Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2009, 05:33 PM

103 posts, read 264,175 times

Advertisements

with all do respect, Ihavefaith, some of us are well versed in scripture, and know what the bible says about it, but a healthy discussion never hurt anyone. As, I am sure you well know, scripture can easily be twisted to suit ones desires......just pick a translation ( this is another thread altogether)
please remember....the bible also says:
no sin is greater than another, a sin is a sin and only God should judge. I won't insult you, by giving direct reference to the biblical verse..... but I felt inclined to ....humble you.....a weeee bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 05:39 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynaebirdy View Post
no sin is greater than another, a sin is a sin and only God should judge.
That judging part always seems to escape them??

Old 04-29-2009, 05:54 PM

12 posts, read 20,208 times
Hey Guys I wasnt judging anyone I was just refering to the original question "What is wrong about being the other person in an affair" well what i said is gods word not mine and he says what is wrong with being in an affair not me it is adultery no matter how much i affend or his word affends anyone label it what it is I am sorry I dont sugar coat the truth I say it how it is I am not saying that you are anyone else doesnt know the bible but a freindly reminder never hurt a soul besides the question was about a fictional character on tv so how do you judge a fictional character if they cant be judged a food for thought .......... Peace

Old 04-29-2009, 08:40 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,004,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihavefaith View Post
Hey Guys I wasnt judging anyone I was just refering to the original question "What is wrong about being the other person in an affair" well what i said is gods word not mine and he says what is wrong with being in an affair not me it is adultery no matter how much i affend or his word affends anyone label it what it is I am sorry I dont sugar coat the truth I say it how it is I am not saying that you are anyone else doesnt know the bible but a freindly reminder never hurt a soul besides the question was about a fictional character on tv so how do you judge a fictional character if they cant be judged a food for thought .......... Peace
Well, then, you might want to remember the Scriptures that tell of Jesus intervening when a woman was about to be stoned, according to Jewish law, for the sin of adultery. He told those holding the rocks, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." Not one did, and they started walking away. Jesus asked her, "Has no one condemned you?" and when she said, "no," He said, "Nor do I condemn you. Now, go, and sin no more."

In other words, her sin was no worse in God's eyes than the sins her accusers committed. And she was forgiven.

Remember that. And, also remember that punctuation is our friend.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:42 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teatime View Post
Well, then, you might want to remember the Scriptures that tell of Jesus intervening when a woman was about to be stoned, according to Jewish law, for the sin of adultery. He told those holding the rocks, "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." Not one did, and they started walking away. Jesus asked her, "Has no one condemned you?" and when she said, "no," He said, "Nor do I condemn you. Now, go, and sin no more."

In other words, her sin was no worse in God's eyes than the sins her accusers committed. And she was forgiven.

Remember that. And, also remember that punctuation is our friend.
That's funny stuff right there.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:54 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,004,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
That's funny stuff right there.

Heh. Personally, I believe God gets ticked when His defenders can't spell or punctuate. I mean, there He was, carefully writing all of those Holy Scriptures with painstaking precision, and then along come these Holy Joes who can't even bother to type a comma or period. Frankly, I think His wrath over this spawns many a tornado!

Old 04-29-2009, 09:11 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
Quote:

Old 04-30-2009, 05:07 AM

2,514 posts, read 4,953,028 times
Quote:
Heh. Personally, I believe God gets ticked when His defenders can't spell or punctuate. I mean, there He was, carefully writing all of those Holy Scriptures with painstaking precision, and then along come these Holy Joes who can't even bother to type a comma or period. Frankly, I think His wrath over this spawns many a tornado!

I bow down to the author of the best post of Wednesday in all of CD land.
Thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you.

see, ihavefaith?........punctuation...separation of thought & sentence. sure does make it easier getting one's point across.....otherwise the sinners get all confused and might miss something good.

jus' sayin'......AGAIN!

Old 04-30-2009, 05:49 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,866,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
I was watching a fictional character the other day justify her involvement with a married man. She pointed out that she was not the one who was married therefore she was not quilty of adultery. Personally I believe in treating others like I would want to be treated. I wouldn't want a woman involving herself with my husband so therefore I would NOT become involved with someone else's spouse. Nevermind the fact I don't indulge in casual sex. I don't have to know the woman to feel some sort of responsibility to NOT make her life harder.
What are your thoughts on this subject?For those that have had affairs, did you tell yourself that you weren't committing adultery so where is the problem since you weren't in the marriage?
Any woman who can go into a relationship with a married man knowing full well that he has a family, home, and another life he is involved in has no conscience. My first husband cheated on me non stop....it was awful. I don't know and don't care if the other women knew about me...they were the scum of the earth as far as I was concerned. The final straw was when he and a married woman with children took off together. When she left her family, she took all her kids photos out of her wallet, her husbands photo and left them on the table for her husband to find. Nice woman, huh? Me? I was GLAD he was gone and packed my bags and drove my son, me and my dog 500 miles to get away from him. I firmly believe that my ex and his now wife are both sociopaths....have not clue what is right and what is wrong. Her son hasn't spoken to her in 30 years and probably never will. My son hasn't really talked to his Dad in probably 25 years...saw him briefly at his Grandfather's funeral but "Dad" never came back to visit with my son...SOCIOPATHIC NIT WIT.

My suggestion for people who feel like they can only be with married people while they stay single? Find other people who are as sociopathic as you and get together. You can all get married then cheat on each other and leave the rest of us alone!

Old 04-30-2009, 08:01 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynaebirdy View Post
with all do respect, Ihavefaith, some of us are well versed in scripture, and know what the bible says about it, but a healthy discussion never hurt anyone. As, I am sure you well know, scripture can easily be twisted to suit ones desires......just pick a translation ( this is another thread altogether)
no sin is greater than another, a sin is a sin and only God should judge. I won't insult you, by giving direct reference to the biblical verse..... but I felt inclined to ....humble you.....a weeee bit.
If all sins are okay, then is that true of murder, shoplifting, theft, assault and all the others? If no one should judge anyone then why do we still want to judge the man who comes home drunk and beats his wife and kids? It's not black and white after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships