Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2010, 07:16 PM

881 posts, read 1,112,629 times

Advertisements

just a few days ago, I invited a girl to my guy friends house and he made us crab....he was feeding us both, and she was full so didnt want anymore, so he kept feeding just me.... He turned around to get more butter and she proceeded to punch me right square in the nose and said that was ENOUGH eating because SHE was full.... She was jealouse of MY friend, she JUST met, feeding me and not her..... Pathetic! Then last night I had to cut another girlfriend loose, because whenever a guy starts talking to me, she stands right in front of me, interupts me, and molests thwe guy.... Then last night I was leaving in a cab to watch a movie with a guy friend, she jumpes in front of the cab, got in, and was alllll over him.... He was not impessed, nor was I but I still feel sorry for her on some level.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2010, 10:03 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,677,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Sweet. You restated the confusing statement word for word.
What part of the restatement was too difficult to understand?

Old 04-18-2010, 10:06 AM

2,794 posts, read 3,677,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post
just a few days ago, I invited a girl to my guy friends house and he made us crab....he was feeding us both, and she was full so didnt want anymore, so he kept feeding just me.... He turned around to get more butter and she proceeded to punch me right square in the nose and said that was ENOUGH eating because SHE was full.... She was jealouse of MY friend, she JUST met, feeding me and not her..... Pathetic! Then last night I had to cut another girlfriend loose, because whenever a guy starts talking to me, she stands right in front of me, interupts me, and molests thwe guy.... Then last night I was leaving in a cab to watch a movie with a guy friend, she jumpes in front of the cab, got in, and was alllll over him.... He was not impessed, nor was I but I still feel sorry for her on some level.....
What can us guys do to help out?

I would like to run interference for the guy when a girl feels the need to get heterosexual, but I am not always conveniently around.

I always try to ask my friends if they have any girl friends, especially when I am not getting laid on regular basis. I should remember to ask chicks more often if I can help out in some situations.

Old 04-18-2010, 10:06 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
The myth that women are more mature and compassionate than men is utter complete BS. Thanks for sharing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misswee View Post

Old 04-18-2010, 12:24 PM

437 posts, read 675,076 times
Quote:
I think a lot of it is biology. Female animals frequently do not get along. A female establishes dominance to protect herself because she is vulnerable and afraid. In human terms, the more misogynistic the society, the worse the women are, because they believe that without male approval, they are nothing.
I laugh at the last part. Actually the more patriarchal a society is, the better women will be. Women compete with other women for men, regardless of society. HOWEVER, in a patriarchal society were marriage is strongly upheld, it's harder to snag another woman's man because most women will be married and the price of violating a marriage is high.

In less patriarchal societies, like today, more and more women are competing over a longer period of time since marriage is held to be optional. The generates much more ill will between women.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:03 AM

3,486 posts, read 5,684,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameiko View Post
I laugh at the last part. Actually the more patriarchal a society is, the better women will be. Women compete with other women for men, regardless of society. HOWEVER, in a patriarchal society were marriage is strongly upheld, it's harder to snag another woman's man because most women will be married and the price of violating a marriage is high.
Yeah, just look at Saudi Arabia. Heaven, I tell ya, sheer heaven.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:18 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,697,277 times
Quote:

In less patriarchal societies, like today, more and more women are competing over a longer period of time since marriage is held to be optional. The generates much more ill will between women.
Patriarchy does not equal misogyny. For examples of what I am talking about, read this article:

Two-day-old girl dies in 'honour killing' | Stuff.co.nz

This happened yesterday. A grandmother killed her two-day-old grandchild, because its mother (her daughter) was unmarried.

Have you read Angela's Ashes? In it, a group of Catholic women in 1930s Brooklyn throw stones at a young woman who has given birth out of wedlock.

Here's another:

Somali Woman Stoned to Death for Adultery - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com

A Somali woman was buried up to her neck and stoned to death for adultery. A group of relatives tried to save her, and guards opened fire upon them. A child was killed in the process.

I repeat and stand by my statement. In misogynistic cultures, women will often be the fiercest perpetrators, because they are taught to fear and hate other women. This is particularly true about sexual matters. A woman who has a baby out of wedlock or commits adultery (or, in some cultures, even raped) is perceived as a dangerous, evil person.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:19 AM

257 posts, read 1,058,351 times
Quote:
I think a lot of it is biology. Female animals frequently do not get along. A female establishes dominance to protect herself because she is vulnerable and afraid. In human terms, the more misogynistic the society, the worse the women are, because they believe that without male approval, they are nothing.
Ditto. That's really what it's about, seeking male approval. A lot of women feel powerless in this society, and think the only way to get ahead is to ingratiate themselves with men. It's a survival tactic. The same way how during slavery times, you always had those slaves who would spy and rat out other slaves to Massa, hoping for that proverbial pat on the head.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:25 AM

257 posts, read 1,058,351 times
Quote:

The reason women are competing for men is due to the search for a PROVIDER AND PROTECTOR, which is a necessity in a patriarchal society. If women were in a society where they could live safely and obtain what they needed without a man, the competition would be less fierce.

FYI, marriage has been found to benefit men more than women, which is why it still exists in a patriarchal society. Otherwise, it would be done away with.

Old 04-20-2010, 01:03 AM

881 posts, read 1,112,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielpalos View Post
What can us guys do to help out?

I would like to run interference for the guy when a girl feels the need to get heterosexual, but I am not always conveniently around.

I always try to ask my friends if they have any girl friends, especially when I am not getting laid on regular basis. I should remember to ask chicks more often if I can help out in some situations.
good question.....
Mabey pay more attention to the insecure one, so she can in her head be turned off by the attention, because the more secure ones like me wont mind and it is actually probly helping us out....

I ask guys to not say anything nice about me in front of girls because it puts me in serious danger sometimes, so save praising your "one of the guys" girlfriends, for when JUST other guys are around....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Non-Romantic Relationships