Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 10:39 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,949,032 times

Advertisements

"Do you have any plans this Saturday?"

Last weekend I just plainly said. "Nope."

So then she proceeds to say, "Good cause I want to go to my mother's house cause she has some yard work and stuff to do and she could use your help."

I'm like, "Uh Uh Uh...."

So this time she asked me today, "Do you have any plans this Saturday?"

I was about to say... and then it hit me....Loaded question. I'm not going to fall for that one again. I said, "Why? What do you have planned?"

"I asked you first." She says.

I was wondering if there are any other guys out there that have been hooked into visiting the inlaws because they were tricked??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 10:44 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,642,263 times
You should always have plans, always have plans!!!

Old 04-22-2009, 10:52 AM

1,776 posts, read 4,003,737 times
I don't like that question either. Sometimes I don't have plans because I don't want plans, and I want to mope around my crib to do what I need to do in the pace I please. So when asked that question I usually have something like housework or something in place, so when I ask 'why' back and she tells me her plans, I can choose to accept hers or uphold my original plans.

And if I hear something like 'I asked you first' I immediately assume it's something that's not desireable.

Old 04-22-2009, 10:55 AM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,358,051 times
No because when I get questions like that I ask "why?" before I answer them.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:12 AM

15,639 posts, read 41,032,900 times
I'm turning into a mean old hag because if I'm not keen on whatever plan my husband happens to have for "us", I just won't go along with it. I'm just to the point where I'm not going to do anything I don't want to do anymore. A good example of this is: We are invited to a wedding in October. His mother is also invited. I've already told hubs after the last fiasco, that I wasn't going up there (San Fran) to see his family anymore. I'm old enough to choose who I will and who I won't allow into my life. So, this wedding is in Carmel - but his mother won't fly, so he says if she accepts the invite and wants to go, WE will have to fly up to SF, pick her ass up and drive the 4 or 5 hours down to Carmel, she'll stay with us at the hotel, and then another 4-5 hours taking her back to SF, then head to the airport and fly back to SoCal. You know what? It aint happening. If she accepts, HE can fly to SF and pick her up. I'll either skip the wedding, or I'll fly into San Jose and drive to Carmel and meet up with him and his mom. Then he can drive her back to SF too.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:14 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,702,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funymann View Post
"Do you have any plans this Saturday?"

Last weekend I just plainly said. "Nope."

So then she proceeds to say, "Good cause I want to go to my mother's house cause she has some yard work and stuff to do and she could use your help."

I'm like, "Uh Uh Uh...."

So this time she asked me today, "Do you have any plans this Saturday?"

I was about to say... and then it hit me....Loaded question. I'm not going to fall for that one again. I said, "Why? What do you have planned?"

"I asked you first." She says.

I was wondering if there are any other guys out there that have been hooked into visiting the inlaws because they were tricked??
The next time this happens again, tell her, "Hunny, the weekends should be for YOU and ME, not for OTHER PEOPLE's chores. So do me a favor and do NOT volunteer me for anything unless I volunteer myself."

Old 04-22-2009, 11:15 AM

2,751 posts, read 5,363,036 times
Good for you Twinkle. I'm pretty much the same way these days. Life is short and slipping away everyday. No time for misery. No time for as*sholes.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:26 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,778,598 times
No, but a good friend of mine gets me with that approach from time to time. That's his way of catching me off guard when he's about to hit me up for a favor. I told him it's not necessary to try and dupe me into doing him a favor, but he's grown accustomed to that method of approaching people.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:30 AM

7,005 posts, read 21,333,578 times
The wife: "What are we doing this weekend?"

Me: "Well, I had something in mind but I just don't remember it right now. Why?"

The wife: "Because I wanted to go to Valerie's."

Me: "Oh now I remember. I wanted to fix a (come up with a car related problem) that needs to be taken care of before it turns into a major repair issue."

The wife: "Oh, Ok then. I'll give her a call and let her know we can't make it."

Me: (inside me: YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!)

Old 04-22-2009, 11:31 AM

1,776 posts, read 4,003,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
The wife: "What are we doing this weekend?"

Me: "Well, I had something in mind but I just don't remember it right now. Why?"

The wife: "Because I wanted to go to Valerie's."

Me: "Oh now I remember. I wanted to fix a (come up with a car related problem) that needs to be taken care of before it turns into a major repair issue."

The wife: "Oh, Ok then. I'll give her a call and let her know we can't make it."

Me: (inside me: YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!)
Slick one, Cat~
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships