Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 05:43 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,358,245 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
Women get ripped for it too. Ever hear the term "gold digger" ?
I was just thinking that ......either gold digger or prostitute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 06:16 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
Women don't get called the "b word" for nothing

Quote:
Women get ripped for it too. Ever hear the term "gold digger" ?

Old 04-16-2009, 06:46 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBT1980 View Post
I see people alway compalin theres men out there who treat women like objects,but by the fact i see soem women that are interested in how muchs a man makes,what he drives,how tall he is so her kids could be tall and have good genes isnt it safe to say just as many women treat men like theyre objects as it is the other way around??

Both of us use each other but it seems as if only men get ripped for it..
You're comparing apples to oranges. A man or a woman choosing a mate based on traits they'd like to pass on to their children is far different from using another person for your own personal gratification, for example.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:50 PM

300 posts, read 735,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
You're comparing apples to oranges. A man or a woman choosing a mate based on traits they'd like to pass on to their children is far different from using another person for your own personal gratification, for example.
The thing is, in a tightly knit family, it's hard to tell where the personal gratification ends and the family's gratification starts It's kind of all the same.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:51 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,392,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassTheChocolate View Post
In another thread, I stated I will only date successful men. Someone said it was code for wanting to be pampered.
I said that.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:58 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,114,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I said that.
BUT, what if a successful woman only wants to date successful men???

She's not gold-digging nor looking to be "pampered" but rather looking for her equal.

Old 04-16-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
BUT, what if a successful woman only wants to date successful men???

She's not gold-digging nor looking to be "pampered" but rather looking for her equal.
Well you know what,define successful and then I'll say further.There are plenty of successful "middle class wage earners" depending how you define successful but suspect that is not the definition most women mean when they say successful even though the guy might be successful in happiness,good looking,responsible,caring,doing what he wants to do,independent within his means who might be the kind of guy who gives you orgasms you thought you never could have and will hold your hand when you are bed ridden feeling sick?

If you choose a guy not that because he has extreme wealth in the bank over the other stuff than what else could you be but a gold digger?

Old 04-16-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Well you know what,define successful and then I'll say further.There are plenty of successful "middle class wage earners" depending how you define successful but suspect that is not the definition most women mean when they say successful even though the guy might be successful in happiness,good looking,responsible,caring,doing what he wants to do,independent within his means who might be the kind of guy who gives you orgasms you thought you never could have and will hold your hand when you are bed ridden feeling sick?

If you choose a guy not that because he has extreme wealth in the bank over the other stuff than what else could you be but a gold digger?
Errrr, En Ingles, Por Favor ?

Old 04-16-2009, 07:36 PM

I didn't stutter with my keystrokes choose.....

A~ guy filthy rich who will make you financially secure with all the finest bling you want yet is not attractive both physical and personality wise.

B~A guy good looking,fun,caring,loving,awesome sex.....yet you will live on a budget and live in a middleclass or even poor neighborhood

And no you can't say well the rich guy might be hot and loving also.No,the choice is a cranky demanding control freak rich guy with no good qualities other than being filthy rich or the guy who will provide emotionally and sexually yet limited finances.

Which guy do you marry?

Old 04-16-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
I didn't stutter with my keystrokes choose.....

A~ guy filthy rich who will make you financially secure with all the finest bling you want yet is not attractive both physical and personality wise.

B~A guy good looking,fun,caring,loving,awesome sex.....yet you will live on a budget and live in a middleclass neighborhood

And no you can't say well the rich guy might be hot and loving also.No,the choice is a cranky demanding control freak rich guy with no good qualities other than being filthy rich or the guy who will provide emotionally and sexually yet limited finances.

Which guy do you marry?
Sorry, but I still believe in guy "C", who has worked hard, invested wisely, lived frugally and can now enjoy the good life. He has also nurtured his mind and body and is smart and witty, and fit and handsome.

I know these men exist because I live with one every day.

I am a bit older and, hopefully, wiser. For younger women, faced with your gloom and doom, either/or scenario? I would say pick "B" and help him grow into a "C".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships