Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 09:03 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I hope that doesn't include sex.

Are you one of those people that prefer to hang out in huge groups and then pick your partners from there?
Not really. Let me see how I can put this. If I frequently go to karaoke, and someone else there goes frequently, we might go to the same place for a year, seeing each other THERE, but always coming and going in separate vehicles. So, perhaps one day she'll come over and start talking to me, maybe about singing a song WITH her, as a duet. We start talking and getting to know each other, and one of us will suggest a date. Sometimes that will be me, but it's usually her. Same thing with dating at work. I can work with someone six months, and never really know much about them but their name, but if there's any kind of interest shown, I can study what kind of person she is at work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 09:35 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times
That's cool. It sounds like you have some great ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Not really. Let me see how I can put this. If I frequently go to karaoke, and someone else there goes frequently, we might go to the same place for a year, seeing each other THERE, but always coming and going in separate vehicles. So, perhaps one day she'll come over and start talking to me, maybe about singing a song WITH her, as a duet. We start talking and getting to know each other, and one of us will suggest a date. Sometimes that will be me, but it's usually her. Same thing with dating at work. I can work with someone six months, and never really know much about them but their name, but if there's any kind of interest shown, I can study what kind of person she is at work.

Old 04-11-2009, 10:54 PM

515 posts, read 1,330,443 times
I would never! I have more pride in my self than that.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:18 AM

5,612 posts, read 15,115,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
Why waste time? If the love-making is no good what is the point in a relationship?
It's not love-making if you're not in a relationship. On the first date, it's just f#ck#ng.

Old 04-12-2009, 11:23 AM

323 posts, read 788,371 times
The last time that I went out on a date with a guy that I was really excited about, sex on the first day didn't even cross my mind.. I've seen many many relationships form between people that have had sex on the first date, but they're usually full of drama.. A friend of mine had sex with her now-husband on the first date-- they've been together for 10 years but have always cheated on each other and he's hit her.. Another friend of mine and her boyfriend decided to have a kid right away (their kid was 2 months old on their one year anniversary) and they made it work for a few years, but eventually his alcoholism came back and ruined their relationship. I guess if I did have sex with a guy on the first date and it happened to work out, great.. but I wouldn't have very high expectations out of it.

I'm always kind of offended if a guy tried for it on the first date.. That means they think that I'm easy.

Old 04-12-2009, 12:11 PM

141 posts, read 284,923 times
Been there done that. Won't do it again. Pretty sure.

Old 08-28-2009, 01:02 AM

26 posts, read 86,427 times
i waited 2 months w/ my now-husband before having sex..woulda waited a lil longer if he hadn't gotten me drunk that night the bastard

Old 08-28-2009, 01:24 AM

7,829 posts, read 11,788,932 times
Not quite sure what kind of girls have sex on the first date but so far in my life I haven't ever met one.. are these girls in the bars? Infact haven't ever slept with anyone until I was in a serious relationship which was MANY MANY dates later! However, I am in my mid 30s and how fast a girl sleeps with me is not exactly a top priority in what I am looking for in a mate...that was a top priority maybe 10 years ago

Old 08-28-2009, 04:13 AM

1,741 posts, read 4,576,070 times
Definitely not!

In fact, I thought it was something that just was not done. However, when you are as naive about things as I was, and you put yourself in situations... it can happen.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:45 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
I never do. Person I don't know, it's not going to happen. Even if she slips me something and gets me drunk, my mechanics won't be working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships