Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 09:35 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,838,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILikeSmartHippies View Post
Guys are supposed to make the first move, and the second, and so on, though yes, it seems most men are scared of offending, or of ending up in severe legal trouble from something simple like putting a hand on a shoulder or kissing too soon.
One great move i loved when i was on the 5th date,was when we came out of this resturant, he went to use his key to unlock my side of the car door and pretend it was jammed or stuck...so of course i looked down and he quick turned and kissed me. Let me tell ya loved the surprize.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2009, 08:40 PM

468 posts, read 1,220,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
One great move i loved when i was on the 5th date,was when we came out of this resturant, he went to use his key to unlock my side of the car door and pretend it was jammed or stuck...so of course i looked down and he quick turned and kissed me. Let me tell ya loved the surprize.

Thats usually the best way, catch 'em off guard before the girls know what hit 'em. If they know what's coming they usually duck.. (Strange thing is, they always remember the times I fooled them, later on, as the most memorable moment like you said.) I don't wait until the 5th date to do it though; it's nearly always when I first meet them or the 1st date where I'll get this done. There are plenty of women out there who would jump all over a guy for admitting this "gotta catch them off-guard" thing - as if the women need to give permission first, or need to sign a 18 page legal document prior to physical contact first, or etc. which really if anyone thinks about it, is prolonging the problem and making both men & women even more frustrated..

A hotter romance involves throwing women up against a wall for a makeout.. though that isn't for the faint of heart..

Old 05-03-2009, 01:33 AM

6,066 posts, read 15,042,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
Get a dog that makes the females go "awwww" and walk him in a park or beach or anywhere women are known to be and let your pooch break the ice for you.
Being a girl... I can totally say that this works! Another thing that we women go weak in the knees for is watching a man with kids. Not necessarily his kids, because you don't want drama or a guy just looking for somebody to be a mom to his kids.... but if you have neices or nephews, or if you could volunteer with kids... if you're good with kids... that is a sure-fire way to get women to notice you! And cute dogs work, too.

I think when we see a man taking care of kids or taking good care of their pets and their houseplants, it gives us a sign that you are responsible, mature, sweet, thoughtful... all those things that women want in a man. That's sexy to a woman. Unless she's the kind of girl who loves selfish bastards... some girls go for the bad boys... but most of us actually don't.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:46 AM

931 posts, read 3,802,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post
Being a girl... I can totally say that this works! Another thing that we women go weak in the knees for is watching a man with kids. Not necessarily his kids, because you don't want drama or a guy just looking for somebody to be a mom to his kids.... but if you have neices or nephews, or if you could volunteer with kids... if you're good with kids... that is a sure-fire way to get women to notice you! And cute dogs work, too.

I think when we see a man taking care of kids or taking good care of their pets and their houseplants, it gives us a sign that you are responsible, mature, sweet, thoughtful... all those things that women want in a man. That's sexy to a woman. Unless she's the kind of girl who loves selfish bastards... some girls go for the bad boys... but most of us actually don't.
No kids or pets. I have a house plant that is doing well though!

Old 05-03-2009, 02:55 PM

2,984 posts, read 5,855,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardhouseelf View Post

It's funny you mention that because women do look at me when I pushing my daughter in her baby carriage. They don't want me in bed or anything. They just like looking at a man who they see as the perfect guy to be married to. Lots of men see taking care of children as a woman's thing.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:03 PM

468 posts, read 1,220,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
It's funny you mention that because women do look at me when I pushing my daughter in her baby carriage. They don't want me in bed or anything. They just like looking at a man who they see as the perfect guy to be married to. Lots of men see taking care of children as a woman's thing.
Ummmm... I don't think it's as strong as that. Why does Paris Hilton carry around her silly little dog? Because it's cute. Women love to go "awwww..." over things that are cute. When people do this, they associate the person who is around the cuteness, also as being cute. So basically, Paris Hilton looks cuter when she's carrying around her silly little dog. Likewise if you're pushing around your daughter, and your daughter is cute (how could she not be.. all babies are cute! And young kids are too), then the women will go "awwww.." for your daughter and then also associate attractiveness to you. Even if you aren't that attractive, they will percieve you as more attractive. It's the old.. what.. I forget the russian psychologist's name. Sure, some part of it might be women looking at you "as you" and saying to themselves, "Wow he looks like a good man to have," though more likely, they are doing the "she's so adorable.. he's also so adorable" thing.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:42 PM

5 posts, read 15,037 times
Ditto times infinity.

Desperation is not only visible to girls, but also hurts your chances of maintaining a solid relationship. You need to first change yourself from within. This unfortunately is not an easy thing to do.. it's more than 'fake it till you make it'. Hmm.. read up on StevePavlina.com, and pursue some personal development. Read up on the Law of Attraction if you're interested. It works surprisingly.

Once you are really, really comfortable with who you are, and love who you are, and realize you don't need to become someone, trust me.. things will fall into place. Have confidence in the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmahorn View Post
Don't take this the wrong way, but you are coming off as very desperate. That is not an attractive quality for women. Maybe just focus on yourself, becoming more independent, developing a variety of interests you have. The more you develop yourself and your confidence, the more you won't even have to try with girls. Trust me, work on becoming the best, most interesting YOU that you can, and everything should fall into place.

Old 12-17-2015, 06:35 PM

1 posts, read 916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oleo View Post
How about a hiking club, I found one that meets close by. I can exercise, be out doors, learn about the area and possibly meet someone...

I have been looking for a couple weeks. I am on week 2 of online dating. okcupid. Maybe I am just spending too much energy on this.
Don't worry. I've been looking for years.

Old 12-17-2015, 11:22 PM

282 posts, read 236,090 times
I can confirm that volunteering is NOT the way to find a woman. At least not to find a woman that's under 40 or 50. I do volunteer work for two different major charities and donate blood regularly. Young women are scarce in these areas.

But I completely understand the concern and wish I had a good answer. There's simply no place to go that's reasonably dedicated to meeting (sober) people. I've thought about approaching women at the book store or grocery store, but feel it's inappropriate.

On the other hand, forget people who say that you should just quit trying and that you're desperate. There's a basic economic principle that applies to dating (and most everything in life). Those who seek and actively pursue are going to get better than those who passively accept what comes to them. And worse in the dating world, women generally do not seek, even when they are really into a guy, not a word comes out about it. If you want a woman, at least a more decent one, you HAVE to get out there.

It's just where is the problem.

Old 12-18-2015, 02:33 AM

13,233 posts, read 7,286,273 times
Low Self esteem is the biggest turn off for woman. Also doesn't hurt to be in good shape girls always like a guy who is in good shape. If you see a girl that your attracted to her just go up and start talking it shows you have some balls and woman like that. Unless your a celebrity, or rock star woman aren't going to come to you. Online dating works if you have a picture up and there is some physical attraction. You can be walking by a girl and exchange a smile that is all it takes to figure out if they are interested in talking to you. Lets say your in a shopping center and that happens you walk up and strike up a conversation about the store that is all you need. I would not bother with online dating just go places and try to do what I just said. Worst case girl just says no or I have a boy friend if you can get a phone number that's all you need. I know just in 1 second if a girl looks my way that she might be interested.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships