Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2009, 08:39 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post
You're attractive. I'm not surprised guys would find you attractive and get interested in you.

At the same time, judging from your picture, I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of a blunt "I'm not interested." You look like you can look cold (no offense).
I am very shy, and that is often misinterpreted as cold & aloof, yes.
I generally hate to hurt feelings & am not rude to a guy unless he is too pushy & cannot take the obvious hints. It doesn't happen a lot...I am not fighting guys off with a stick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 08:43 PM

4,483 posts, read 5,330,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
I am very shy, and that is often misinterpreted as cold & aloof, yes.
I generally hate to hurt feelings & am not rude to a guy unless he is too pushy & cannot take the obvious hints. It doesn't happen a lot...I am not fighting guys off with a stick
Kinda ironic how sometimes attractive women turn out to be so shy.

I'm talking to a female buddy of mine. We both know this smoking hot woman in her mid 20s. She's also extremely sweet. Anyway, hot20something often tells female buddy, "why are guys so shy around me? It's like none of them wants to ask me out."

The ironies of life.

Old 04-11-2009, 08:51 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,353 times
Quote:
Kinda ironic how sometimes attractive women turn out to be so shy.

I'm talking to a female buddy of mine. We both know this smoking hot woman in her mid 20s. She's also extremely sweet. Anyway, hot20something often tells female buddy, "why are guys so shy around me? It's like none of them wants to ask me out."

The ironies of life.
haha....well I am not so presumptuous to think I am sooo attractive that men are just intimated by me....I recognize it is more of a body language thing. I take responsibility for sending bad signals

Old 04-12-2009, 12:22 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,429,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
1st date - hug
2nd date - hold hands kiss
3rd date - sex

4th date if you don't get sex on the 3rd date: boot to the ass.

It really depends on what you want though. if you want serious bf/gf relationship then you can take it slower to get to know each other more. If you want sex, press for sex on the first date. If you want friends with benefits then press for sex on first date and then try to make her FWB.

Good luck.
In his own way, this poster is really trying to help.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:20 AM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,167,635 times
Quote:
You're attractive. I'm not surprised guys would find you attractive and get interested in you.

At the same time, judging from your picture, I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of a blunt "I'm not interested." You look like you can look cold (no offense).
You seem overly sensitive to cold looks from women. You noticed that about that last woman you dated. Why is that? Did your mom give you stern looks as a child?

Old 04-12-2009, 09:41 AM

900 posts, read 1,702,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeapple View Post
If I don't like someone, it is clear & obvious. I will be flippant & make faces & even bluntly say I am not interested. Of course, some guys think this is playing "hard to get" & like that I am "feisty" .

If am interested in & attracted to a guy, unfortunately I may come across as coy. It's not intentional, but when I really like someone they make me nervous & I clam up. I'm pretty clueless when it comes to flirting, & when I observe others doing it I think I'd come across as awkward & dorky if I tried the same techniques.

If I like a guy as a person, but there's not much romantic attraction, I am at my most natural because I am comfortable, and then of course they end up liking me too . Then I smile, laugh, speak passionately, and gesture a lot. I will show personal interest in them & yack about a variety of topics. If I feel they like me or if they iniate it, I will give them a hug on parting & agree to talk or hang out again soon.

I am trying to learn to be this way around guys I am attracted to, but it's not something I can turn on & off.

When it comes to kissing, then the guy has to make the first move. As far as I know, my signal I am willing is not running away, and maybe hesitating afte a hug...yeah, I'm subtle.
pretty much what she said which is why it's hard to read the opposite sex. I am not blunt enough to say Im not interested, but it's good to do that so a person knows he has no chance. Luckily, guys usually get the hint. What about a guy who touches your arm a lot, but then stops doing it, was he interested and then changed his mind?

Old 04-12-2009, 10:12 AM

550 posts, read 1,214,831 times
Does anyone ever play hard to get?
When women "play hard to get" (are cold/seem uninterested) I usually just give up on them...since i take it as "I'm trying to say no in a nice way, please get the hint"
Is that a good or a bad thing?

Old 04-12-2009, 02:18 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,675,687 times
One problem I have with much of our "dating" scene is that we can't just go out and have a good evening and leave it at that. Immediately it's almost like people strategizing a war, does she like me or not, when do i hug, when do i kiss, when do we have sex, how do we have sex, how many children will we have, where we will live, etc.

People are thinking 10 bridges down the road. Just enjoy the evening. One thing I don't allow women to do on dates anymore is to do an "interview". I hold a bit in reserve about my personal business. I don't allow them to drive me into a corner about how committed I'll be or how many children I want when I hardly know them.

I say go with the natural flow. If the relationship is meant to be romantic then it will naturally happen. If you are meant to be platonic with one another then such it will be. If you are never meant to go out again such it will be.

People should back off trying to overthink, overanalyze, drive, force, manipulate, strategize, etc. all their dating relationships.

Old 04-12-2009, 02:30 PM

300 posts, read 735,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
People should back off trying to overthink, overanalyze, drive, force, manipulate, strategize, etc. all their dating relationships.
Ok, so it's dumb to be anally overanalyzing, agree. But it's not good bein completely careless either, right? Where do you put the boundary between "overanalyzing" and "careless?"

Old 04-12-2009, 02:44 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times
You should be able to tell the difference on whether or not a woman is having a good time.
Good eye contact and body language say alot.
Sex on the first date is not a good idea. I think friendship is more important if you're looking for a long term relationship. If you're looking for sex only, it's not going to last long term.
As far as the woman wanting to see you again, I think you can figure that out too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships