Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 11:12 PM

2,702 posts, read 6,026,589 times

Advertisements

As someone whose been played before, I can't help but wonder: what makes people want to do this to other people? I've fallen for guys like this but it's not something I go out and choose to do. It just happens. Why I'm drawn to them over and over again is still something I'm trying to figure out. I should learn from it all and some of us do, I'll admit, but some like those feelings they give us while it lasts, even though we have quite a few bad feelings too while this is going on. One day they can be all nicey nice and tell you everything you want to hear, then you don't hear from them for days, then they're back again and everythings great until the next time. I get mad sometimes thinking about why and how we let them do this to us. I am trying to understand...is it the high of a "challenge"? Is it a personality thing? Why would someone want to take advantage of a kind, good-natured person?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2009, 11:17 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
when people feel ripped off they wana even the score, anybody will do.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:24 PM
miu

17,766 posts, read 40,152,606 times
Are you still only meeting players? Or are you still thinking about your past experiences with that one guy? Don't overthink this, just learn how to recognize a player and run away from him. Don't even try to convert him.

Many players do their thing because they are young and not yet ready to settle down to one woman, plus their fellow guy friends are also players or wannabe players. And I feel that the young men your age, just aren't ready for a serious relationship that would lead to marriage. Probably, a guy your age that is very religious might be more marriage minded or at least keen on being a good boyfriend to a nice woman.

Old 04-23-2009, 11:57 PM

670 posts, read 2,113,969 times
Usually guys, especially young guys, are players for one reason only...sex. Other reason is ego boost if they get something back from you. They may try out their charms on you for a while, see it isn't working, go try them on someone else for a while, come back to you eventually and see if another try gets them anywhere. Figure they'll work their magic on you and eventually you'll fall for them, even a little bit, and crack. Players can be very charming, but they have trouble making real emotional connections so they keep you at arms length. (My experience, anyway.)

Old 04-24-2009, 12:32 AM

219 posts, read 736,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanteuse d' Opéra View Post
As someone whose been played before, I can't help but wonder: what makes people want to do this to other people? I've fallen for guys like this but it's not something I go out and choose to do. It just happens. Why I'm drawn to them over and over again is still something I'm trying to figure out. I should learn from it all and some of us do, I'll admit, but some like those feelings they give us while it lasts, even though we have quite a few bad feelings too while this is going on. One day they can be all nicey nice and tell you everything you want to hear, then you don't hear from them for days, then they're back again and everythings great until the next time. I get mad sometimes thinking about why and how we let them do this to us. I am trying to understand...is it the high of a "challenge"? Is it a personality thing? Why would someone want to take advantage of a kind, good-natured person?
You must have players Toy written on your forehead,
Try and change the Type of guys you choose to let play
With you, players are user all they want is some Booty call.
If you make them wait (no booty) and don’t let them play you,
And act like a Lady (good girl)they could take you home to meet their mom
Once you meet the mom then your in and no longer a players toy.

Old 04-24-2009, 12:50 AM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
Good insight........people become like raving indiscriminate savages at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
when people feel ripped off they wana even the score, anybody will do.

Old 04-24-2009, 01:26 AM

18,270 posts, read 14,423,256 times
Why do you say they are all players? Are you sure you're not just judging them in error?

Old 04-24-2009, 05:44 AM

911 posts, read 2,374,732 times
there as many women that are players too
and its usually the nice ones that fall for the players and get burnt

Old 04-24-2009, 06:01 AM

1,570 posts, read 2,068,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynda05125 View Post
You must have players Toy written on your forehead,
Try and change the Type of guys you choose to let play
With you, players are user all they want is some Booty call.
If you make them wait (no booty) and don’t let them play you,
And act like a Lady (good girl)they could take you home to meet their mom
Once you meet the mom then your in and no longer a players toy.
If their was a smily of a guy rolling on the ground laughing out loud i would have used it.
You don't know a player's psyche. If he wants you for sex he'll wait out for it and actually the longer you go the more he might enjoy it.

Old 04-24-2009, 09:00 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,004,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shania View Post
Usually guys, especially young guys, are players for one reason only...sex. Other reason is ego boost if they get something back from you. They may try out their charms on you for a while, see it isn't working, go try them on someone else for a while, come back to you eventually and see if another try gets them anywhere. Figure they'll work their magic on you and eventually you'll fall for them, even a little bit, and crack. Players can be very charming, but they have trouble making real emotional connections so they keep you at arms length. (My experience, anyway.)
Excellent post and spot on!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships