Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 07:45 PM

3,762 posts, read 5,423,246 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boneheaded View Post
Yes I do want to open the "can of worms" and yes the records do show progress. My counselor has documented the steps I have made and the progression along the way. Yes this does say I have been making progress. As far as no getting them out sooner, if this is the worst that can be said ok fine. I am guilty of trying to make a marriage work and trying to get my kids mother help. I don't think I am going to need to much of a defense on that front.

IDK about you and your husband Ivory, but I'M NOT HIM. See you keep coming at me like we are in the same situation. If this is true then you really need help. If you insist on drawing the connection you really need to look in the mirror. My wife is not someone you want to be aligned with. Trying to say we are in the same boat means that you are abusive. With the amount of times you keep coming at me I have to assume you are just like her. Please go see someone before you do anymore damage to your kids or hubs.

Saying your lawyer would have eaten me for lunch is about asinine. You don't know anything about her or her actions you only know that you try to connect me to your hubby. I swear you are one rude nasty lady.

Why would you continue to try and grief me or my situation?

What do you get out of it other than causing me pain?

You say all this in the name of good luck. but then add we would have eaten you for lunch. I swear you are a really sad angry person that needs to go see someone.
Well said! I was getting the same vibe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 09:28 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,114,593 times
Hey Bone, I'm so glad that you may be able to get your kids without a nasty custody battle. Best of luck.

Old 04-27-2009, 11:26 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,706,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOPbaby View Post
That depends on each individual state (abandonment) and I don't believe with a legal separation they would consider it that (as separated couples do not normally live together). Besides, if both names are on the mortgage, legally they each own 1/2 of it. Usually, one party buys out the other or the judge orders it sold with the proceeds split (and this can happen even if she isn't on the mortgage depending on the state).
I haven't gone through all the replies yet but yes, abandonment is a claim only before a legal seperation...once filed, either can legitimately move out without being accused of desertion - as long as all responsibilities are met.

However, by him leaving the primary residence, he opens himself up to property destruction by her hand. If she's a bit unhinged at times, she might do something intentionally stupid. No?

Can he afford to make the house payments and pay rent and whatever support toward her (if applicable) and the children if not moving out with him...it gets complicated and expensive.

I would hate to be in his position. Knowing nothing of the events that lead up to this, am answering cold.

Last edited by 33458; 04-27-2009 at 11:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships