Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 10:17 AM

1,215 posts, read 2,582,359 times

Advertisements

Husband and wife, or boyfriend and girlfriend. What do you fight about, if you do. Some of you are lucky and are happy enough not too fight too much.

Between my wife and I, neither of us like to fight. So instead of hashing it out, it doesn't even get talked about. That's not good either. Better to fight and get it out than let it build up. When we do, it is usually about her family.

Anyway, what brings on your arguments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 10:30 AM

36,493 posts, read 30,827,524 times
DFOR
My stbx and I were like you and your wife. I believe that lack of communication even if it is lack of arguement is the core reason for our divorce.

My bf and I mostly argue when he tries to tell me what to do and when he keeps me awake, alarm going off when we dont have to get up, snoring, talking in his sleep, etc.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:35 AM

1,776 posts, read 4,003,096 times
We've probably had 2 arguments. One was about her notion of 'knowing what guys need' and her lack of action, and it really bothered me. The other was her being in a needy mood and me not being in the mood for it. Both of those had some pretty loud moments, and in one, I hung up on her (she HATES that, I have learned).

The rest are just us expressing how we feel about things, even if it's very animated and loud. These come up from time to time. Most of the time it's me feelings some way, never discussing it until it gets to a point I can't deal with it anymore. I don't consider those arguments because it's not from an angry state.

What I love about my girl is that she isn't argumentive- so she just doesn't like to pick just for the sake of getting a rise out of me. I'm learning to pick my battles- some things I just have to leave alone.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:40 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,328,631 times
The wife says I take up all of the bed space and that's a lie. She says I snore but I've never heard myself snore. These are just minute things we argue about.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:50 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,628,093 times
We used to argue a lot when we were younger but I don't even remember what about. Something stupid I'm sure. Now we rarely argue, I don't even know when the last time was. Most things can be resolved if you speak respectfully and calmly and work at seeing the other person's viewpoint. I have also got along much better with my husband after I realized that he actually could not read my mind (body language) the way other women can - I have to talk to him.

It seems so simple in retrospect.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:59 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
We are fighting at lot about hubby's stupid dad. He is on old drunk, go from crisis to crisis. IMO, it is just for attention. He was just in the hospital with the DT's. I don't answer the phone when he calls.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:03 AM

1,226 posts, read 2,797,342 times
It seems I am arguing most about not wanting to argue. Every little decision with the STBX turns into an arguement even while I am saying "Really we can just talk about this."

Old 04-03-2009, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneheaded View Post
It seems I am arguing most about not wanting to argue. Every little decision with the STBX turns into an arguement even while I am saying "Really we can just talk about this."

STBX= Stink Box?

Old 04-03-2009, 11:07 AM

Ohhhhhhhhh

Soon to Be Ex.....Gotcha!

Old 04-03-2009, 11:43 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,120,196 times
I argue about always having to play by his rules, but then I'm just arguing by myself because he can't face anything and needs to ignore the problem and go sit under a tree and think. And it's only minor issues really, which makes me worry about if it were major. I probably wouldn't see him for a year or so then. This is probably why I'm going to be single again very soon. That type of behavior is childish to me. Two adults should be able to talk about problems and reach a solution together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships