Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 01:01 PM

1,413 posts, read 3,039,259 times

Advertisements

biology

Old 05-02-2009, 03:39 AM

598 posts, read 2,069,056 times
I just wanted to comment that it is not just men who are suckers for pretty faces - women too!

Lately I've been sucked into these conversations with other women about who is/isn't pretty, and the degree of prettiness....it's been scary. I just can't believe how much this stuff matters. But it really really does.

I do think that pretty girls should NOT kid themselves and recognize that they probably didn't get where they are purely based on merit. I think you have to ask yourself - if I were unattractive, would I be here? And then just...be grateful?

Old 05-02-2009, 11:13 AM

549 posts, read 1,924,662 times
Why does rain fall down but not up? Yes, gravity is the cause of everything.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:31 AM

12,881 posts, read 13,548,684 times
Beautiful people already know that rules are for the rest of us, that's why she came late. I like to stand in line behind them because the person behind the counter is in such a good mood, still gloting about their encounter with beauty.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:37 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,154,269 times
I dont think this is just a gender thing. Attractive people get treated better, get more breaks, get farther ahead with less - all sorts of studies and statistics show that. I agree with Jefetio up to a point. Its biology but backed up by powerful social conditioning.
If the OP is good looking and doesn't mind this sort of skewed treatment because he benefits from it himself, great. If however he's not, then he is just playing right into getting treated differently for the way he looks. I'm not all that attractive so of course I don't like it. But its the way it is. I just wish beautiful people would be more upfront about it. Look at the drama surrounding the unattractive Scottish woman on that singing show. All sorts of unattractive talent out there. But you aren't going to see them in the public eye nearly as often as even less talented attractive people.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:41 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,801,703 times
I'm pretty yet I'm at the bottom of the hierarchy where I work ha ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by itlchick View Post

I do think that pretty girls should NOT kid themselves and recognize that they probably didn't get where they are purely based on merit. I think you have to ask yourself - if I were unattractive, would I be here? And then just...be grateful?

Old 05-02-2009, 09:42 PM

468 posts, read 1,215,995 times
I get away with plenty of things for being who I am.. lol. Most notably are the free drinks. It's not just men who are suckers for beautiful women. Women are far more apt to let their attraction for a guy overpower their normal actions.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:14 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,497,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelcarter2008 View Post
yea but they will totally take advantage of that not to mention there are many women who dont even respect that. in other words the nice guy dont get the trim
Hmmm, I disagree. I'm a hell of a nice guy that doesn't let anybody push me around or take advantage of me. Ever. And women have always loved this about me. I believe it's called "confidence".

Old 05-02-2009, 11:06 PM

9,204 posts, read 10,973,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpyne View Post
its not nice when youre normally an ahole to people as the OP states.

see i treat women equal. im not weak, i wouldnt go out of my way to help a beautiful woman. if anything i would probably do less because theyre used to having men fall all over themselves. then again im not like most men,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Interpol76 View Post
A person has some serious internal issues if they treat the vast mjority of people like garbage, but are nice to "good looking" people. It would be beyond my worst nighmare to have such a one-dimensional view of the world like that.
OP sounds like a real treat.

Get your kicks while you can.
Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind.
Someday, somewhere, you'll wish you'd treated people better.

Not just pretty people either.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:12 PM

3,440 posts, read 8,019,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelcarter2008 View Post
Ok I must start off by saying in most cases I ma not a nice person people at my job or when i am out in public. Most of the time when people show up for an appointment with me dont don't give them any sypathy. Just yesterday I guy came here for testing late and I turn him away didn't even care to hear his excuses. But today, a after I started testing, I hear a faint knock on my room I wa readyb to tear someon head of. I walk to the door open it and see this beautiful women with the most innocent face my mood chnage inastantly and helped her catch up with the rest of the testers. I was nice to hear spoken with a nicer tone and everything I am such a hipporcrate and a sucker. didn't realize what I did until a hour later now I really hate myself for what I have done. Guys why do we do this to ouselves. Is there any hope for us?

Personally, I hate this kind of backdoor ###T which is why I try to help Males and Females if I feel they are need of my help. To add to this I make a habit to treat extremely beautiful females who I meet in person like normal people and I find I get a better overall response as all there lives they constantly told they are "so beautiful!" Sfff, they have been good looking for so long they don't care anymore....

Now, if you find a women who lost weight and is now thin for the first time in 10 years and you give her a complement; well prepare to watch her face light up like a beautyfull sunrise...

Anyhow, I don't have an answer for your question but I will say your reaction with this women is how the REAL world works; everyday! You know, just because you go to school, get good grades and work hard won't automatically qualify you to live the good life. S%%%, but good looks, the proper politics, and knowing certain people can get you there.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships