Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2009, 10:34 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times

Advertisements

Especially in relation to members of your own gender?

Also, what traits of yours are more often associated with the opposite sex?

Are there some areas you in which you tend to relate more with the opposite sex?

How important is your own conception of your masculinity/femininity?

I've done quite a few net tests, and tend to be rather in the middle...I like a lot of 'male' things like sports, destruction derbies and the odd spot of violence (more TV violence, I actually hate real-life violence)...but then again, I'm kind of a 'wuss' (not saying that's a feminine trait, just some would think of it as that), I don't mind talking about feelings, I'm kind of intuitive and sensitive as well.

I don't see it as hugely important really....I think if you're secure in who you are you shouldn't constantly have to re-affirm you masculinity. I believe it's defined more by biology and personality than cultural norms anyway. A girl who likes dirt-bike riding or something isn't necessarily less feminine anyway. In addition, I don't see women who are more feminine as better; indeed, I'd prefer some traits that were less stereotypically so.

What about you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2009, 10:37 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
How important is your own conception of your masculinity/femininity?
huh?

Old 04-05-2009, 10:38 PM

13,784 posts, read 26,249,698 times
There are aspects of me that are probably considered more masculine...I work in a male dominated field, not grossed out by gruesome scenes, I am a pretty good marksman...

BUT, I love my shoes and clothes...jewelry is a plus! I don't really care about my hair and nails but I think that's ok...

Old 04-05-2009, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
huh?
She meant "perception", obviously.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:40 PM

900 posts, read 1,702,120 times
interesting question. Outside , as I am petite and have curves and long wavy hair and feminine features, I am percieved as very feminine and passive. However, inside, I have a lot of masculine energy. I always was a very dominant female (and I don't mean any of this sexually, sex is probably the only area where I will insist a man make the moves.) , but as I get older and quieter (life's disappointments.) , I sometimes keep my dominant ways to myself. I go back and forth. Maybe that's why Im on here so much, not afraid to say what I feel. Still feminine outside, masculine inside overall.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddog1 View Post
interesting question. Outside , as I am petite and have curves and long wavy hair and feminine features, I am percieved as very feminine and passive. However, inside, I have a lot of masculine energy. I always was a very dominant female (and I don't mean any of this sexually, sex is probably the only area where I will insist a man make the moves.) , but as I get older and quieter (life's disappointments.) , I sometimes keep my dominant ways to myself. I go back and forth. Maybe that's why Im on here so much, not afraid to say what I feel. Still feminine outside, masculine inside overall.
Good combo! lol

Old 04-05-2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
She meant "perception", obviously.
Lol, maybe from my post I seemed more feminine.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Lol, maybe from my post I seemed more feminine.
Haha!! I guess you did! Sorry

Old 04-05-2009, 10:47 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,955,777 times
As a martial artist/fighter and avid fitness buff, its pretty obvious that I am masculine, but I dont carry the "Macho Man" attitude. Im more laid back. But still like guns, snakes, bugs, and stuff like that.

Some things that may be a bit "feminine" are:

1. I get my hair cut at a salon, not a barbershop.
2. I use Clinique dramatically different moisterizing lotion and clarifying cleanser.
3. I like shopping. If I want something I shop all around until I find it at the best price.
4. I like getting manicures (no paint or polish) and pedicures.
5. I like candles.
6. I exfoliate, use loofahs, and enjoy fragrant bubble baths.
7. I have NO interest in cars, carburators, exhausts, engines, pistons, and other "under the hood" car stuff.

Old 04-05-2009, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Haha!! I guess you did! Sorry
Lol no worries, I'm secure enough to not let it affect me . Indeed it's kind of flattering sometimes, even though I couldn't imagine myself as super-feminine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships