Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 04:33 PM

434 posts, read 933,595 times

Advertisements

My child's first smile when he was only 2 months old!

I documented the exact time and date in my journal:

It was 5:00am one morning, I was holding him in my arms and singing/smiling at him as usual of course.

All of sudden, he responded with a big big smile!

I have been told that he has the exact smile as mine till today!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 06:51 PM

525 posts, read 1,851,425 times
Breastfeeding my little one as he smiled and cooed...

Old 04-09-2009, 07:19 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,038,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Think back to a moment in your life that was so perfect you wish you could freeze it in time and relive it again, holding that moment for as long as you'd like it to last. It could be a date, an event, or distant memory, but one moment in your life you'd like to bottle up and break the glass when needed. Try to keep it PG...and no you can't say orgasms
The first day I saved up my money and bought one of these!!
GOD, I MISS MY BABY!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj6R5...eature=related

Last edited by Morphous01; 04-09-2009 at 07:32 PM..

Old 04-10-2009, 10:47 PM

5,012 posts, read 7,871,505 times
Well, time actually did freeze for me when she took my by the hand and danced with me on that pier by the lake. heck, the world around us disappeared too. It truly was the closest thing to perfection I'll ever experience on this earth. Better things exist when my real life begins on the other side of this one, but I'm pretty happy looking back on that memory.

The real question lies in why I felt that way when I knew beforehand that it would only be for one night. I went in with no real expectations. Honestly, I just wanted to get the night over with and get her back home at a decent hour. She managed to steal my heart anyway. I tried so hard to keep it from happening, but my walls came crashing down the second I looked into her eyes and saw her smile. I still think about it sometimes and wonder. I can't complain though. Too much to be thankful for I guess. Man I hope she can find someone who can make her feel the way I did. Heck, if everyone on this earth felt the way I did that night at some point in their life, the world would be filled with so much love, humanity would rise from its fallen state into something much greater.

Last edited by Philosophizer; 04-10-2009 at 11:02 PM..

Old 08-12-2009, 09:16 PM

3,256 posts, read 8,900,277 times
I'd have to say every time one of my kids does something "new". I'm not having any more kids, so every first for them will the last time I get to experience that with them.

I have to add, the first time I had the "perfect kiss". It took my breath away.
In that moment, it was as if I was meant to kiss him forever. ahhhh.

Old 08-12-2009, 09:37 PM

2,179 posts, read 4,987,594 times
yeah i would freeze 2 moments
1. when my parents took my brother and i to disneyworld. those were happier times. my brother is now estranged from me (went to the country he moved to and spoke to him on the phone. he didnt want to meet me), and talks to my parents once in a blue moon through distant emails. he is my only sibling.
2. when i first met a guy i ended up seeing in a hotel lobby. it was love at first sight for me and what i thought him, but it ended badly.

Old 08-13-2009, 08:13 PM

1,741 posts, read 4,575,237 times
My trip to Disney World way back when.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:33 PM

6,588 posts, read 17,547,571 times
There are two for me -

1. Summer of '83, when I was in summer school but had no other responsibilities. I spent most of that summer by the pool, meticulously tanning a beautiful golden brown (I'm fair skinned, so you can imagine how difficult this was!), and listening to music on my boom box. I was also "in love" for the first time, so everything was brighter, better, etc. I know this isn't a "moment", but I'd still like to freeze it.

2. New Year's Eve in the early 90s. Can't go into great detail, but it will always be a special memory!

Old 08-13-2009, 09:41 PM

37,594 posts, read 45,972,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
Think back to a moment in your life that was so perfect you wish you could freeze it in time and relive it again, holding that moment for as long as you'd like it to last. It could be a date, an event, or distant memory, but one moment in your life you'd like to bottle up and break the glass when needed. Try to keep it PG...and no you can't say orgasms
Sunrise in Islamorada, one morning in about oh, 1991 I think. Took off on a complete last minute trip with my sister, her BF and 3 other girls. Stayed in a hotel that could only put us up in one big huge room for all of us, and some of us slept on the floor. Power went out in the middle of the night, I woke up with the heat about 5am, everyone else was totally sacked out. I grabbed my Canon SLR, threw on some shorts and headed outside to the beach. That was the calmest, most beautiful, blue sky and water I've ever seen. I stayed out there taking pics and walking on the beach for a couple of hours until the others woke up. It was awesome.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:03 PM

20,048 posts, read 18,302,537 times
The last time a first love and I made love, with love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships