Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 07:26 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,003,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdinia View Post
That is so SWEET! Yes, you should feel honored! To think that after all this time he would not only remember, but want you to have it again! That is amazing!
It really is. He's been telling his friends our story and they're oo'ing and aw'ing over it, saying it needs to be made into a movie. He also kept the champagne glasses we used last time we were together on new years. He said he used them once after we broke up and it just didn't feel right so he never used them again. I asked him for them. He said he'd like to keep one. So he sent me one. <---happy tears
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2009, 07:37 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
It really is. He's been telling his friends our story and they're oo'ing and aw'ing over it, saying it needs to be made into a movie. He also kept the champagne glasses we used last time we were together on new years. He said he used them once after we broke up and it just didn't feel right so he never used them again. I asked him for them. He said he'd like to keep one. So he sent me one. <---happy tears
Tell me he's done all this with his wife's knowledge - otherwise, you could be in dangerous territory!

Old 04-25-2009, 07:42 PM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Tell me he's done all this with his wife's knowledge - otherwise, you could be in dangerous territory!
Oh c'mon, don't throw a wet blanket on me now. I've waited 32 years to talk to this man. Of course she knows. She was standing right there when I called. She's seen my pics (he keeps all pics from his past).

Old 04-25-2009, 07:54 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
Oh c'mon, don't throw a wet blanket on me now. I've waited 32 years to talk to this man. Of course she knows. She was standing right there when I called. She's seen my pics (he keeps all pics from his past).
Not trying to rain on your parade, lol. But it's much better that his wife knows about this and is okay with it - now you can be friends for the rest of your lives, which is nice

Old 04-25-2009, 08:00 PM

5,612 posts, read 15,113,639 times
His wife has to be an amazing woman who is completely secure in her marriage. I don't know that I'd be okay with my husband giving a ring to his high school sweetheart... especially if only the two of them are the only ones who ever wore it. Giving you the ring seems like a "let's get back together" gesture.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Not trying to rain on your parade, lol. But it's much better that his wife knows about this and is okay with it - now you can be friends for the rest of your lives, which is nice
Oh that's ok, I actually meant to show a little more just kidding tone to it but I messed that up. LOL Yeah, she's not real excited about it so we're just catching up then I'm going to tell him I'll always be here should he want to chat so hang on to my email and cell # but I can't stick around and cause problems. She won't slap him with divorce papers just for an occasional Hi how ya doin' note.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
His wife has to be an amazing woman who is completely secure in her marriage. I don't know that I'd be okay with my husband giving a ring to his high school sweetheart... especially if only the two of them are the only ones who ever wore it. Giving you the ring seems like a "let's get back together" gesture.
She never wore it, only he and I did. I, only around my neck on a chain. But, we're just catching up on old times and I'm backing off before it does cause problems. She doesn't know about the ring. That was his before he knew her. She's married to him, she doesn't own him. LOL

Old 04-25-2009, 08:08 PM

Girl, I'm glad you are backing down. You were seriously treading on thin ice.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
Girl, I'm glad you are backing down. You were seriously treading on thin ice.
I can understand you thinking that but you don't know the whole story.

I care too much about this man to allow him to get himself into trouble. It ain't gonna happen, not by me. That's why we're just catching up and just sending an occasional hello to let each other know we're still alive and thinking about the other. She's ok with that.

Old 04-25-2009, 08:49 PM

Totally cool. I wish I could find my former high school friend. He's been on my mind a lot lately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships