Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 01:23 PM

2,043 posts, read 5,051,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Nope. Once you get over the nightclub thing you can't enjoy yourself. I tried to go out with friends recently but I was like "all these songs are stupid, it's too crowded, it's too dark, the music is too loud, people are touching me." I felt like the old lady in all those family movies who's always complaining about something.I prefer house parties to clubs - I usually know all of the people, the drinks are free, I get to play spades and I don't have to worry about someone slipping something in my drink.
I know that's right!!!! ...same here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 01:26 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,297,652 times
I still love going out. Music is loud so you can feel the bass through your body, lots of eye candy (YMMV though), liquor flowing, etc. I only go to dance and hang out with friends, not to hook up so it isn't overrated to me at all. House parties are fun, but people don't have them that often and it isn't always easy to dance because people are standing around staring at each other.

Old 06-23-2009, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitterific View Post
I still love going out. Music is loud so you can feel the bass through your body, lots of eye candy (YMMV though), liquor flowing, etc. I only go to dance and hang out with friends, not to hook up so it isn't overrated to me at all. House parties are fun, but people don't have them that often and it isn't always easy to dance because people are standing around staring at each other.
You ever stop through Pittsburgh, hit me up. We never have problems like this at the house parties I go to.... I'm old school, and old school folks don't stand around staring. We get our dance on, once that liquor kicks in...Soul train line and all...

But you're right. House parties aren't given that often. Usually its an occasion..like someone's birthday.....

Old 06-23-2009, 01:48 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,369,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Mizz Pittsburgh View Post
You ever stop through Pittsburgh, hit me up. We never have problems like this at the house parties I go to.... I'm old school, and old school folks don't stand around staring. We get our dance on, once that liquor kicks in...Soul train line and all...

But you're right. House parties aren't given that often. Usually its an occasion..like someone's birthday.....
I don't know when I was living in Florida we had them all the time....probably because it's too hot to cook inside the kitchen. I agree with you though, that standing around thing never happens at parties I go too...all I gotta do is play the right song

YouTube - George Clinton & Parliament-Not Just Knee Deep

Old 06-23-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I don't know when I was living in Florida we had them all the time....probably because it's too hot to cook inside the kitchen. I agree with you though, that standing around thing never happens at parties I go too...all I gotta do is play the right song

YouTube - George Clinton & Parliament-Not Just Knee Deep
Thanks! That's the jam!!!....I'mma bout' to youtube to mp3 this song right now......having a birthday party in August, and I need this on one of my CD playlists...

Old 06-23-2009, 01:59 PM

3,089 posts, read 8,507,850 times
night clubs are not my forte

I prefer a chilled out atmosphere. I can't even stand bars. I will take a hookah lounge though.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:40 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
I prefer the high energy of night clubs.

What's a hookah lounge like?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
night clubs are not my forte

I prefer a chilled out atmosphere. I can't even stand bars. I will take a hookah lounge though.

Old 06-23-2009, 08:44 PM

1,359 posts, read 2,291,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I prefer the high energy of night clubs.

What's a hookah lounge like?
Hookah lounge - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 06-23-2009, 10:05 PM

3,674 posts, read 8,658,751 times
When I was "younger" I partied a lot in college Now my disclaimer is that I came of age in Chicago, which had the best party scene in the United States.

I was very lucky-- I was heavily involved in the gay scene in Chicago, which is a huge community. Obviously I wasn't there to meet men for relationships, but clubbing in Boystown on Northalsted was just an absolutely amazing experience. The people were so cool, the music was great and so ahead of its time and I literally had nights that were like something out of a movie... That's how good it was.

Now, let's at once reveal how much of a partier Coldwine was and how many different types of "clubs" there are There are hookah lounges, as described above, which are great places to chill. There are also jazz clubs, chill lounges, music clubs... And there are even many dance clubs where the environment isn't at all what you typically think of (pounding bass and strobe lights). I can think of a few clubs I used to go to because I loved to dance, and boy were there dancers there. It was mostly stuff on the Southside where you'd seriously better have some moves to pull on the floor or else you just didn't belong. I can think of other places that were very cool, you could sit and watch others and just be a part of a scene that had amazing music.

So, no, nightclubs are not overrated. House and techno were all the rage when I was still into that scene, and Chicago was the home of house-- so it was very common to find one's self at a rave (a real rave, Moby, may you rot in hell with your turntables) in some abandoned warehouse someplace. I suppose a trendy nightplace is someplace I never went to, and probably wouldn't have anyway. When I think of the club scene, I think of the scene I was used to, with real artists and people very passionate about dancing, music and having a good time.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:10 AM

213 posts, read 671,894 times
It depends on my mood. If i feel like dancing, seeing eye candy, want to flirt a little or just want to be out and about I'll go to the club, If i just want to chill and have a drink to myself while vibing to some music to get my thoughts together i'll go to a small bar.
Some house parties are ok, but if you don't really know the people or not compatible with them you will find yourself just standing around looking at everyone else or feel displaced. In my college years I loved the club, I would even go by myself because i liked to dance and really enjoyed the club scene so much and due to the fact that it was right up the street from my complex it was a nice. But since I've moved, I rarley do clubs anymore but every now and again and would rather find other venues to occupy my time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships