U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-09-2009, 10:05 PM

1,289 posts, read 1,533,051 times
I'm a selective elephant. I remember the weirdest things--snippets of conversations, and unimportant facts and tidbits, random moments and precise details. I can never remember important things though (like names or dates, which is why math and history have always been my worst subjects).
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2009, 10:39 PM

7,648 posts, read 7,343,818 times
Hee! Hee! Heeeeee!!!!!!!!! Oh, boy, could both my husband and my ex tell you about MY elephant memory.

Actually, I used to have one of those rare, phenomenal memories that literally gave people the creeps. And pair that with very sharp eyes. And as for offending me, it was common for my husbands to say, "And you'll never let me forget it."

However, I am really poor with things like appointments, dates, and mental list of things to get from the store. Can you believe that I have trouble remembering our wedding anniversary? And I stopped trying to acknowledge birthdays outside of the family.

Old 04-10-2009, 06:26 AM

3,355 posts, read 5,591,359 times
The one thing I can say is that I do remember the date I proposed to my wife and celebrate it one way or another each year. I also remember every event around the birth of our children. Like when our daughter was born, my MIL was on one side of the bed, I on the other and we were fighting over who would give ice chips to my wife. My wife had to break us up.

And then when our son was born and we opted to have a doula. My wife told me to get her out of the room and I about had to go to blows with the woman because she wouldn't leave. She said it wasn't my place to tell her to leave. Well my wife ended up having an emergency c-section since the little guy had the umbilical cord wrapped around his legs! His personal trampoline!

Old 04-10-2009, 08:08 AM

7,270 posts, read 5,722,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynda05125 View Post
I am a wife that is the elephant)(not in size) I am the one that always remembers every thing, I have to remind my hubby of what happened yesterday or as far back as 10 years ago so we won't repeat the same mistake . Guess it's all good that someone in the group can remember where he parked the car so there is no need to use the alarm on the car to find It.!!!
You're funny to clarify you are not overweight.

Old 04-10-2009, 11:27 AM

25,170 posts, read 32,988,079 times
I'm pretty sure there was never an elephant woman, an elephant man yes.....

Old 04-10-2009, 11:31 AM

1,461 posts, read 2,740,851 times
Default Is your wife an elephant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
My wife remembers EVERYTHING! We just had a conversation about how weird her in-laws are. She proceeded to tell me things I had forgotten, and still don't remember...which is not good because I got THE look like I was supposed to remember it--doesn't matter that it was more than six years ago!Any other elephants out there?
I think you need to clarify a little better what you mean by "Is your wife an elephant"....alot of us womenfolk out here probably at first look thought you were asking other guys if any of them have fat wives...yup, that was my first impression when I read this title...ugh..please clarify!

Old 04-10-2009, 12:47 PM

2,413 posts, read 4,476,231 times
Not an elephant, but she does have the libido of a panda.

Old 04-10-2009, 12:53 PM

5,154 posts, read 8,769,893 times
My wife is a selective elephant. She can remember every wrong thing I've done since we've been married. However, there are statements she's made that she either denies saying it or remembers it as being the opposite. I have witnesses to it, so it's not my faulty memory.

Old 04-10-2009, 01:20 PM

25,170 posts, read 32,988,079 times
My friend's wife has the libido of a sloth. Isn't that cool?? Huh huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by professorsenator View Post
Not an elephant, but she does have the libido of a panda.

Old 04-10-2009, 10:02 PM

219 posts, read 470,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
My friend's wife has the libido of a sloth. Isn't that cool?? Huh huh?

Hope she does not look like a sloth and how do you know about yours friends wife libido????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships