of what cleanliness is... and then when the kids start coming...

Old 04-03-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
On the other hand, who did the man's laundry prior to her arrival? Who cleaned up his dishes? Did he clean up after himself, or was that Mom's job?

LOL... know what I love... I love hearing women who, when dating a man, go to his place and find out he's a slob.. then they get married and she complains about his sloppiness. Really? What did you expect? LOL

Gawd... I'm SO glad I'm married to a fanatically clean person like myself! Seriously!

Old 04-03-2009, 02:54 PM

1,116 posts, read 2,963,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
I am an excellent cook and baker, but I don't iron. I don't even own one.
Me either. I just hang up wrinkled clothes in the bathroom while one of us is showering. Works like a charm.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:57 PM

1,116 posts, read 2,963,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
LOL... know what I love... I love hearing women who, when dating a man, go to his place and find out he's a slob.. then they get married and she complains about his sloppiness. Really? What did you expect? LOL
I trained mine. It can be done. It works best if you're a good cook, and threaten him with frozen dinners and drive thru take out. Never saw a house get so clean, so fast.

Old 04-03-2009, 02:58 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,004,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by canibeyou View Post
I sure wouldn't expect him to expect me to clean up after him. I don't mind doing things for someone as long as they don't think it's my duty. Once that mindset takes over, they're on their own. Do it yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships