Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 10:11 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,867,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
I have to agree.

You know what is even more entertaining is to see a couple who are very large and overweight holding hands together and you wonder....HOW???
Awwwww funnyman...now you are being mean! If you are a reeeeal handsome guy this just blew it. I am short, chunky but adorably cute with big dimples, big blue/green eyes and a huge personality...my husband is 6'1, darkly handsome but could stand to lose maybe 50 pounds...for you to even say something like this is so typical of someone who is perhaps a little too full of himself??? "Thick" (that's the new term) people fall in love too and how they "get together" is not really yours or anyone elses concern. Be nice!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 10:44 AM

897 posts, read 1,591,963 times
All the women in here who are saying that they never look at a guy and think about whether or not they will have sex with him are lying through their teeth. Everyone does this but some (or should I say most?) women just refuse to admit it because they still think that it will make them look like sluts if they do.
The fact of the matter is that it is in our genetic make-up to be sexually attracted to a certain type of person in the opposite sex. It is a basic instinct in order to propegate the species. Women look for the type of man who seems strong and dominant which is why the nerdy and fat guys get looked over for the most part. This is also why women look at a man like Brad Pitt or, say, Mel Gibson or Denzel Washington and know right away that they want to have sex with him despite not knowing ANYTHING about them; because they meet the criteria that our specific society has deemed standard for an attractive man.
Power is a big part of this as well and EVERY woman wants a man who makes her feel protected. Think about it, why is this necessary if we live in a society where women and men are equal? What does she need protection from? In the days of the caveman, she needed protection from everything including other cavemen and so they were conditioned to look for the strongest guy who no other guy messed with (or if they did, he kicked their butt). Nowadays, that conditioning is still there and, when they are young and at their peek, women still base their attraction on physicality but, since in our modern society power is gauged by money and the men who make money are the ones who didn't spend their youth pumping iron in order to impress girls, once they are old enough women will go after those guys who have worked hard to make something of themselves despite not being sexually attracted to them. The sad thing is that a lot of these guys don't understand that they are being played (at least not the first time) and end up divorced and considerably poorer within 10 years.
In the end, the answer to your question is yes, women do this and they do so just as much as men do but good luck getting them to admit it.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:09 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,950,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
Oh like a piece of meat? No.
I have never looked at a piece of meat that way.

I respect food!!

Are you a bitter person who has no sense of humor?

Lighten up. Crack a smile. Whatever....sheesh!!!

Old 04-15-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
Awwwww funnyman...now you are being mean! If you are a reeeeal handsome guy this just blew it. I am short, chunky but adorably cute with big dimples, big blue/green eyes and a huge personality...my husband is 6'1, darkly handsome but could stand to lose maybe 50 pounds...for you to even say something like this is so typical of someone who is perhaps a little too full of himself??? "Thick" (that's the new term) people fall in love too and how they "get together" is not really yours or anyone elses concern. Be nice!!
Oh....Tough crowd.

Come on. Us comedians always get a few ewws and oohhs in their act. This was all in good fun.

I apologize to all the "Thick" persons out there whom I offended.

You're right it IS none of my business how they "get together." LOL!!

Old 04-15-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmancomics View Post
All the women in here who are saying that they never look at a guy and think about whether or not they will have sex with him are lying through their teeth. Everyone does this but some (or should I say most?) women just refuse to admit it because they still think that it will make them look like sluts if they do.
The fact of the matter is that it is in our genetic make-up to be sexually attracted to a certain type of person in the opposite sex. It is a basic instinct in order to propegate the species. Women look for the type of man who seems strong and dominant which is why the nerdy and fat guys get looked over for the most part. This is also why women look at a man like Brad Pitt or, say, Mel Gibson or Denzel Washington and know right away that they want to have sex with him despite not knowing ANYTHING about them; because they meet the criteria that our specific society has deemed standard for an attractive man.
Power is a big part of this as well and EVERY woman wants a man who makes her feel protected. Think about it, why is this necessary if we live in a society where women and men are equal? What does she need protection from? In the days of the caveman, she needed protection from everything including other cavemen and so they were conditioned to look for the strongest guy who no other guy messed with (or if they did, he kicked their butt). Nowadays, that conditioning is still there and, when they are young and at their peek, women still base their attraction on physicality but, since in our modern society power is gauged by money and the men who make money are the ones who didn't spend their youth pumping iron in order to impress girls, once they are old enough women will go after those guys who have worked hard to make something of themselves despite not being sexually attracted to them. The sad thing is that a lot of these guys don't understand that they are being played (at least not the first time) and end up divorced and considerably poorer within 10 years.
In the end, the answer to your question is yes, women do this and they do so just as much as men do but good luck getting them to admit it.
Thank you Dr. Philmancomics!!!

I couldn't agree with you more. You hit it right on the button.

Many rock and roll singers get laid after every show. Why?

Basketball players after every game. Why?

Presidents under every desk. Why?

I know, I know what you are saying. They keep it under wraps as to not expose the "sl*t" title. Good for them.

You brought up some good points and I thank you for sticking your neck out there so all the brazen women can chop it off.

Old 04-15-2009, 12:08 PM

4,253 posts, read 9,452,635 times
There was a period in my life from around 18 to my late 20s when whenever I was together with a male, I had those invisible measuring instruments LOL going "Can I have children with him?" I know, sounds silly now, but my girlfriends at the time affirmed having the same feeling. It wasn't about sex itself, it was about measuring the whole package and the whole future... where sex, of course would happen, - but wasn't the main idea. Were we brought up on fairy tales or was it normal for women? Not sure. It was happening even when the male beside you was not a date - a teacher (that's maybe where the girl's crashes on teachers and celebrities come from), an acquaintance. Maybe it was similar to the sex drive of men. But I would only want to have sex if I saw future with him (how could I predict future, it's a huge question now, but that's what was happening in my mind).

Last edited by nuala; 04-15-2009 at 12:20 PM..

Old 04-15-2009, 12:11 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
Quote:
O.k. I will go with the car illustration.

Say you saw a super glossy, black porche parked on the street. You look at it with the black leather seats and chrome rims.

Come on!! You mean to tell me you wouldn't mull over in your mind how awesome it would feel to ride that car around the block a couple of times to see how it would handle even though you are riding in a pinto.
how did you know i drive a pinto?? i did not put that in my profile.

Old 04-15-2009, 05:45 PM

6 posts, read 109,146 times
Interesting how this question is directed at women, but it's the men who seem to have the strongest opinions. When I first see a man, I definitely notice if he's physically attractive. However I also notice how he dresses, the way he speaks, if he's intelligent, does he treat others with respect. I do not, however, wonder what it would be like to have sex with him.

For myself, and many other women, sexual attraction comes AFTER emotional intimacy. I have to like a man as a person (not just as a pretty face) before I envision myself in bed with him. I'm sorry guys, I know that's not what you want to hear, but women are not innately visual creatures. It's entirely possible for me to meet an attractive man and not picture myself having sex with him. Bummer, huh?

Old 04-15-2009, 09:12 PM

102 posts, read 255,547 times
Quote:
See....us guys will see a woman and mull over in our head if we would ever have sex with her. That would be our main thought when meeting a woman. It's our make up I guess.

I was wondering do women ever think that way too. Like, when you first meet someone, whether you would tell them or not, do you ever think about doing them?

Like to hear your thoughts.
dont classify it as 'us guys,' cuz not all guys are like this. and if they were, i would remain single forever....

to answer your question, no, whenever i meet guys it never crosses my mind on if i'm going to have sex with them. i have morals, and don't just think of men as little toys only good for sex. if you just meet someone and the first thing you think about is having sex with them, what does that tell you about yourself?

Old 04-15-2009, 09:23 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,901,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmancomics View Post
psychic huh?

Frankly I don't give two ****s if you think I'm a **** but I'll be stuffed if I'm going to be sitting here getting called a liar because you've been hard done by and you can't get your head out of your butt long enough to see that people do all kinds of things for very different reasons to your own.

You've probably ended up with exactly the kinds of women you so richly deserve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships