Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should I do?
Tell her to kiss off 8 21.05%
Try and meet up with her 4 10.53%
completely ignore her 12 31.58%
Tell her I meant what I said but cannot be treated this way 14 36.84%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 09:42 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,978,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZER PROPHET View Post
She's pretty darn smart. She has her bo in Dayton and still plays you in Cbus like a chump- and you seem to love it.

I love it, I really do. She strings you along like a pro. How's it feel to have a hook in your lower lip being reeled in and let out, reeled in and let out, reeled in and let out... I wonder how many dozen times she can do it to ya, big fella.
I'm trading in my answer for this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 09:59 PM

78,016 posts, read 60,232,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
You might also have to keep your fingies and toes crossed too!
Um. There is no way my partner is going to be able to keep that level of motor function. Just saying. Sensory overload for the win.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:01 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,397,937 times
Sorry to have to break it to you, but, here's the truth. It's not that she doesn't beleive what you said to her. Its that she doesn't want to beleive. Because that would mean that she can no longer hang out with you and not feel guilty about leading you on. But it sounds like she has fun with you and doesn't want the fun to end just because you have feelings for her.

Old 04-07-2009, 10:01 PM

78,016 posts, read 60,232,230 times
Quote:
She's pretty darn smart. She has her bo in Dayton and still plays you in Cbus like a chump- and you seem to love it.

I love it, I really do. She strings you along like a pro. How's it feel to have a hook in your lower lip being reeled in and let out, reeled in and let out, reeled in and let out... I wonder how many dozen times she can do it to ya, big fella.
GREAT post. I had a girl or two in college that like to do this....or at least tried. Had a long-distance bf and would love to flirt-tease me when they got lonely and it suited them. <points towards the door>

Old 04-07-2009, 10:04 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 19,978,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by temptation001 View Post
Sorry to have to break it to you, but, here's the truth. It's not that she doesn't beleive what you said to her. Its that she doesn't want to beleive. Because that would mean that she can no longer hang out with you and not feel guilty about leading you on. But it sounds like she has fun with you and doesn't want the fun to end just because you have feelings for her.
So men, basically, believe that women can't possibly just want to be friends with a guy?

Old 04-07-2009, 10:21 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,397,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
So men, basically, believe that women can't possibly just want to be friends with a guy?
I dont know what men think, but if shes making out with him, then its not likely she just wants his friendship only. Or, maybe she does, but she doesnt want him to be her boyfriend anyway.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:55 AM

857 posts, read 1,419,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by optiflex View Post
I'm confused as all hell by this post....

1) Theses drunken make out sessions...was she by any chance with "long term boyfriend" when this occured? Or is "long term" three weeks to you?

2) this you two traveling to see each other...was this during her time of being with "long term boyfriend"?

3) just from your description of events it sounds like you're the boy who doesn't realize you're sort of a g-friend she runs to inbetween...No offense
1 & 2, No, each time was when she is single

Quote:

Though I do appreciate the imagery I do not see how I am being played like a chump. I found out she has a new BF and stopped talking to her, shes trying to reach me and I was simply asking what people think is the best response. Its not like I am sitting on my ass waiting for her to call, I am going out and having fun myself.

But it sounds like you have either been burned yourself and have some hostility inside you, or you just enjoy the thought of other people's misery. You get pleasure out of the idea of a girl messing with a guy's emotions, thats just weird. And either way your response was not very helpful.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:27 AM

1,410 posts, read 3,965,220 times
The only resonable option is the last one. Confront her about it - preferably in person and tell her that you are interested in her but being blown off and ignored is no way to treat anyone. Either she will get it and you can remain true friends or she is a fake non caring person and you move on.

G Man

Old 04-08-2009, 09:14 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,093,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ulnevrwalkalone View Post
Thats the thing, I was not wasting anymore time on her. I am out there looking for a new relationship with some success but is it weird that I compare the girls I meet to this girl? I think I am just hung up on this girl that got away thing but I also feel we have spent way too much time being friends ( almost 4 years now) to just let it fizzle into nothing...

And to those saying Im stuck in the friend zone, do the times we made out not count for anything b/c alcohol is involved*??

*were not talking black out drunk, just a few beers/wine
If those times counted, she would be trying to have a romantic relationship with you. Women view making out the way men view sex. Just because you do it, doesn't mean you are in a relationship. Esp if the only times it happened you were drinking. (you don't have to be black out drunk to be drunk)

If you really feel you have too much time and emotion invested to simply walk away, then you need to man up and tell her (with NO alcohol involved) exactly how you feel.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:37 AM

2,561 posts, read 2,165,012 times
I voted to ignore her.

Girls love attention.

HOWEVER

Ideally, you can talk to her about it while sober. If she hedges during her response and isn't straightforward with you while you're be direct and making it as easy as possible for her to be honest, I would guess it means she loves attention and the little game she is playing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships