U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 03:32 PM

8,063 posts, read 11,536,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelcarter2008 View Post
Yall can make a million excuses for them all you want. but the fact is they are alone. have you met ppl that have been alone for a long time . they are bitter and or they will say like im looking for mrs right well maybe there is something wrong with you.
Sorry, and I know you can't seem to understand this BUT being a single, confident, content woman who has lots of interests is FAR preferable to saddling oneself to a jackass who may negatively impact your life. Been there, done that, would never do it again.

Bitter? No, I don't think so! The bitter ones I see are the married women whose husbands look admiringly at us or who see us doing exactly what we want to do while they are bound to their less-than-stellar men. I belong to a social group of single women over 30 and we actually have MARRIED women joining us for social events because their husbands are giant bores.

Old 04-23-2009, 03:52 PM

857 posts, read 854,192 times
Quote:
Ive met quite a few women in my time and I noticed that some of the most gorgeous women by most ppl standards were single. I always would ask why are they single and the usuall reply is they havn't found Mr right. However once I got to know them I noticed they are control freaks with compulsive disorders. or jsut plain old crazy. have any guys had these same experiences?
Disclaimer: This is a generalization, the contents of this message may not apply to you, please do not feel the need to post a counterpoint based on your own experience

To maintain beauty requires a lot of work for women. Most guys do not fathom how much time they spend worrying about/maintaining themselves. I mean try to think of how much time they use just getting ready to go out... and thats just for one night! They work at this round the clock! Its dieting, shopping, exercising, tanning, etc etc etc... how are these women supposed to find the time to worry about what they want or what it is they really need to make them happy??? I mean they have to get ready for tonight

Old 04-23-2009, 03:58 PM

7,483 posts, read 8,411,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangles View Post
There is a reason why attractive women have to reject guys that come up to them : they don't have the time to deal with it. Imagine an attractive women that takes public transportation to work and walks on the streets every day. Odds are she gets hit on 5 times, which is a generous assumption. Over the year, thats 1000 guys. Even if she WAS interested, its not possible to commit to that.

She has to filter those guys out even to function on a daily basis.

These women don't have issues I believe. In fact, if you talk to them correctly, these women can be nice. Guys are generic; a dime a dozen. They get drunk and hit on girls, which is linear and predictable. women love the attention and thats about it. the key thing, and the difficult thing is to be different and interesting compared to the rest of the pack.
And the funny part is that while those women complain about being bombarded, in a few years they'll be complaining about the lack of attention and how guys are chasing after younger women.

Old 04-23-2009, 04:07 PM

3,088 posts, read 5,833,299 times
because they haven't met me

Old 04-23-2009, 08:42 PM

657 posts, read 1,409,554 times
I am acquainted with some women who range from very stunning to beautiful to pretty to cute. The cute ones get a lot of dates. They are asked out often. Guys seem to feel comfortable around them. But the more beautiful and stunning ones aren't asked out nearly as much.

I'm not sure why but I speculate that a lot of guys automatically think these women are taken; they just assume they've got boyfriends already. Or that they are so attractive, they are a little bit out of their league. And I've watched some guys at work approach and show interest with a pretty woman, but they are so obviously struck by how she looks, that the woman getting the attention just doesn't take the guy seriously. Some women don't feel much interest in a guy who just seems to like them for how they look. And some of them are shy in spite of their beauty, so guys often think they are a little aloof or stuck up.

My advice would be figure out if you like such a woman for other traits besides just her looks, and if you do, don't hesitate to try to get to know her or ask her out. She may be happily surprised that you did.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:56 PM

15,230 posts, read 25,308,545 times
Quote:
Yall can make a million excuses for them all you want. but the fact is they are alone. have you met ppl that have been alone for a long time . they are bitter and or they will say like im looking for mrs right well maybe there is something wrong with you.
You have some learning to do. Being alone doesn't necessarily mean being lonely. I prefer my alone time, because I like myself ... a lot!

Old 04-23-2009, 09:02 PM

8,002 posts, read 13,198,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post
You have some learning to do. Being alone doesn't necessarily mean being lonely. I prefer my alone time, because I like myself ... a lot!
Sheesh, I hope your mother-in-law doesn't have Keys to your house

Old 04-23-2009, 09:05 PM

20,289 posts, read 16,715,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle Toes View Post

Nothing wrong with alone time, Im one who likes it a lot too. And believe me, Ive had options come my direction. ....

Old 04-23-2009, 09:15 PM

11,000 posts, read 7,120,583 times
All the guys always assume I'm single. What does that mean?

Old 04-23-2009, 09:25 PM

15,230 posts, read 25,308,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonaLisaVito View Post
Sheesh, I hope your mother-in-law doesn't have Keys to your house
Not THAT much!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships