Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 11:55 PM

8 posts, read 23,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I don't think I've ever met anyone who is truly asexual, but I would like to. That would be just so weird. So much of what motivates people is sex. What motivates people with no desire to have sex? Why get out of the bed in the morning if there isn't at least the possibility of a little action later on? I bet asexual people have awesome hobbies or terrific imaginations or something .... something's got to be driving the forward in life.
Learning. Activities. Friends. Pets. New adventures. Travels to places not yet visited. The list is actually really long. An asexual would actually have the same question, except it would be, "Why do people use sex as their sole motivator to get out of bed in the morning?" The drive is just not there for asexuals, it is not that something is 'missing' for the asexual as it was never there in the first place. A lot of them have unique hobbies that they are intensely passionate about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2009, 12:22 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delany View Post
What do you think about asexualtity? It is for the most people a strange subject.

Asexuality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Asexual Visibility and Education Network (Powered by Invision Power Board)
I think people can only live their lives as they see fit and I certainly can't pass judgment on another because I don't walk in their shoes.

But for me, sex is a vital part of my life and I can't imagine being without it. I take advantage of the opportunity any time and every chance that I get. The female anatomy in all its naked glory is a gift from the heavens. Unbelievable the pleasure that is derived from such beauty. It is one of life's greatest pleasures.

Sex is not only good for your health, but it lifts your spirits, lightens your mood, deepens your relationships, and colorizes your imagination.

Old 04-26-2009, 01:05 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,687,832 times
That all may be true....I think asexuality can be like someone saying they have no opinion on steak .... it's just not...something they're interested in....no matter how it smells cooking on the bbq...

Seems insane...but I can understand not having a bit of interest in something someone says is awesome and I should try it...and having tried it...wasn't impressed....
Just because it's a life 'without' does not mean it's less than a life.

I could be way off base....it's just how it makes sense to me

Old 04-26-2009, 04:30 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Asexual by choice, or for lack of better options? There was a period of my life where I didn't have a partner that lasted for 7 years! And I didn't even HAVE sex until I was 17...so I was "asexual" to a point before then. Solo sex is the only kind I was having.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:32 AM

1,226 posts, read 2,797,879 times
To each their own. If you want to live asexually, go for it.

Me NO WAY. I happen to find sex very rewarding and all kinds of fun.

I wonder how many of these people just never have had amazingly hot, mind blowing sex. I mean once you have; how do you say I don't ever want that again. Let me be alone with a bottle of jerkins lotion.

Old 04-26-2009, 07:54 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,654,488 times
Well...I require a willing partner. Until I have one, it's kind of hard to have sex with someone else. I also require a committed, exclusive partner. I'm not into meaningless sex, or sex just for the pleasure of it. I want it to be in the context of a "relationship".

Old 04-26-2009, 07:57 AM

1,226 posts, read 2,797,879 times
A "willing" partner? Yeah no joke. I have never had sex with an unwilling partner. That would be gross.

Old 04-26-2009, 08:45 AM

Location: Gilbert, Arizona... a suburb of metro Phoenix in the East Valley
154 posts, read 287,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delany View Post
What do you think about asexualtity? It is for the most people a strange subject.

Asexuality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Asexual Visibility and Education Network (Powered by Invision Power Board)
My 45 y/o attractive sister is virgin and asexual... I am the exact opposite... well, I'm not unattractive, though... lol. I'm an extremely sensual and sexual creature and when I've tried to abstain not have sex (other than during my sexless marriage... lol), I ended up having sex with shady characters or situations. I personally do not understand having no sexual desire... it is like getting in the mind of a child molester... I simply cannot comprehend that sort of thinking.

Old 04-26-2009, 09:11 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,643,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TednGilbertAZ View Post
My 45 y/o attractive sister is virgin and asexual... I am the exact opposite... well, I'm not unattractive, though... lol. I'm an extremely sensual and sexual creature and when I've tried to abstain not have sex (other than during my sexless marriage... lol), I ended up having sex with shady characters or situations. I personally do not understand having no sexual desire... it is like getting in the mind of a child molester... I simply cannot comprehend that sort of thinking.
As in drunk bisexual women in car crashes who cuddle on car hoods and share fantasies (and want to share a whole lot more) with a man she "met" a couple of hours prior? Not judging, just pointing out random, reckless behavior. Asexuality would be a good alternative for me if my only choice was to express my sexuality in that way. However, everyone not's like me... viva la difference!

Old 04-26-2009, 02:14 PM

884 posts, read 2,642,215 times
Hmmmmn.
Well I am a woman that has no interest in sex. I'm married and hubby initiates 99.9% of the time. When I don't get it, I don't miss it --and yes I have had amazing orgasms.
However, the way I'm wired, sex doesn't excite me, make me feel all warm and fuzzy. Sex does not ease stress or any of the stuff it is supposed to do.
I spoke with a Dr and they basically blow you off if you are trying to spend more than 10 minutes in thier office. I would LOVE to know what it means to be 'horny'. I love hubby but I don't crave sex at all. I joke with him that I don't get horny but I have never flat you said that I'm asexual. AND you would never know it looking at me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships