Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2012, 04:48 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,055,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I suppose there are two kinds of assumptions to be made. 1. People make assumptions based on the content of posts and any level of intelligence behind them. The assumptions you are making have little to nothing to do with the content of my posts. They have everything to do with you instead. 2. The assumptions about you regarding your negativity towards women is based on what you actually say. There is evidence we can draw on. For that matter, you say you have a SO and yet you speak ill of her as well. You speak negatively about women in general on a continual basis. I never speak negatively about men in general. Ever. And yet you charge me with your own behavior.
We have our own issues on some occasions. No relationship's perfect. If it's brought to my attention that a certain demographic is screwing over another, then I will become suspicious and concerned about the relationship.

And I never said that much about my SO. All I said was I have doubts on some occasions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2012, 04:50 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,055,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I really don't know anyone that has had a shady corrupt divorce.

The whole point of marriage is that you are vowing to spend your life with someone. If you don't want to do that - don't get married. If you love someone but only want to spend a few years with them - then do just that. The whole point of marriage is "until death do you part." If that isn't what you want right from the start - there is no point in doing it.
I guess you've never seen celebrities marriages disintegrate. Can't recall how many times I've seen celebrities lose their fortunes through a divorce.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:50 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
She makes more money than her husband - so how is she "getting his fortune?" I guess if you are trying to see misandry in everything - you will see it. Even in something as innocuous as saying that someone would like to live with her girlfriends if something happened to their husbands. She is actually quite happily married - this isn't a plan - just a "what if?"

My mom is a widow and now spends a lot of time with her other widowed and divorced friends - and some of her married friends as well. I'm so grateful that she has so many friends and loved ones close by so that she isn't alone.
It comes to mind for me because my family is so morbid. I think it's an Italian American thing. We're morbid, always planning for the worst. Plus, I have awesome girlfriends. My one very best friend I met when I was 18-19. I loved her when I met her. I love her now. When we met my boyfriend at the time developed a crush on her. She thought our friendship was done since we only knew each other a few short months. I saw something in her and I gave him the toss, which was the smart move. For every wedding, birth, death, graduation, breakup, whatever we've been there for each other. It's special.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:51 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,528,510 times
LOL well, the milk and OTC meds do, so why not?! Good one, seriously. I am diggin how you think, OP, not being sarcastic of course.

It wouldn't work because marriages expire in such different amounts of time but you sure have me curious about how you think on your other threads.

Old 03-31-2012, 04:55 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,163,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by West of Encino View Post
I guess you've never seen celebrities marriages disintegrate. Can't recall how many times I've seen celebrities lose their fortunes through a divorce.
Do you know these celebrities personally? Because I don't. I don't know anyone in real life - meaning actual people that I interact with - that have had shady, corrupt divorces. Then again, I don't hang out with shady, corrupt people. You know that celebrities aren't really a good representative of normal people - right?

Old 03-31-2012, 04:56 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,188,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
well i don't beleive in happiness for everyone, for some people there's just existing. that's what i do until otherwise noted. if you feels happiness is available and attainable, well then hat's off to you. I guess you also feels life is worth living and all that stuff too.
I see life as an opportunity and that it's worth living. Let me add a very big but to that statement, but I realize I have it much easier than a lot of people in a litany of ways. I don't believe happiness and peace is some generic thing ripe for the picking for just anybody. There are a number of components outside a person's control that play into it. It's certainly not fair.

Quote:
We have our own issues on some occasions. No relationship's perfect. If it's brought to my attention that a certain demographic is screwing over another, then I will become suspicious and concerned about the relationship.
Whatever the case with your SO, you have an issue with women and it's reflected in your relationships. That's your thing. Gender is not a demographic, btw.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:17 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:
not to be rude but maybe i should say i pities you for trusting a man who u don't even know where he is most of the days and also don't bother to look into it! Personally, I couldn't live like that but if u don't feels the need to keep tabs on him then I don't know what to tell you . i don't know what you mean by how much more life could offer -- if I had a man I guess? Oh please. I guess I am doing fine without one, i take care of myself everyday. masturbation basically fixes everything in that department. I seen where a lot of married women whole life revolve around trying to be a 'sex kitten' for some man and his massive sex drive. As soon as the sex falls off, he goes elsewhere looking to 'get some,' no thanks. putting in all that time and effort towards him, just to get left behind for 'fresh meat.'

again, i don't feels like i come from a wounded environment i use what i seen and learned on my own to come to my determinations. i will not be meeting any of these so called good men b/c i don't date and also don't trust them as far as i could throw one. how long have you been married anyways? So if your husband gone for say, 5 or 6 hours and you don't know where, you just beleive whatever he tell you when he comes back? IF so, I don't know how a person live like that and beleive it's accurate when we all know people lie left and right.
Again, sincerely, I am very sorry for you

Old 03-31-2012, 10:24 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,577,844 times
I have asked this before and still haven't gotten an answer , why do we need to get the Government or let them get involved in a contract between 2 adults, when we can do all the same things in life without their permission simply by entering into a contract with each other privately. You still can call it what ever you want, a Marriage , a Union, your significant other or just plain my friend. as many have shown in the past. That Paper ( government issued ) marriage license doesn't make the union any stronger,does not guarantee longevity so why should people use it as permission to form a life style. There are no test you must take , no certification you must past saying you are competent to have children , to protect, to hornor and abay. But what it does do is allow the Government to enter and regulate your life when ever they please in so many different way .

Old 03-31-2012, 11:29 PM

1,206 posts, read 1,737,906 times
Quote:
Who cares about spousal and child support? Both are misandric legislations
I can't blame you for the way you feel. But, do the names Nick Lachey, Kevin Federline, or Parker Stevenson ring a bell?

Old 04-01-2012, 01:28 AM

3,387 posts, read 6,626,728 times
Quote:
OK. Like you and southshoreslady, braunwyn said, unless u can accounts for his whereabouts almost every second of the day, then i wouldn't beleive any stories come out of his mouth about where he has been.
^^^

And that is why you are a single woman.

But for the record, yeah we BOTH know where the other is at all times of the day.

Quote:
not to be rude but maybe i should say i pities you for trusting a man who u don't even know where he is most of the days and also don't bother to look into it! Personally, I couldn't live like that but if u don't feels the need to keep tabs on him then I don't know what to tell you .
Who says I don't know where he is? Currently, he is sitting on the couch behind me playing video games while I keep flashing him, lol!

I don't need any pity, especially from someone who is so jaded they are unable and unwilling to let themselves be open enough for another to love them.

Quote:
I seen where a lot of married women whole life revolve around trying to be a 'sex kitten' for some man and his massive sex drive. As soon as the sex falls off, he goes elsewhere looking to 'get some,' no thanks. putting in all that time and effort towards him, just to get left behind for 'fresh meat.'
Our sex life is great, and since I was pretty much a "wild child sex kitten/goddess" BEFORE we met (since I enjoy sex so damn much thanks!), then there really isn't much of a point of denying myself a part of myself. I don't "try" to be anything I'm not.

Quote:
again, i don't feels like i come from a wounded environment i use what i seen and learned on my own to come to my determinations. i will not be meeting any of these so called good men b/c i don't date and also don't trust them as far as i could throw one. how long have you been married anyways? So if your husband gone for say, 5 or 6 hours and you don't know where, you just beleive whatever he tell you when he comes back? IF so, I don't know how a person live like that and beleive it's accurate when we all know people lie left and right.

But YOU do have serious issues.

I mean seriously, your posts from this thread and others prove that.

Quote:
I also have ones involving human penetration. But that is probably TMI.

I have ones involving control. I don't like people trying to control me or think they can control me for any reason whatsoever.
Quote:
yes. it is too late, if you wait a few more years your options will dwindle to basically nothing; just b/c you want to or that B.S. 'it's never too late' doesn't mean others will view it the same way. trust me, they won't.
Quote:
You said even when you're not with someone you still feel hopeful and to that I say, 'I guess you do since you found someone a few times before in life.' A person 26 or older who never found someone in the first place has nothing to be hopeful about IMO.
Seriously, I don't know what has happened to you in the past, but it's just that THE PAST. You need to accept it, and then move on. Living with these "demons" are putting a strain on you by damaging your self-esteem and giving you a very unhealthy view of relationships and life in general.

I worry these past experiences will be the downfall of your life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships