Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 10:21 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,639,028 times

Advertisements

I'm just curious, why did you need to add the adjective "curvy", LOL it doesnt have any relevance to your question - but, I digress. Being the dancer that I am, here is what you have to do... ready?
You... put your right foot in, you take your right foot out, you put your right foot in and you shake it all about... you do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself about, that's what it's all about!! LOL

Sorry, I could not resist. I'm sure the foul weather has something to do with my demeanor today LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 10:51 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,023,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaspercheron View Post
I'm just curious, why did you need to add the adjective "curvy", LOL it doesnt have any relevance to your question - but, I digress. Being the dancer that I am, here is what you have to do... ready?
You... put your right foot in, you take your right foot out, you put your right foot in and you shake it all about... you do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself about, that's what it's all about!! LOL

Sorry, I could not resist. I'm sure the foul weather has something to do with my demeanor today LOL
What if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about???!!!

Old 04-22-2009, 10:57 AM

1,776 posts, read 4,002,931 times
Just go out there and have fun. That will make it a lot easier. I tend to be self conscious when dancing, but if you don't sweat it, you'll be fine. The fact that you agreed is points enough.

And throw a 'confidence booster' back before you hit the floor. This helps as well LOL

Old 04-22-2009, 11:00 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,023,591 times
You don't need a 'confidence booster'. LOL. I dance every day and I'm not self conscious and I don't need a drink or a hit of crack.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:07 AM

1,691 posts, read 3,849,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by At1WithNature View Post
Hopefully, I end up going out with this curvy 21 year old babe I met in class. I don't even know why she's going to go out with me. Oh yeah, she's from Germany and doesn't know anyone yet. But I am terribly afraid to admit that I do not know how to dance and she's told me that she loves to dance. Any idea on how to dance to music like this:

Any and all replies would be helpful. I thank you in advance. I'm in my mid 20's and never learned to dance...surely, i can't be the only one...ya gotta help me, plz.
do some research head out to some dance clubs in your area watch what the average kids do. Most likely it is just a simple jive step because the floor will be soo crowded aint got much more room then that.
also find out where she likes to dance at if it is a club that is easy most anything goes at a club/disco.
someone else said pratice. and i agree. use your eyes see what you like and practice.
Back in the day I learn to dance from most all of Janet Jackson:

YouTube - Janet Jackson - Nasty Boys
most anything by prince: (I just like this video)

YouTube - prince - Batdance (Batman Theme Soundtrack) 1989

Also Morris Day, Shenna Easton, Lisa Lisa, Paula Abdul, etc.
The secret is to isolate a few (currently hot) cool moves that you are able to do and then make them yours with in your own moves. Having a decent sense of rythmn helps.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:19 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,680,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
You don't need a 'confidence booster'. LOL. I dance every day and I'm not self conscious and I don't need a drink or a hit of crack.
Well, most people are self-conscious while dancing in public. You are one of the lucky ones who isn't. I took ballet and jazz for years and still was too shy to get on the dance floor. I don't know anything about crack but a drink can't hurt--not to boost the confidence, but maybe help relax a little.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships