Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 08:50 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,037,773 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaicheg View Post
Totally opposite here, married life rid me of scruffy looks into frequent grooming and staying fit. In one year after the wedding lost 35 pounds to my ideal height/weight ratio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2009, 04:11 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
I've been married, I've been single. It hasn't affected my LACK of desire for taking risks. I wasn't that "aggressive" or maybe you're thinking "ambitious" either way. The only thing that changed when I was married was more personal conflict at home.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:45 AM

12,953 posts, read 13,665,225 times
I have actually become more of a risk taker and prolly more prone to be agressive since being married and having kids. we live out side of town with very few neighbors, and if my wife or kids hears something in the night , I'm out the door in the middle of the night with a baseball bat, wearing only my underwear. I used to be known as a layed back guy, but now if someone hurt my wife or kids I would gladly sit in prison for a few years to get them back. I think it's an attitude that changes as your kids get old enough to protect them selves, I used to be afraid snakes untill my nine year old son saw one and asked me to catch it for him. I did'nt want to hand down my fears to him so I grabed it for him. 10 years later (not too long ago) he sent me a picture of him holding what looks like a 5-6 foot snake with a big smile on his face. I could of never done that when I was his age.

Last edited by thriftylefty; 04-13-2009 at 08:01 AM..

Old 04-13-2009, 07:54 AM

28,895 posts, read 54,134,340 times
Aggressive in what sense of the word? From a biz standpoint, I'd say no. From a personal standpoint, I'd say no. If anything, I think I've become a little more assertive over the years, not less. However, I've been much less strident.

I gotta cut this out. I have a deadline in an hour.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:55 AM

37,589 posts, read 45,950,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
if someone hurt my wife or kids I would gladly sit in prison for a few years to get them back. I think it's an attitude that changes as your kids get old enough to protect them selves,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
A level of aggression never previously felt or seen in my existence will be automatically triggered if you f*** with my children...
Sorry to butt in, but I just wanted to comment here.

Cool to know that this does happen to a few guys. It sure happened to me...I did something I'd never in a million years think I would do, when I felt my infant son had been threatened. Later I was flabbergasted by how that innate protection-mode overtook me.

Old 04-13-2009, 07:57 AM

27 posts, read 51,614 times
It's different for me, because my career has taken me down a different path and made me quite a bit rougher. My girlfriend and I have grown apart somewhat.

Quote:
A level of aggression never previously felt or seen in my existence will be automatically triggered if you f*** with my children...
I think that's very natural!

Old 04-13-2009, 07:59 AM

1,255 posts, read 3,195,050 times
My wife Loves her Bad Boy.But must admit its been awhile since she had to Bail me out.

hillman

Old 04-13-2009, 08:11 AM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morphous01 View Post
My question for all you guys who are married or in long LONG term relationships do you all feel that you have lost your aggressive edge now that you have the women?

You know what I mean, do you find yourself taking less risk or finding your self less rough and aggressive?
I'm not sure what you mean by rough and aggressive? Please clarify.

Seriously though, I want to stay fit, cleaned-up....basically take care of myself so that my SO wants to do the same AND still gets hot for me. If both partners are working on that aspect of their relationship (and the others) it will make things very good.

If you meant sexually...well, I take things slow and find out what my partner likes. There are certain things one gal might love and another might hate...no way I'm going to be able to meet any more adventurous or specialized needs until that comes out over time. So yes, things probably get a little rougher\aggressive in this area over time...but not in a bad way.

Old 04-13-2009, 08:50 AM

12,953 posts, read 13,665,225 times
Sam Kinison, the comedien had a routine where he asked after the Chernobyl Nuclear reactor disaster, "What kind of guys are crazy enough to go into a Nuclear Reactor that has melted down?"
Married guys , they 'er already living in hell

Old 04-13-2009, 09:12 AM

200 posts, read 1,066,889 times
hmmm I'm aggressively working more with dangerous power tools now since I have a long honey-do list
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships