Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 08:49 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,657,508 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExPit View Post
I know you're probably half or more kidding, Ron. But truth is, I think women do much better without men than men do without women.
My Mom always said that exact quote! A woman can get along without a man. But most men need a woman in their life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2009, 08:51 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
Well men need to start toughening up, right this second or by goodness.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
My Mom always said that exact quote! A woman can get along without a man. But most men need a woman in their life.

Old 05-02-2009, 09:49 PM

9,912 posts, read 13,897,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbean View Post
A woman without a man is like a fish without a bicycle.
Thanks! I was hoping to find that quote here.

I needed a man to be here, after that not so much.

I can and do mow my lawn, kill spiders all by myself and I take the rubbish out.

I don't NEED a man but I sure do WANT the one I've got to hang around. He's good company.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:14 AM

1,813 posts, read 2,845,674 times
Want a man? Hell yeah!
Need a man? Nope, considering I don't want children.

Old 05-03-2009, 04:50 AM

1,462 posts, read 4,866,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
Yes, I said it......you need a man to give you direction and guidence. You need a man to show you how to act in public, you need a man to look up to.Ladies why don't you just admit, YOU want and need a man?
Oh boy, I'm in trouble now.
Happy Friday
R
ARE YOU NUTZ TO WRITE SOMETHING LIKE THIS? Or...were you trying to start trouble...Oh, no, I get it...you were looking for a woman to give you guidance and direction? Perhaps you need a lesson in etiquette so you will know how to act in public...No? Don't feel bad that you just embarassed yourself, there are plenty of women on here who can teach you how to behave.

Women do NOT need men to validate who they are as a person, nor do they need men to show them how to behave in public, or give us guidance or direction. We are not the ones going to bachelor parties and paying someone to take their clothes off then getting fried beyond belief and arrested for drunk driving...hmmmm what "direction" were you going in when you got caught drunk driving? OH...the Police Officer who stopped you he had to put you in his car and SHOW YOU how to get sober in "His House"...,right? AND...what did I hear you did in public just last week??? Farted??? then laughed?? OH...you ran away from the fart so someone else would get blamed...right?? AWWWW you da man!!

What's that?? You talk about your sex life with your BROS at work?? Does your wife know that your every last private detail is now all over the office? WELL, now isn't that good behavior? I mean, think how "special" your wife will feel at the office picnic this summer. Oh, sorry, I forgot you don't call her your wife, she is "Your Old Lady"...SIGH...gosh I just don't know how we can possibly live without you...do you??? I mean it is so much fun asking you all the time if you LOVE us and getting that "SEXY" grunt back while you are in the midst of watching your favorite baseball team get trounced as you HOLLAR at the T.V. OOOOOH what a turn on!

Get my point???? And have a wonderful rest of the weekend..,.that is if your significant other or wife hasn't found you a place to live in the cellar already!

Old 05-03-2009, 04:56 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
OP, the lesbians don't need a man. Remember that.

I go along with the concept, but not the reasoning behind it. Many women seek a male partner for SOME reason. My take on it is if you don't NEED someone, why would you even WANT them? I'll freely admit I want a partner with skills that COMPLEMENT mine, not ones that are identical. Thus...I NEED her to do those things that I'm not particularly good at--like cooking. But we're a "team", I don't expect her to be subservient to me. I'm offended if she feels she has to work outside the home--and none of the women I have been in relationships with HAVE worked outside the home. That's MY job...to take care of our income. HER job is to manage that income wisely.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:33 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,629,910 times
A woman doesn't NEED a man, haha. I don't think anyone needs anyone else, to be frank. I need gas stations, I need grocery stores, etc. but I don't need anyone in particular or anyone specific. Frankly if those same places were run by robots it'd be fine with me. And they will be one day! haha.

I would, however, say that about 90% of girls, ok more like 95%, behave as though they need guys. It's because they do nothing but talk about their relationships, ask other people about their relationships, go from one relationship to another, and seem to have little else going on in their lives, or whatever else they do have going on is so obviously secondary to their * drum roll* relationships. It's actually pretty sickening.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:34 AM

7,087 posts, read 8,629,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
HAHA, as if!!! Most guys get by just fine without girls. Just like Charlie from Two and a Half Men said, "I got a maid, I eat dinner out, and I have plenty of girls on the side, why do I need a wife?" A guy doesn't need a girl. Everything a girl does can be replaced by something fairly easily. The vast majority of the time girls are just a huge pain in the butt. The rare exceptions exist, and I consider my gf to be one of those, but it's not like I know ANY guys who need a girl. That is just PURE weakness!

Old 05-03-2009, 07:40 AM

1,419 posts, read 2,454,380 times
I DONT need a man. I want one though.

Old 05-03-2009, 08:01 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by princesasabia View Post
I DONT need a man. I want one though.
Why? If you don't need him, why would you want him? I freely admit I NEED a woman as a partner in life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships