Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2009, 09:31 PM

3,853 posts, read 12,863,253 times

Advertisements

well there is always the other side of the story. If it wasn't for the prostitution business they would have already died. Just like those sweat shops we see using children and stuff. You have to look at the other side of the story. If it wasn't for the sweat shop hiring them they would have starved to death long ago. Even if they wouldn't starve they like the extra money because they would be able to buy things that they normally wouldn't be able to buy if they were just subsistence farmers. In a lot of these 3rd world nations a dollar buys you A LOT. It isn't like the US where everyone has to charge high prices so they can pay their 1,500/month rent.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:33 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
Send me the story to that. Sounds interesting.
I question humanity too. If year zero and the holocaust can happen....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Chow, I question humanity all the time...most recently, the story about the little girl from California who was killed by her Sunday school teacher has me wondering what kind of animals we are surrounded by...

Old 04-15-2009, 11:54 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,025,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Send me the story to that. Sounds interesting.
I question humanity too. If year zero and the holocaust can happen....
Here's the story. I hope this woman rots in Hell for all eternity.

First court appearance: Tracy woman accused of murder, rape in Sandra Cantu's death - San Jose Mercury News

Old 04-16-2009, 03:37 AM

4,103 posts, read 7,023,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstewart View Post
Chow, I question humanity all the time...most recently, the story about the little girl from California who was killed by her Sunday school teacher has me wondering what kind of animals we are surrounded by...
I question it also. Sometimes I have to give the news and newspapers a break because I will start crying watching and reading.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:28 AM

421 posts, read 2,533,675 times
Having been in the air force for 6 years I could also tell you a few stories about being overseas, but hey you only live once!

Old 04-16-2009, 08:51 AM

103 posts, read 399,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Anyway, I've heard these type of stories over the years and they always just leave me feeling cold inside and sad for these poor girls.

So I'm talking to this guy about this and I tell him that to me it's just sad. I try to explain about how its sheer desperation from being dirt poor. He just wasn't getting it. All he saw was how "cheap" it was to get all of that. Wasn't seeing the lack of compassion behind it.

I sometimes wonder about humanity at times.
I completely agree with you Chow, but there are just a lot of people out there who just don't care how they get it. I'm still weirded out by women selling themselves to get that LV bag and their Johns, but I'm really truly disgusted by some men and now some women taking advantage of their fellow human beings who are dirt poor.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:54 AM

5,475 posts, read 12,240,734 times
Those women in the PI knew the ship's schedule and when they would come into port, better than the sailors and their wives! Believe me--

Old 04-16-2009, 09:50 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Having read a DETAILED book on what REALLY went on in and around the gladiatorial games in Rome, we have come a Loooooong way baby. (Suffice to say that HBO could not make that book into a movie....one chapter was almost unreadable.)

Remember, we have wide news access anymore and the crazy\tragic stuff grabs our attention. So basically, when you hear the worst things being done by 300million people just in the US...there is an unending source of horror but the prevalence of such events is probably not a whole lot worse. (just more people, more reporting)

Old 04-16-2009, 10:24 AM

200 posts, read 1,066,889 times
not sure what the big fuzz is about. I see similar cases on C.O.P.S. shows and whenever I stay at a cheap motel (near racetracks) here in the US. And theyre butt ugly and fat and drugged and un-F-able. atleast navy men take baths, unlike these truckers.

Old 06-14-2009, 12:01 PM

1,828 posts, read 3,789,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv_it_here View Post
Don't feel so bad for all of them. Some of them are just as big of scam artists as we've got here in the States. My STBX was shelling out $500 a month to the "juicy girl" he supposedly fell in love with in Korea. To hear her side of the story, she had a sick aunt, and a sick grandma, and a sick kid back in the Phillipines, and she had cancer, and her husband left her (and you can't get a divorce in the Phillipines) and on, and on, and on . . .

Come to find out, she had the same racket going on with 3 other guys who were there still, and a few guys who had already been sent home. She was taking in close to $4K a month, outside of her job that did pay a wage, plus free room, which basically just required her to do whatever she could to get guys to buy more beer (read - act like a *****) She got a cut of the money for any "extra" services provided outside of her legal job duties.

Shame on her for making people like me despise everyone like that without stopping to see if their story is real or not, shame on me for being that cynical, and shame on the STBX for being that STUPID!!!!
I lived with a guy back in the 80's who married a "mail-order pen-pal" wife from the Phillipines. Once she got here, it was obvious she just wanted a way to get over here. She left him soon after that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships