U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-24-2009, 10:53 PM

15,410 posts, read 14,712,786 times

Advertisements

Because they are mean!

Old 04-24-2009, 10:59 PM

42,843 posts, read 54,857,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeegirl313 View Post
Because they are mean!
Did you just call yourself ugly, sweets?

Old 04-25-2009, 01:03 AM

3,844 posts, read 8,337,327 times
I absolutely love this thread.

Everyone is right. If a woman is smart and beautiful she SHOULD NOT get married (or have kids).

I repeat, do not get married.

Why settle to get married when you can stay single and bang as many guys as you want! Love that

Quote:
Yall can make a million excuses for them all you want. but the fact is they are alone.
Not sure where this stereotype came from. That if you are single you are somehow alone in this world. Single people have lots of friends and just because you are single doesn't mean you don't have lovers who care about you. The only thing single means is that you aren't committed to anyone but alone? Far from it.

The only single people who are alone are the ones who CHOOSE to not go out and meet others.

Old 04-25-2009, 05:52 AM

2,516 posts, read 3,011,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer2021 View Post
The only single people who are alone are the ones who CHOOSE to not go out and meet others.

Old 04-25-2009, 06:00 AM

1,461 posts, read 2,871,519 times
Default Why are so many beautiful women single?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelcarter2008 View Post
Ive met quite a few women in my time and I noticed that some of the most gorgeous women by most ppl standards were single. I always would ask why are they single and the usuall reply is they havn't found Mr right. However once I got to know them I noticed they are control freaks with compulsive disorders. or jsut plain old crazy. have any guys had these same experiences?
I am not a guy but I have a gorgeous niece who is 34 and has never been married and I can pretty much tell you why. First, she dated and then lived with a guy for over 10 years who had no intentions of marrying her but she continued to hang tough with him. She finally had enough and broke up with him then went wild on dating websites which I kept telling her was not a great way to meet someone who was serious. She finally met a great guy but he dumped her after 4 or 5 months..why? Well, first of all, although she is sweet, she is full of herself. Very into making sure everyone knows how pretty she is.

Next, she spends money like a drunken sailor, has an addiction to shopping, doesn't pay her bills and it is all about looking good not surviving in this bad economy. She also is way too picky about how a guy looks never mind what a great guy he could be...shallow I guess.

No amount of talking to her or trying to steer her in the right direction has worked...she is out partying, drinking and raising hell all the time and is slowly starting to show her age from the fast lifestyle. I wish I could save her but like most overconfident, beautiful women who are full of themselves, you can't tell her anything either. Very sad.

So to answer your question, SOME beautiful women are too full of themselves to be able to share a life with anyone else and the being full of themselves is a complete turn off for any decent guy out there looking for a permanent relationship.

Now...don't all you beautiful gals out there give me hell cuz I know you are not all like this, was just stating one case in particular.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:45 AM

9,718 posts, read 12,479,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
Next, she spends money like a drunken sailor, has an addiction to shopping, doesn't pay her bills and it is all about looking good not surviving in this bad economy. She also is way too picky about how a guy looks never mind what a great guy he could be...shallow I guess.

No amount of talking to her or trying to steer her in the right direction has worked...she is out partying, drinking and raising hell all the time and is slowly starting to show her age from the fast lifestyle. I wish I could save her but like most overconfident, beautiful women who are full of themselves, you can't tell her anything either. Very sad.

So to answer your question, SOME beautiful women are too full of themselves to be able to share a life with anyone else and the being full of themselves is a complete turn off for any decent guy out there looking for a permanent relationship.

Now...don't all you beautiful gals out there give me hell cuz I know you are not all like this, was just stating one case in particular.
Gee I've seen some women like that.

I would consider myself a decent guy around her age and the party animal lifestyle and wild spending would be red flags to me. Whatever her other redeeming qualities might be I wouldn't touch her with a ten foot pole.

I think the beauty thing is over rated. The worst women I have ever dated were ones that had the beauty aura around them. And honestly their boobs or butts really were not any better or maybe worse than a reasonably fit "average" woman that flys under the radar.

The women that are really done up with all the hair and makeup and flash clothes and maybe even fake boobs, that actually tells me something is amiss. It's like a "big talker" that tells big stories to get attention yet is totally full of crap. Women that are all done up like that tell me they are actually hiding something underneath all the fake exterior paint.

Old 04-26-2009, 11:55 PM

549 posts, read 1,130,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelcarter2008 View Post
Ive met quite a few women in my time and I noticed that some of the most gorgeous women by most ppl standards were single. I always would ask why are they single and the usuall reply is they havn't found Mr right. However once I got to know them I noticed they are control freaks with compulsive disorders. or jsut plain old crazy. have any guys had these same experiences?

they are probably lesbians...

Old 04-27-2009, 12:40 AM

468 posts, read 767,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
Why are so many beautiful women single? Because they're SMART!!!!!
Are you implying that marriage is a dumb idea?
And that a smart person stays single?

Old 04-27-2009, 01:16 AM

15,237 posts, read 25,509,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeSmartHippies View Post
Are you implying that marriage is a dumb idea?
And that a smart person stays single?
So ... whatcha gonna do about it if I am?????

Old 04-27-2009, 01:16 AM

4,838 posts, read 5,184,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Connecticut Pam View Post
I am not a guy but I have a gorgeous niece who is 34 and has never been married and I can pretty much tell you why. First, she dated and then lived with a guy for over 10 years who had no intentions of marrying her but she continued to hang tough with him. She finally had enough and broke up with him then went wild on dating websites which I kept telling her was not a great way to meet someone who was serious. She finally met a great guy but he dumped her after 4 or 5 months..why? Well, first of all, although she is sweet, she is full of herself. Very into making sure everyone knows how pretty she is.

You pretty well summed it up. This IS NOT just one example.

Some smarten up, just in time but its unlikely that most will make a good pick. Rush decisions seldom work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships