U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 04-30-2009, 01:37 AM

3,270 posts, read 4,572,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
If you went to the Brooks Brothers website, you have no idea what Brooks Brothers is about.
So if it's not preppy & conservative, then what is it? That's what your first post sounds like also. There's nothing wrong with that, but it tends to look "mature".
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2009, 01:38 AM

1,571 posts, read 3,475,330 times
It's important to dress as you want to.

I agree with the other posts - your style is not hers. But that's not your problem.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:43 AM

8,525 posts, read 8,189,664 times
Can anyone read?

I said how do YOU dress.........

Old 04-30-2009, 01:43 AM

15,225 posts, read 25,233,107 times
Yeah Ron, dress the way you want. I'm sure she dresses how she wants.

Old 04-30-2009, 01:47 AM

15,225 posts, read 25,233,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Can anyone read?

I said how do YOU dress.........
I told you how I dress. Now, I'm mixing it up a little this weekend. I'll be competing at Emerald Ball and I will be wearing a two piece lime green latin outfit on Thursday for Int. latin, a red ballgown on Friday for int. std., a silver fully stoned backless latin dress for am. rhythm on Saturday, and a black ruffled gown for am. smooth on Sunday. Then after that, it's back to my skank look.

Old 04-30-2009, 06:41 AM

913 posts, read 1,559,910 times
think of it this way
you can be the ugliest dude with the nicest shirt on and still be ugly
you can be the hottest dude and have the ugliest shirt and still be hot

Old 04-30-2009, 06:44 AM

913 posts, read 1,559,910 times
i have a hard time finding clothes
everything is all geared towards kids and hip-hop look

i wear jeans and a nice button shirt at work
and if i go out to a nice place or a date

and if im going to a band or a concert
its heavy metal shirts all the way

Old 04-30-2009, 06:49 AM

1,776 posts, read 2,560,548 times
I don't wear sports team apparel except for when I go to a sporting event.

I like my preppy urban style- jeans, Polo shirts, fitted tee shirts, either some nice casual shoes or sneakers (only nikes, either certain vintage jordans or certain running sneakers) and jeans that fit, usually bootcut. I don't like them too wide of an opening, because then I'll be walking on them.

I fit in a large. I don't do the baggy, XL thing anymore. It looks ridiculous, plus I work hard in the gym, so I want my clothes to compliment my bulges!

Old 04-30-2009, 07:26 AM

18,082 posts, read 17,330,275 times
I adore Brooks Brothers. Anyone dressed in that is looking good as far as I'm concerned. Even my 16 year old son loves it. I also like Tommy Bahama - bought a top there last week, and my son was DYING for me to buy him a jacket in there...but they didn't have his size.

As far as the "wear more ball hats and gym shoes" comment....umm...how old is she? Of course this also relates to the environment one is raised in. I have a strong distaste for ball caps worn anywhere other than the gym, beach, or sporting events. They tend to make the guy look like they have an issue with their hair, or they are hiding bed-head. Athletic shoes should be worn for the purpose for which they were designed. (I would never wear my running shoes out to a store...or anywhere other than running, or the gym - just looks kind of silly to me. )

I know my standards of dress are much more conservative than many men that I date, but that's just how I am. I always have been one to enjoy dressing up, rather than down, and looking as nice as possible when out in public. Thankfully my son has contracted the same affectation.

Old 04-30-2009, 07:44 AM

2,059 posts, read 3,349,648 times
IMO, Brooks Brothers and Tommy Bahama is something grandparents should wear
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships