Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 12:35 PM

295 posts, read 666,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Yes....that town is one of the most racist places I have ever lived. I was a young single guy there, but I found the club/dating scene totally segregated and most whites quite hostile when it came to the possibility of interracial dating.
Wow. That's so strange to me. Then again, I hang out with a liberal crowd. How long ago were you here?

When my Mom was growing up, for instance, yeah, you definitely weren't dating outside your race.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2009, 01:00 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,715,243 times
Its rare you see IR where I currently reside. When you do see it no one really makes a comment about it. Prolly b/c you really don't see it that much.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:10 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,890,030 times
I moved to FL from the midwest but thankfully did most of my schooling in NoVA where there is pretty much any race you can imagine. I grew up seeing a lot of inter-racial dating and it never seemed like it was out of the ordinary to me. My best friend in particular though had the knack for choosing men that didn't treat her well, and they happened to have been black. I think it has more to do with choosing your dates carefully no matter what their race. You know, don't date an ex-con or anyone that has a violent history. Maybe if he girlfriend is known for slashing tires, just don't go there.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:25 PM

26 posts, read 32,251 times
In Ohio here. White male/black female does get us a few looks, but rarely does anyone say anything. White women and Black men seem to give us the unfriendly stare...but we go about our business and tune it all out.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:37 PM

122 posts, read 381,278 times
I live in Mississippi and I have actually seen a fair amount of IR couples, and no one around them seemed to care much. Even many of my schoolmates were biracal like Indian/White, Black/White, and Asian/White.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:38 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,890,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbcoach View Post
In Ohio here. White male/black female does get us a few looks, but rarely does anyone say anything. White women and Black men seem to give us the unfriendly stare...but we go about our business and tune it all out.
It's the opposite here if the man is black and women are white. But who cares, to each their own. I personally look forward to a day (probably about 100 yrs from now) when everyone has about 5 different races for their heritage. Kinda of like a lot of people do now because their relatives came from different parts of Europe or South America, or Miami =-) Maybe that's what it'll take in the future with not much ozone left to prevent everyone getting skin cancer.

My only concern when I dated out of my race was that my kids wouldn't look like me.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:41 PM

11,865 posts, read 16,972,596 times
I live in a city where hippies and yuppies mingle freely. It's not unusual to see interracial couples here either.

Old 08-25-2009, 05:12 PM

850 posts, read 1,544,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
You will NOT see interacial dating here. The blacks here dislike it as much as the whites do. This is a very "southern" county!
That is why I live in California. They could care less who you date.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships