Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-13-2007, 08:17 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,281,142 times

Advertisements

I was with a man who was 7 years my senior...I got tired of being his Mother...

My daughters Father was 7 years younger...the character flaws he exhibited are not anything to do with age...

I think the only wrinkle that comes in is when your headed in a different direction in life.

I have a friend who is 8 years old then her husband, she is hearing her biological clock tick, her husband isn't. That of course is something that can be worked out. If you find the right person, age shouldn't matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2007, 08:51 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,773,840 times
Quote:
perfctplace3: I don't care about the age difference between couples, but I wish old guys would stop staring at me and following me around stores. It's really starting to creep me out and it is just rude. I'm in my twenties so I can't figure out why they think I would be interested.

I know a guy that doesn't want to date any women over 40 yet he is 64 and looks it. The women he likes don't want to be with him so he says he just won't date anymore and hasn't dated in about 12 yrs. He is so hung up on age and looks that I find it sad and weird since he is not a good looking guy.
I'm on the other end now (older), but I sure do remember the old guys trailing me, too -- it IS creepy! Like a 20-year-old is REALLY going to be interested in some guy decades older than her?? I never understood it either.

Now that I'm older, I have a male friend who is still infatuated with young women, although HE also looks old, and there is NO way a woman that young is going to want to be with him. Not only that....he lives with .... HIS MOTHER!! I mean, really, what young girl is going to go out with a 58-year-old guy who is "retired" because he lives with his mother and she supports him?? He'll hang out at the library and oogle the young girls and tell me about them -- and I'll be blunt and tell him to look for someone his own age!

Only recently has he begun to say that maybe, just maybe, he's barking up the wrong tree! There's some desperate side to him that still hopes some cute little thing will just go for him. I hope he can finally accept that it just isn't going to happen. Now, if he were Donald Trump and had oodles of money, maybe he'd find a nice young gold digger who was interested.

My friend is a nice guy, however, as a female, I just know there are no females who are young and cute who will go for him. It's sad to see a guy who claims to want a girlfriend but then seems to only be interested in young women who just will NOT want to be with this older, unemployed guy who lives with him mom!! Go figure!

Old 05-16-2007, 09:46 AM
KMD

2 posts, read 9,612 times
im an younger girl that has dated older guys...i dont think its wrong until they are more than 5 years older...

Old 05-16-2007, 05:03 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,086,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
I'm on the other end now (older), but I sure do remember the old guys trailing me, too -- it IS creepy! Like a 20-year-old is REALLY going to be interested in some guy decades older than her?? I never understood it either.

Now that I'm older, I have a male friend who is still infatuated with young women, although HE also looks old, and there is NO way a woman that young is going to want to be with him. Not only that....he lives with .... HIS MOTHER!! I mean, really, what young girl is going to go out with a 58-year-old guy who is "retired" because he lives with his mother and she supports him?? He'll hang out at the library and oogle the young girls and tell me about them -- and I'll be blunt and tell him to look for someone his own age!

Only recently has he begun to say that maybe, just maybe, he's barking up the wrong tree! There's some desperate side to him that still hopes some cute little thing will just go for him. I hope he can finally accept that it just isn't going to happen. Now, if he were Donald Trump and had oodles of money, maybe he'd find a nice young gold digger who was interested.

My friend is a nice guy, however, as a female, I just know there are no females who are young and cute who will go for him. It's sad to see a guy who claims to want a girlfriend but then seems to only be interested in young women who just will NOT want to be with this older, unemployed guy who lives with him mom!! Go figure!

LOL I just had to laugh at this. SO true.

I was with a 50+ male friend the other day and we passed a 30-something, very good looking, young mother with her kids in a stroller he said "MILF" (google it if you don't know what that means) and I just looked at him and said "HUH????, she's not a MILF for YOU. YOUR MILF woud be like....70."

That just totally demoralized him

I've had...uhm...some recent situations with 20-year olds who flirt with me. (I'm a mid-40s woman). This freaks me out. No kidding. And yet....I think a 40-something year old man would be thinking "yeah, baby bring it on".

Are women just more rational than men???

Old 05-17-2007, 02:25 PM

14,496 posts, read 26,533,531 times
Smile wisteria~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post

Thats really funny.
Living with his mother---at age 50 something- scary; and not attractive.

Here is one story- a late 70's retired man in S Florida- flirted w/ me I felt bad but wow- the nerve- an older man to me is 50- 60....not barely can walk..... I guess the ego stays with them

recently at work a 26 year old flirted w/ me--that was okay -lol.

sunny

Old 05-17-2007, 03:08 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,949,430 times
Some of us golddiggers can find a younger moneybags to hang with. LOL

Old 05-17-2007, 03:34 PM

549 posts, read 2,379,124 times
My great aunt used to say,
"It is better to be the queen of an older gentleman, than to be the slave of a young man."

It does seem that older men then to be more apreciative. Yet I agree it's creepy when a 65 year old man is sizeing me up. Now we all know the "young moneybags" guys have the pick of the litter. And normaly don't want to settle down since it's like being in a candy store for them. It's takes an expectially devestatingly beautiful girl or an astute one to make him want to commint.

Old 05-17-2007, 03:51 PM

15,639 posts, read 40,949,430 times
Who needs committment! I'm talking about having a good time and getting some really fabulous parting gifts!

Old 05-17-2007, 03:57 PM

549 posts, read 2,379,124 times
Ok miss thing!! I feel ya then places like LA, SF, NYC, Miami, London have their fair share of handsome and superposhie 20-something guys who love to treat the girls.

Old 05-17-2007, 04:34 PM

15,603 posts, read 39,695,731 times
But is it an American thing...where people seem to get uptight about an older man/younger woman thing? What about foreign countries. Are they more (what word...what word) "liberal" or have no hang ups about it?

Discuss...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships