Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 06:41 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,947,295 times

Advertisements

No way, I hope you are joking because he just called me a player when I'm actually celibate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Artsy, I'm thinking you and Killer would make a perfect couple
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 06:46 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
No way, I hope you are joking because he just called me a player when I'm actually celibate.
Darn Killer, you missed your chance - I think Artsy is a real catch - and he hates marriage and therapists as much as you!!!

Old 04-27-2009, 06:46 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,221,387 times
Quote:
Don't waste your money and emotional strength with a counselor (parasite).

Keep the dumb comments to a minimum in this thread 'k?
Your 'advice' could cost someone a lot one of these days - you are more dangerous than you realize. Stop it.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:48 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Sorry to hear about your difficulties, Gato; however, it's too early to be talking about a divorce IMO. If I were you I wouldn't be discussing it with anybody at this point, but you already did... Good luck to both of you no matter which way you decide to go!

Old 04-27-2009, 06:50 PM

Well what happens if my friend Mr. Cat goes to a therapist that uses him for money and compliance? Or takes advantages of Mr. Cat's fragile self esteem for monetary gain? That seems to be the consensus for some people.

On the other hand he can take his time and interview several counselors and see if he really wants to fork over $90 for a 45 minute session a week.

It is his decision, however, like I've said counselors can be parasites. It's more of a heads up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Your 'advice' could cost someone a lot one of these days - Stop it.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:53 PM

I do not hate marriage.

You must know some very kind and professional therapists that you can recommend then

Quote:
Darn Killer, you missed your chance - I think Artsy is a real catch - and he hates marriage and therapists as much as you!!!

Old 04-27-2009, 06:55 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Well what happens if my friend Mr. Cat goes to a therapist that uses him for money and compliance? Or takes advantages of Mr. Cat's fragile self esteem for monetary gain? That seems to be the consensus for some people.

On the other hand he can take his time and interview several counselors and see if he really wants to fork over $90 for a 45 minute session a week.

It is his decision, however, like I've said counselors can be parasites. It's more of a heads up.
For the 1,000,000,000th time - marriage couseling is an absolute must - THE most responsible thing a couple with young children can do for themselves and their family. With good counseling MANY marriages can be saved - and when they aren't salvagable, a couselor helps the couple clarify the reasons for the spilt and helps them thru the process of ending things in the best way possible for their kids.

PLEASE Artsy, stop with your attacks on therapy and therapists - MANY people need it and have been helped by it.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:58 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobokenkitchen View Post
Keep the dumb comments to a minimum in this thread 'k?
Your 'advice' could cost someone a lot one of these days - you are more dangerous than you realize. Stop it.
That's one of the main reasons I said things like that shouldn't be discussed with anybody at such a vulnerable time, much less with a bunch of idiots like us! Besides, there's always the other side to each story.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:00 PM

Why are you so furious. I said it is his decision to interview counselors at less of a risk vs. jumping into some random dude's office.

Please don't get so enraged. I care for you

Quote:
For the 1,000,000,000th time - marriage couseling is an absolute must - THE most responsible thing a couple with young children can do for themselves and their family. With good counseling MANY marriages can be saved - and when they aren't salvagable, a couselor helps the couple clarify the reasons for the spilt and helps them thru the process of ending things in the best way possible for their kids.

PLEASE Artsy, stop with your attacks on therapy and therapists - MANY people need it and have been helped by it.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:06 PM

3,488 posts, read 8,221,387 times
Quote:
Why are you so furious. I said it is his decision to interview counselors at less of a risk vs. jumping into some random dude's office.

Please don't get so enraged. I care for you
Well I agree with lovesmountains. This is not the thread for your silly games. I can only hope that Mr Cat has you set to ignore, or that he's read enough of your posts to know to just brush off the nonsensical rubbish that you post.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships