Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 12:02 PM

943 posts, read 3,160,172 times

Advertisements

Do anyone of you feel like you have a secret RELATIONSHIP with the people on TV? I sure do. For 10 years I have been watching the local news so I can see my sweetie (one of the female anchors). I just love her. I always thought she must be so nice and personable in the real world and always was so impressed how she handles her self. I love her haircut, clothes and neat accent.

Up to know I had never seen her outside of my television set. But at lunch I went over to the local mall for lunch and there she was in the flesh looking at shoes in the Nordstroms. My first reaction when I saw her was that she "looked like someone." That something extra many people in the public eye have. A charisma, the perfect skin, the style, the charm!

I wanted to approach her and tell her while happily married, she was still my dream woman. But I froze up and ended up just staring at her. She must of felt like I was one of the many nuts that she comes across being a local celebrity. But what can I say. What would you do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2009, 12:07 PM

3,047 posts, read 9,033,091 times
i work in the thompson center in downtown chicago (Rod Blagojevich's old building since it is the State Building) so I often saw anchorwomen from all the major news networks many times during the week. I'm a state employee and they were always looking to get state worker's opinions. I often smiled at the ones I liked and they smiled back if they even noticed. They just look so much more sexy in person...

Check out this fox, I've interacted with her a couple of times:

Tera Williams Bio (http://www.myfoxchicago.com/dpp/about_us/personalities/Tera_Bio - broken link)

Old 04-20-2009, 12:55 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
I think it would have been much better if you had followed her at a discreet distance all the way to the parking deck. I think she really would have appreciated the gesture. She probably would have stuck her tongue in your ear, as a matter of fact.

Old 04-20-2009, 12:59 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weekend Traveler View Post
Do anyone of you feel like you have a secret RELATIONSHIP with the people on TV? I sure do. For 10 years I have been watching the local news so I can see my sweetie (one of the female anchors). I just love her. I always thought she must be so nice and personable in the real world and always was so impressed how she handles her self. I love her haircut, clothes and neat accent.

Up to know I had never seen her outside of my television set. But at lunch I went over to the local mall for lunch and there she was in the flesh looking at shoes in the Nordstroms. My first reaction when I saw her was that she "looked like someone." That something extra many people in the public eye have. A charisma, the perfect skin, the style, the charm!

I wanted to approach her and tell her while happily married, she was still my dream woman. But I froze up and ended up just staring at her. She must of felt like I was one of the many nuts that she comes across being a local celebrity. But what can I say. What would you do?
Your feelings are common, I think. You need to understand that while those people look perfect and sound perfect and do a great job, they are people just like you and I. She has smelly poots and engages in all other bodily functions, just like we do, and even though she may have a great haircut, you can bet she looks A LOT different with no makeup on.

Worse yet, she might have some really annoying habit like crunching ice, or popping knuckles or something that might drive you bonkers!

20yrsinBranson

Old 04-20-2009, 01:03 PM

4,837 posts, read 8,855,157 times
Quote:
I wanted to approach her and tell her while happily married, she was still my dream woman. But I froze up......
Her lucky day!

This seems to be what passes for relationships today. I'll bet that she's just one of those talking heads, with mostly vacuum between the ears. She likely got the job because somebody gave his son the local channel to run. Its cheaper than a movie studio and the "casting couch" is closer to home. (You never know what those LA juries might do!)

When there were 3 channels, the person delivering the weather was likely a geeky middle ages guy. Now, with the multi channel universe, it seems to be mainly an opportunity to hire the latest "date" you found on the "sugar daddy" website.

Sad thing is, this sort of hiring "preference" doesn't only apply to the media. Successful corporations also hire this way. Don't expect the recession to change this. Its actually easier to hire for looks when the economy is sour. This means you can extort ever more unpaid overtime from the rest of your staff while, they are prevented from leaving.

Productivity goes up while your ******* goes up!

Old 04-20-2009, 01:11 PM

434 posts, read 933,684 times
You guys are "chasing" the famous and rich

Then turn around BS girls trying to be famous and rich

Or, maybe those trying toooo hard

Unfair game

Old 04-20-2009, 01:31 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,153,037 times
On another note, I am childhood friends with a celeb (Won't tell you who). She was on a long-running sitcom a few years ago. She's gotten to the point where she can't even go to the drug store to buy feminine hygiene products without some love-struck idiot introducing himself. She really, really hates it and the general creepiness it inspires.

Old 04-20-2009, 03:57 PM

9,846 posts, read 22,675,687 times
When I worked in Vail and Aspen and was around celebs all the time, the rule was you never brought up who they were or what they did. You just acted like you didn't know who they were.

And after meeting my first celeb and subsequently with everyone after, I realized they were regular people too and never really as tall, pretty, handsome, witty, charming as you thought they were from being on tv or in movies.

I did enjoy Liz Hurley's boobies in Aspen at the Hotel Jerome though. Quite nice. They were everything I expected them to be.

Old 04-20-2009, 04:09 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
Quote:

I'm SO glad you didn't walk up to her and say that. She would have probably called mall security!!!

Old 04-20-2009, 04:42 PM

19,632 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
I'm SO glad you didn't walk up to her and say that. She would have probably called mall security!!!
Agreed. Of all things to say, why that (dreamgirl = creepy)? It would be cool to say you recognize her and compliment her on her work, I'm sure she'd prefer that to the other thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships