Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2011, 09:30 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,701,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
Yup - I do the Harlem line.
I bet we ran past each other many a time in grand central

Quote:
I HATE it when people don't move their bags!!! Drives me crazy!
I've been a culprit too Coz I move bags only for women LMAO Almost like a reflex action. Guys see I don't budge and they take a nearby seat and all of a sudden a woman appears and I'm all movey-budgey. Makes the guys look at me like I'm some benedict arnold bastard

Quote:
I'm trying! One of my pregnancy books keeps saying to tell yourself, "Surrender Dorothy!" from the Wizard of Oz. I keep repeating that to myself over and over!
Good luck, Dew, don't stress really. Weight gain during pregnancy is the norm, no point worrying about it.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:31 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,151,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Look...I can make a healthy, wholesome, tasty meal from scratch - from prep to clean-up (though my clean-up secret is that I clean up the entire time as I go along) - in less than an hour.

In fact, I did it tonight...my parents came over for dinner. My wife loves everything I make, my guests always rave (and come back over and over), so I am guessing these meals taste pretty good, too.
I try to clean up as I go - but towards the end - I always fail! I usually have too many things going on at once at the end to keep up with the dishes. I'm just a mess in the kitchen! But the food tastes good!

Well, I'm a mess everywhere, really...

Old 04-21-2011, 09:33 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,316,443 times
Quote:
I try to clean up as I go - but towards the end - I always fail! I usually have too many things going on at once at the end to keep up with the dishes. I'm just a mess in the kitchen! But the food tastes good!

To be fair, multitasking is my job, so I have gotten really, really good at it.

Btw, congratulations, momma!

Old 04-21-2011, 09:33 PM

37,566 posts, read 45,928,580 times
Quote:
I love to cook! I cook all the time now that we moved into a house from a studio apartment and we have a nice, big kitchen! However - it takes me a long time to make meals and even longer to clean up! I'm not a neat person. My husband says it looks like a tornado has hit the kitchen whenever I've been cooking! And a lot of it usually ends up on my clothes, in my hair, on the floor, on the dog! But the food tastes really good - and that's all that matters - right! It rarely takes me less than an hour to make dinner.
My BF knows I love to cook, and that I like making everything from scratch. So when he's pooped and just wants to eat, he'll ask me to just keep it simple. But he loves everything I make, and is happy that I enjoy cooking.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:35 PM

37,566 posts, read 45,928,580 times
Quote:

Cleaning up is my least favorite part. I also try to do it as I go....but often that doesn't work well with what I'm trying to cook.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:39 PM

20,699 posts, read 19,340,722 times
Quote:
You take the metro north? I take the metro north! I just got off the train a little bit ago. I almost always have someone sitting next to me - I'm small so I think people always like to sit next to a small person. Luckily, they have mostly been average size people. But I have been squished many a time on a plane before. But to be honest - I feel sorry for obese people. I don't know how they got to be the way they are - and I know most of them aren't happy. People can say they are just lazy or whatever - but it's sort of like many things - there's more to it than meets the eye.
Dewdrop93,

So do I. And its almost as bad as a lie. In Jr high, if I had heard "you look like a beached whale that grew legs" from a friend, perhaps I would not have heard it from my enemy. Yes, there were other poets in those days. I had arrow heads still in my body because the surgeons said they were too deep. With no ether, I dug them out myself and saved my contempt for misplaced compassion.

Quote:
It's funny - it seems that all of the people arguing back and forth on this thread are healthy people who exercise! I know I usually exercise 4-6 days a week. It's been a little bit harder now that I'm pregnant - but I still aim for at least 3-4 days a week. It's been easier now that I'm not so nauseous every single day!

I might be a bit overly sensitive to those with weight problems right now also because I'm pregnant and have never weighed this much in my life. I feel like a cow - and I've only gained about 12-14 pounds so far. I had to buy a dress for an event coming up - and it was pure torture! My once hourglass physique looks like a butterball! My arms look pudgy! It's awful! I mean - I've always felt fat even though I've never been fat - but now I feel like I really am fat!!! My husband thinks I look amazing - which is helping me get through this. I keep telling him - You did this to me!!!
You were working out with your husband at night weren't you?

Old 04-21-2011, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
To be fair, multitasking is my job, so I have gotten really, really good at it.

Btw, congratulations, momma!
Singing is my job - and I can sing while I cook - but somehow, that doesn't help keep things neat and tidy!

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
My BF knows I love to cook, and that I like making everything from scratch. So when he's pooped and just wants to eat, he'll ask me to just keep it simple. But he loves everything I make, and is happy that I enjoy cooking.
When my hubby wants something quick - he knows he has to make it himself! I don't do simple very well. Even things that should be simple seem to be more complicated when I make them!

Quote:
Cleaning up is my least favorite part. I also try to do it as I go....but often that doesn't work well with what I'm trying to cook.
I hate cleaning!!! I hate cleaning everything. But when I get it into my head to actually clean - I get so obsessive about it that I basically scrub the entire house with a toothbrush! Doesn't happen very often.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
You were working out with your husband at night weren't you?
Not in the same way!

Old 04-21-2011, 09:42 PM

15,714 posts, read 21,059,854 times
Quote:
We share clean-up duties.

He starts on the dishes and I pack up his lunch for the following day (typically it's leftovers). Then I put the rest of the food away.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:43 PM

20,699 posts, read 19,340,722 times
Quote:
His poop starts out well then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.