Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2009, 06:06 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,644,862 times

Advertisements

Brian, interesting post. Now, imagine this: next week you meet two women, both of whom seem interested in you. One is plain (the low end of plain... you can see yourself having sex with her, but it takes a second to warm up to the idea) but has good character. The other one reminds you a lot of your ex. Which one do you pursue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbrian12 View Post
i dated a really good looking woman and all she did was use me and kick me to the curb when somthin better came along

turns out thats how she rolls
it wasnt till after the fact that i found that out
she works guys for a few months and then leaves

you know what she skated through life on looks and using people
she is gonna be old and gray someday bitchin about there is no mr right

well she aint mrs right
so there

Old 04-24-2009, 07:01 AM

911 posts, read 2,375,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Brian, interesting post. Now, imagine this: next week you meet two women, both of whom seem interested in you. One is plain (the low end of plain... you can see yourself having sex with her, but it takes a second to warm up to the idea) but has good character. The other one reminds you a lot of your ex. Which one do you pursue?

prob the plain one
unless she looks like a train wreck
cause the pretty ones are too high maintenance
and use there looks to take advantage
and you have to deal with dudes hitting on the pretty ones all the time

Old 04-24-2009, 07:21 AM

5,781 posts, read 11,873,729 times
Default prob the plain one?

Hmmm...even average looking women (say 6/7) are not simple to deal with in our days and time....oh, I've got an idea....what about SUSAN BOYLE?

Old 04-24-2009, 07:24 AM

911 posts, read 2,375,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigeonhole View Post
what about SUSAN BOYLE?

hahahaha
at least she will never cheat

Old 04-24-2009, 07:26 AM

8,002 posts, read 18,606,137 times
looks having nothing to do with infidelity

Old 04-24-2009, 07:46 AM

27,345 posts, read 27,397,752 times
Well said MLV.
And who is Susan Boyle? Never heard the name.

Old 04-24-2009, 08:20 AM

8,518 posts, read 15,641,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Guys are into narcissistic women, however, from my experience narcissists are highly rejecting people. They aren't people persons unless you have something they want, and it usually isn't sex. Ha ha.
Not all guys are into narcissists. Sooner or later, they get tired of being with someone who's a user and wants to be the center of attention. Speaking of narcissists, I wonder if there's a correlation between women who spend a lot of time on Facebook and Twitter and their relationship history. I'd bet there is. The attention hogs love Twitter and having followers. I bet they love having a guy who'll make them the center of his universe too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
Who says so? My friends all used to use this one trick and it always worked. You pick up a woman and lock both car doors. When you walk her over to your car you unlock her door and let her in, then you walk over to your side of the car. You go to open the driver's side door in which you know is already locked. If your date sees you and does not lean over and open the door she is selfish and narcissistic. If she leans over and unlocks the door she is a keeper. Try it, it works.
More likely, if your date sees that your door is locked, she'll wonder why you're an idiot who didn't think to unlock all the doors. Don't most cars come with keyless remotes now?

Old 04-24-2009, 08:25 AM

12,585 posts, read 16,952,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelcarter2008 View Post
Ive met quite a few women in my time and I noticed that some of the most gorgeous women by most ppl standards were single. I always would ask why are they single and the usuall reply is they havn't found Mr right. However once I got to know them I noticed they are control freaks with compulsive disorders. or jsut plain old crazy. have any guys had these same experiences?
I remember back in high school. There was this girl that was sooooo stinkin beautiful. However, she couldn't give you change for a dollar. I don't know.

I think it is like Jessica Simpson. That girl is so dog gone retarted and yet so beautiful. I can see how it pushed away her husband when she finally got divorced. My family went to see her in concert and she forgot some of the words when she was singing.

Old 04-24-2009, 10:09 AM

9,846 posts, read 22,677,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Not all guys are into narcissists. Sooner or later, they get tired of being with someone who's a user and wants to be the center of attention. Speaking of narcissists, I wonder if there's a correlation between women who spend a lot of time on Facebook and Twitter and their relationship history. I'd bet there is. The attention hogs love Twitter and having followers. I bet they love having a guy who'll make them the center of his universe too.
Interesting point. There are two women I have as friends on facebook both being previous co workers. I rarely speak to them so I could probably delete them and not notice any change in my life. I consider both to be nutty. Both practically update their facebook constantly with their every thought. Both have a crazy relationship history with too many ex's to count.

Old 04-24-2009, 11:27 AM

434 posts, read 933,745 times
Here is a real woman I knew and her personal story may say something

She was my so-called "best friend" before I really knew her, a 40-year-old beautiful, well-educated white woman, divorced with a boy...

When I first met her, I could not understand why she was unable to have a man in her life, which she was quite desperately counting on

She would go out with any man who breathes, I mean it!

I thought life was so unfair for her, she is beautiful, well-educated blah blah

Until I got to know her more---

There is nothing absolutely nothing nice and good about her other than a pretty face even though she goes to church religiously

I guess she is still struggling in every aspect of her life

However, my compassion is not for her any more

Not a bit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships