U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Labor Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 12:40 PM

1,860 posts, read 2,428,475 times
Default spin-off from that thread about women knowing...

... within the first few moments of knowing a man if they'd sleep with him.

If there's 2 men. One has a face you like but a blah body. The other has an average face (not ugly) but a well-built body, one that has spent some time hitting the weights.

IF you felt the guy is one you could see yourself sleeping with, what would influence your decision - face or build?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 12:50 PM

43,282 posts, read 51,805,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post

If there's 2 men. One has a face you like but a blah body. The other has an average face (not ugly) but a well-built body, one that has spent some time hitting the weights.

IF you felt the guy is one you could see yourself sleeping with, what would influence your decision - face or build?
For the woman who only wants one hot night of sex, OF COURSE she's going with the guy with the good bod who lifts weights.

HOWEVER, far more women are actually looking for good guy relationship material - not just a sex partner. If the face is right, and you can tell A LOT by the face, I'm going with that guy.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:55 PM

6,987 posts, read 12,209,387 times
We all know the answer to that.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:57 PM

300 posts, read 458,766 times
There was a study what type of guys are perceived as good sex partners vs those as good life partners. Turned out totally different jobs.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:58 PM

1,567 posts, read 625,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaicheg View Post
There was a study what type of guys are perceived as good sex partners vs those as good life partners. Turned out totally different jobs.
what were the results?

Old 04-16-2009, 01:29 PM

2,130 posts, read 1,386,582 times
I prefer "okay"-looking guys to great-looking body builders. The average-looking guys try harder in bed and they work harder at relationships. I remember years ago getting intimate with a really good-looking guy. All he did was lay there. I didn't know that a MAN could be a "dead lay" until this guy. My nickname behind his back was "The Dead Fish" after that. I'm sorry. NOBODY is THAT good looking where you think all you have to do is lie there and the woman will do ALL the work.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:33 PM

3,548 posts, read 4,470,211 times
what would influence your decision - face or build?

If they don't open their mouth and have no body language? Because a snotty personality comes on you so fast... and hits you regardless of face/body.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:49 PM

17,379 posts, read 15,846,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprawling_Homeowner View Post

Without knowing anything else at all...without speaking to them?

Definitely build. An average face is just fine with me. I'm more concerned that someone takes care of themselves.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:13 PM
Status: "Chin up things can only get better" (set 10 days ago)

9,629 posts, read 12,826,325 times
Face for me - I have to look at it while we're bumping, right? I don't want to look at some Carrot Top looking dude (who happens to be ripped, btw) when I could be looking at Jason Lewis.

Old 04-16-2009, 02:46 PM

657 posts, read 1,342,893 times
I might walk away from both of them, or be interested in both, but all depends upon their personality, intelligence, and attitude, ie. how they treat me and other people, etc. And yes, that it something that I do take note of in the first 30 seconds of meeting them. (But I leave room to change my mind. )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships