U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-24-2009, 01:50 PM

15,230 posts, read 25,308,545 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire View Post
Well said MLV.
And who is Susan Boyle? Never heard the name.

YouTube - Susan Boyle - Britains Got Talent 2009 Episode 1 - Saturday 11th April

She's probably very content living her life without a man to push her around and squash her dream!

Old 04-24-2009, 01:54 PM

Location: Gilbert, Arizona... a suburb of metro Phoenix in the East Valley
154 posts, read 177,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post

YouTube - Susan Boyle - Britains Got Talent 2009 Episode 1 - Saturday 11th April

She's probably very content living her life without a man to push her around and squash her dream!
I agree. She sure grips that mic as though it were akin to her 'partner' in lieu of a man.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:57 PM

Location: Gilbert, Arizona... a suburb of metro Phoenix in the East Valley
154 posts, read 177,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Brian, interesting post. Now, imagine this: next week you meet two women, both of whom seem interested in you. One is plain (the low end of plain... you can see yourself having sex with her, but it takes a second to warm up to the idea) but has good character. The other one reminds you a lot of your ex. Which one do you pursue?
ANYONE BUT WHO REMINDS ME OF THE EX... SHE CAN HAVE A BAG OVER HER FACE EVEN... LOL.

Oh, sorry, WC - wrong Brian - LOL - that is my real first name, however... I go bi my middle name, 'Ted' (for short). Blame my mom.

Old 04-24-2009, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TednGilbertAZ View Post
ANYONE BUT WHO REMINDS ME OF THE EX... SHE CAN HAVE A BAG OVER HER FACE EVEN... LOL.

Oh, sorry, WC - wrong Brian - LOL - that is my real first name, however... I go bi my middle name, 'Ted' (for short). Blame my mom.
Ted, I notice every time you post and the word "by" is part of it, you spell it "bi". Is there something you're not telling us???

Old 04-24-2009, 02:12 PM

This is a secret message to Piperspal - here goes:

Pipers, you know what that's all about!

Old 04-24-2009, 04:07 PM

42,970 posts, read 19,925,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livewire
Well said MLV.
And who is Susan Boyle? Never heard the name.
Quote:
"Probably" - Is the key word here, Twinkle Toes - But to suggest that every man is going to push her around, and squash her dreams is a little extreme. Not every man is like that.

Old 04-24-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
"Probably" - Is the key word here, Twinkle Toes - But to suggest that every man is going to push her around, and squash her dreams is a little extreme. Not every man is like that.
Awwww, Mikey! I know YOU aren't a dream squasher!

Old 04-24-2009, 04:23 PM

42,970 posts, read 19,925,837 times
Quote:
Awwww, Mikey! I know YOU aren't a dream squasher!
Thanks Twinkle Toes... I've had enough dreams squashed in the dating world, so I know how it feels.

The only "Squash" that I think about, is the edible kind you get at the grocery store, green and yellow squash in particular.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:30 PM

550 posts, read 795,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelcarter2008 View Post
Ive met quite a few women in my time and I noticed that some of the most gorgeous women by most ppl standards were single. I always would ask why are they single and the usuall reply is they havn't found Mr right. However once I got to know them I noticed they are control freaks with compulsive disorders. or jsut plain old crazy. have any guys had these same experiences?
No especially not since I moved to this small town where my sister lives... I have not yet seen even one attractive woman who has not been at least holding the hand of a guy or talking about her boyfriend who is typicly watching over her surroundings like a hawk, a week ago I started talking to this chick in the gym, 2 seconds after I get into the locker room for a zip of water a dude +retarded sidekick comes in after me and starts asking me what I was saying to his girlfriend....

I've lived here for like 3 weeks now, and I'm starting to wonder if there is even one single girl in this town who is single...

Old 04-24-2009, 09:18 PM

158 posts, read 357,224 times
In my thirties now. I've met only a few really attractive girls my age who are single. I think someday one of them might be cool, but so far: 1)serious lack of emotion, 2)stuck on self and image, 3)commitment issues, 4)looking for (not the same as NOTICING, unfortunately for them) red flags. So, I continue to date the young ones (which is the fault you can now blast ME for).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships