Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2009, 11:35 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,702,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneheaded View Post
See she is already playing the choose game with the boys. She asked my oldest who he wants to live with. She didn't get the answer she wanted. So then she tells my youngest "Do you want mommy to gone all the time and you live with dad?"... WTH OMG this is so lame, and bad for them to have to go through. That was this morning. I am so ready for all this to be over.

Dude, sounded like you're married to a psycho... has she always been like this? And, what attracted you to your wife in the first place, years ago?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 11:50 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Having the children in court is not in their best interests. You need a new lawyer, your current one is only interested in winning. It's great that you have your stbx trying to sell you the children. Get more if you can. Ask for a conference with both lawyers present and a court stenographer. Play the tape. Tell her you plan to play it for the judge. She'll back down or she'll lose no judge with sense will give her custody after hearing that.

Might want to check the laws regarding taping someone without their knowledge first.

Also, this is family court so he shouldn't feel like playing the tape will make it a slam dunk in his favor. In nearly all cases family court will favor the woman in regards to custody, alimony and child support no matter the specifics. He could be father of the year and she could be shacked up with a drug dealer and performing satanic ritual sacrifice and she'll probably get custody plus most of the assets and large alimony/cs payments.

To the OP, good luck to you and your children!

Old 04-09-2009, 11:57 AM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times
Quote:
See she is already playing the choose game with the boys. She asked my oldest who he wants to live with. She didn't get the answer she wanted. So then she tells my youngest "Do you want mommy to gone all the time and you live with dad?"... WTH OMG this is so lame, and bad for them to have to go through. That was this morning. I am so ready for all this to be over.
Wrong. Just friggin' wrong.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:00 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,543,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
Might want to check the laws regarding taping someone without their knowledge first.

Also, this is family court so he shouldn't feel like playing the tape will make it a slam dunk in his favor. In nearly all cases family court will favor the woman in regards to custody, alimony and child support no matter the specifics. He could be father of the year and she could be shacked up with a drug dealer and performing satanic ritual sacrifice and she'll probably get custody plus most of the assets and large alimony/cs payments.

To the OP, good luck to you and your children!
The taping is legal where he is.

But I'm curious as to how you conclude that the court will favor the woman "in nearly all cases in regards to custody, alimony and child support no matter the specifics." - even being shacked up with a drug dealer and performing satanic ritual sacrifice?

Old 04-09-2009, 12:02 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,797,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sms0511 View Post
Dude, sounded like you're married to a psycho... has she always been like this? And, what attracted you to your wife in the first place, years ago?
Thing is shortly after she gave birth she became mildly depressed. So over the years her own misery has begun to ooze out all over the rest of us. Now poisoning day to day life.

Before we got pregnant we had a few GREAT years. I kept thinking eventually she will come back and be the woman I married. I tried to encourage her to see a therapist. I went to therapy; she made one attempt and the moment she didn't hear what she wanted the counseling was over.

The laws in Texas say only one person on the tape has to know for it to be legit for court. I knew; so the onus is fulfilled. You are exactly right about the heavy slant. The only real hope I have is the proof and testimony of family friends that know I am the primary care giver now. As to the asset division the tape will hurt her in showing she is more concerned about money. The courts definitely frown on the "Gold Digger" stuff.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:02 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,113,639 times
Quote:
To say this is wrong is the worst kind of understatment, I know you are already trying, but please get your kids away from thus woman as quickly as possible.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:05 PM

2,751 posts, read 5,363,036 times
I've been through divorce before I had kids, though as a kid I was caught in between my parents when they divorced, and all I can tell you is it is not a pleasant place for a kid to be. You are confused, your heart gets torn up on a regular basis, you think to yourself, 'Wait, I love her and I love him, so why can't they love each other?' And here's the most important part, kids, as incredible as it might seem, will inevitably to one extent or another blame themselves for all of this. I'm still not clear on why, but it just seems that kids more than parents see their family as a unit. They, unlike you and your wife, are 'blood' to all parties. You should know it BH, and maybe you already do, that no matter how bad your wife looks to you, to them she is Mom and she always will be. From what you say you really have your work cut out for you and I feel for you, because your wife does not "sound" like she deserves to have much to do with your kids. So in the best interest of your kids you should try to get full custody, but you have to do it while at the same time not belittling, demeaning and destroying your wife, their mother. Very tough. I sure do wish the best for you and your boys.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:10 PM

1,226 posts, read 2,797,753 times
I know your heart is in the right place PTC but he does have a point even thought it was presented a little over the top. The courts here are heavily slanted towards women. You already know the other circumstances in my case. So it will be a tough case. There is no real way to say for sure how it will go. All I can do is keep reassuring me boys that it will be ok. No matter what happens I am here for them.

Some days I think I shuld have just kept on living with her **** and saved them from all this.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:11 PM

2,002 posts, read 4,583,894 times
Quote:
I'm so sorry to read this. I never thought a woman would do something like this.

Get a good lawyer, not only taking care of financial issues or looking at your kids as assets.

Wish you the best.

Old 04-09-2009, 12:13 PM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
The taping is legal where he is.

But I'm curious as to how you conclude that the court will favor the woman "in nearly all cases in regards to custody, alimony and child support no matter the specifics." - even being shacked up with a drug dealer and performing satanic ritual sacrifice?

Just look around the net a bit and you'll find plenty of horror stories. If a woman wants to she can absolutely destroy her soon to be ex husband.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships