Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2009, 05:16 PM

7,005 posts, read 21,335,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
Can you take some time off of work just so you can get over the initial shock of this all? Even if its for a day or two...maybe you can go to a friends or close family member that you could talk it over with or that could motivate you to keep your head on straight? this is a time where you will need you loved ones near.
I got my vacation coming up in may. I was gonna take everybody to NYC to meet my dad and my brothers who are so eager to meet her and the kids. Now WTF am I going to tell them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2009, 05:22 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,358,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post
I got my vacation coming up in may. I was gonna take everybody to NYC to meet my dad and my brothers who are so eager to meet her and the kids. Now WTF am I going to tell them?
If you are close then tell them the truth if not then cancel and tell them you have some personal things going on that you need to handle and they should understand......let those close to you help you through this. You are going to need support. Well hopefully you make it thru the week and this weekend take a day and just cry and let out your emotion(privately of course). After a good long cry I feel like my brain is clearer like Im let go a weight that was too heavy and although the weight is still there I got rid of some of it by crying and letting what I could go...if it only works for a short time..for me it works and helps me figure out the next move better.

Old 04-28-2009, 05:37 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
Just tell them you can't make it and start saving money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Cat View Post

Old 04-28-2009, 06:07 PM

17,216 posts, read 57,072,247 times
My heart goes out to you El Gato. Sad to say this is very common, modern American culture does not value the family like the Hispanic culture does.

All I can say is keep a clear head, lawyer up and get the best break you can for yourself, the way divorce law is in general, she'll almost certainly get the kids, all of what I am writing here is not the way I want it to be, not the way it would be if I were king, but it's just the way it is.

Don't let the fact that you love her influence your decision making regarding the ugly facts of divorce.

I wish you luck in this.

When I read your post on her going home to CA, yeah, it crossed my mind that this might be a sign of bigger problems - but didn't post anything because it would have been speculation.

As to what about the May vacation - I would say use it to gather your strength and save your money.

Remember the Cat always lands on his feet. Use your head and you'll be OK.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:15 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,943,694 times
He is Hispanic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post
My heart goes out to you El Gato. Sad to say this is very common, modern American culture does not value the family like the Hispanic culture does.

All I can say is keep a clear head, lawyer up and get the best break you can for yourself, the way divorce law is in general, she'll almost certainly get the kids, all of what I am writing here is not the way I want it to be, not the way it would be if I were king, but it's just the way it is.

Don't let the fact that you love her influence your decision making regarding the ugly facts of divorce.

I wish you luck in this.

When I read your post on her going home to CA, yeah, it crossed my mind that this might be a sign of bigger problems - but didn't post anything because it would have been speculation.

As to what about the May vacation - I would say use it to gather your strength and save your money.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:20 PM

2,163 posts, read 4,340,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
He is Hispanic.
He is, but I don't think his wife is?

Old 04-28-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
Oh I see. He needs a Latina woman to make him whole again

Old 04-28-2009, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Mitch View Post

I wish you luck in this.

Thank you SIR!

Old 04-28-2009, 06:44 PM

15,639 posts, read 41,035,633 times
Hey Gato!!! I don't have anything to add (I DM'd you). Just wanted to say hey, and hang in there and yes - Cats always land on their feet!!!

Old 04-28-2009, 07:10 PM

525 posts, read 1,851,636 times
I am so sorry gatito! My heart was broken two years ago and I did not see it coming, but time does heal. I suggest counseling ( have not read all the responses-so I apologize if this has been addressed). I sleep well at night knowing I tried everything to save the marriage, but I could not.

Time heals everything. That has been my mantra for the last two years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships